Warm baseboard is a completely new technology for heating residential premises, which is based on the principle of convection. Europeans have been heating their homes in this way for more than 20 years, and this type of heaters has come to Russia recently. Why is a warm skirting board so good? What is the principle of its work? How much is this miracle and can only one small appliance replace an entire heating system? We will answer these and other questions in this article..
- Warm baseboard design
- Classification of systems “warm skirting”
- Water heating circuit
- Skirting board powered by electricity
Warm baseboard design
Outside, the warm baseboard is a metal box 14 cm high and 3 cm wide. It is installed directly on the wall instead of the usual plastic or wooden baseboard. A heat exchange heating module is fixed on special brackets inside the heater, which consists of two copper tubes with brass lamellas mounted on them. The inner diameter of the copper tubes is only 11 mm and the outer is 13 mm.
The heating modules are interconnected using crimping nuts or copper brazing. In the corners, heat exchangers are connected by special rotary tubes made of polyethylene or copper. The coolant (water or electricity) is supplied to the warm baseboard from the distribution manifold using underwater pipes.
It is advisable to complete the distribution manifold with flow meters, drain and shut-off valves, automatic air vents. You can also provide a thermometer with a manometer, which would exercise control over the entire system and adjust its parameters.
Classification of systems “warm skirting”
According to the heating method, the skirting system is divided into two types:
Water heating circuit
From the name itself, we can already conclude that a fluid circulating along the contours of the system, the volume of which is 0.34 liters. per linear meter of the system. It can be both water and antifreeze. Liquid temperature can vary from 50 to 85 ° C.
You can adjust the room temperature manually on the collector itself or it happens automatically.
Skirting board powered by electricity
This version of the warm skirting board is powered by an electric heater with a power of 200 W per linear meter. All heating elements are interconnected in parallel, and their operation mode is regulated using a wall-mounted electromechanical or electronic temperature controller with a built-in room temperature sensor.
The principle of operation of a warm skirting board
The principle of operation of this heating system is based on a special effect, when warm air rises slowly along the walls, giving off its heat. Outside (on windows and walls) a “screen” is created that prevents the outflow of heat from the room, and the walls themselves emit energy that is transmitted to all objects in the room – furniture, fabrics, carpets, etc..
Thus, the room warms up twice – the first time from the baseboard and the second from objects. As a result of such heat exposure, a uniform distribution of heat occurs around the entire perimeter of the room and along its height. No heater can produce such an effect..
Heat distribution using the “warm skirting” system
Advantages of the device and operation
- This type of heating device takes care of human health, because in addition to the fact that a warm baseboard creates a barrier to cold air, warming the walls inside and out, it also saves them from excess moisture. In addition, there is practically no dust in a room equipped with such a heating system, or rather it is, but it behaves “quieter than water, lower than grass”, because air circulation is very slow.
- A warm baseboard can be used as the main heating system, and if necessary, for example, on a loggia, balcony or terrace, it can be supplemented with other heating devices.
- The system is suitable for all types of boiler equipment operating on various types of fuel..
- Due to the special design of the heating module and the connection via a collector, the difference between the temperature of the supply and return lines does not exceed 5 ° C, which is 4 times less than in traditional systems. It is due to this that there is a significant saving of fuel and energy costs..
- Heat is distributed evenly throughout the apartment.
- A warm baseboard saves not only your money, but also the space of your apartment, because it, in contrast to radiator batteries, takes up very little space.
- You can not be afraid for furniture and curtains, even those that touch the baseboard, as the system is absolutely safe.
- This type of heating equipment is ideal for any room, because the color of the body can have a variety of shades, even imitation of wood, marble and other textures is possible.
- The system is indispensable in rooms with high ceilings and a large number of windows. You will not notice any condensation on the glass.
Installation of the heating system “warm skirting” is divided into two stages.
At the first stage, all the conclusions for connecting the skirting board are prepared, the supply tubes from the collectors are laid out, an electric cable is supplied.
The second stage of the installation of a warm skirting board begins after the full decoration of the room. If the system is water, then the wizard installs all the elements of the plinth, connects the modules to the prepared conclusions, conducts a pressure test of the system, balances the contours, and sets up the automation system. In the electrical version, all the elements of the housing are mounted first, then the specialist connects the circuits to the terminals, makes all the necessary insulation measurements. At the end of these works, electricity is supplied and thermostats are set.
Assortment and price of the issue
Buying a warm skirting board – its price can vary quite a lot in different stores and salons – is not difficult today, it’s much harder to understand the principle of calculating the cost for the system itself and for its installation.
Such a heating system is a whole set, consisting of a large number of components: aluminum profiles, heating elements, plastic plugs, holders, brackets, connecting fittings, manifolds, underwater tubes, etc. The number of all these components, and therefore the cost of the entire system as a whole, is influenced by many factors: the size of the room and its geometry, heat loss, the desired color, the need for collectors, supply tubes and other additional materials. All these elements have their own price, therefore it is not possible to talk about the single cost of the “warm skirting” system.
To make all the calculations, select the required number of elements and do it all qualitatively, professionally and without errors, only a specialist who has completed a training course can.
The heating system “warm skirting”, of course, deserves attention to its person, because such an innovative, stylish and brilliant invention in the field of heat energy has not yet been.