All good things quickly find application! More recently, that such a patio was known only in sunny Spain. From there he migrated to other countries of the Mediterranean. And today, already in many countries, everyone who owns suburban housing is deciding for themselves the question of whether we can also make a patio in the country? What lies behind this melodic word?
- Amazing outdoor area
- Secrets to arranging a patio
Amazing outdoor area
The patio is called an open patio, surrounded on all sides by a green hedge, a decorative grille or walls. From the very beginning, it was a corner of security that medieval cities once boasted. Its function was to create a peaceful and calm environment. Something similar involves a corner in the country – it should become a cozy place to relax. Often this role is played by the outdoor terrace. But if for some reason you do not want to have an extension, then the patio may well become its equivalent replacement. So, how is such a corner arranged? One wall of this special courtyard can be the wall of a summer house. On other sides, it can be surrounded by a green hedge or a fence, which encloses the site from neighboring buildings. As a rule, some part of the patio is paved with stone or tile, and the second is designed as a flower garden or lawn.
Making a patio at the cottage with your own hands, you can widely apply your imagination and creativity. Many decorative elements are suitable for this purpose. You can:
- build a small pool or fountain;
- create an artificial pond or garden pond;
- make or buy beautiful garden furniture;
- place decorative vases there;
- potted flowerpots in the courtyard.
You can protect yourself from the sun with the help of pergolas along which climbing plants will descend.
Secrets to arranging a patio
There are also subtleties and nuances in this business. Dwell on some of them.
1. The location of the patio will depend on the destination. If you are a fan of sunbathing, then the best option is a sunny lawn. For those who like to meet the dawn or see off the sunset, the corner should be placed respectively on the east side or from the west.
2. The second thing to do is draw up a diagram. It marks where the lawn, flower beds, furniture, paved part, etc. will be. In the event of a hot summer, it would be wise to think about the installation of a canopy or gazebo. If there is a pond or fountain in the patio, they are in the center. It is with them that construction work should begin – to dig a pit, lay pipes, etc. Only after that will it be possible to do the rest.
3. The next question is what to make a hard coating of? You can tile the patio with a variety of materials. The main thing is that they are practical:
- did not succumb to severe pollution;
- easily washed and cleaned;
- were resistant to shock and weathering;
- not slippery so you don’t get hurt.
Usually, clinker bricks, natural or artificial stone are used for this purpose. They are laid out in different ways – in the form of pavers, strict geometric shapes, mosaics, etc..
4. Beautiful patios in the country, photos of which you can see on the Internet, are unthinkable without luxurious blooming greenery. What will it be – you choose:
- smash a flower bed or lawn;
- plant flowers in pots or containers;
- make a living wall of climbing plants.
Think about your willingness to spend a lot of time caring for your plants. It is better to plant those that will bloom at different times. Then your patio will delight you with bright colors throughout the summer. Along with flowers, you can plant low trees and shrubs. Keep in mind their relationship to sunlight..
5. If you prefer a lawn, then it should be slightly above the surface of the patio. This way you can mow the lawn without harming the surface..
6. The final touches in the design of the patio are furniture and lighting. Cottage furniture can be plastic, forged, wicker, wooden, etc. It should be combined with the general style of the courtyard, and also be affordable for your budget. As an evening lighting, which should be soft and diffused, you can use ground lights or high lights.
We hope that these tips will help you create a unique patio at the cottage. Let it become a favorite place of communication for your family!