Wall mounted gas heating boilers
Heating a house or apartment is perhaps one of the most fundamental elements of a comfortable life, because in a cold room this life itself will seem like a living hell, especially in winter. Solving the problems of heat supply is now very simple, since there are a lot of possibilities and various devices for this. Gas wall-mounted boilers can be safely attributed to such devices, because they not only carry heat in themselves, but are also convenient in operation and installation.
- Types of mounted gas boilers
- Documents required for installation
- Installation of a wall gas boiler
- Step 1. Mounting the boiler to the wall
- Step 2. Connection to the water pipes
- Step 3. Connection to the gas pipeline
- Step 4. Connecting the gas boiler to the mains
- Step 5. Connecting the boiler to the chimney pipe
- Step 6. Filling the heating system with water
- Step 7. Starting the gas boiler
Types of mounted gas boilers
Wall-mounted gas heating boilers, as mentioned above, are very convenient to install, and all because all their contents are enclosed in one housing. Inside it is almost everything that is necessary for the normal functioning of the whole boiler house – a heat exchanger, burner, circulation pump, control device, expansion tank, pressure gauge, thermometer and other elements.
But not only the ease of installation attracts potential buyers, but also the ease of operation, because most modern models of gas wall-mounted boilers are equipped with the simplest control system, which even a pensioner or schoolchildren can handle.
By functionality, mounted gas boilers are divided into two types:
Single-circuit boilers provide only heating of a house or apartment, that is, they are used for their intended purpose.
Double wall gas boiler but it can simultaneously heat the premises of the home and provide the owners with hot water.
Of course, this type of gas boilers has an advantage over single-circuit types of heating devices, because one boiler solves two problems at once, just keep in mind that if your house has central heating, then spending money on the purchase of such a device is irrational.
By the method of exhaust gas removal, mounted gas boilers are divided into two types:
- with open camera
- with a closed combustion chamber.
In boilers with an open chamber, air for maintaining the combustion process comes directly from the room in which the heating equipment is installed, and all exhaust gases go through a chimney.
If you do not have a chimney or if you decide to install a gas boiler in the apartment (naturally, this type of housing does not have a chimney provided by any regulatory documents), then boilers with a closed combustion chamber can be used. The set of this heating device includes a smoke exhaust system, which forcibly removes combustion products from the boiler using a special turbine.
Boilers with a closed combustion chamber have several advantages:
- they do not burn oxygen in the house;
- do not require the installation of a chimney;
- do not require fresh air from outside.
Although a traditional chimney is not needed in this case, a similar heating system must be equipped with a coaxial chimney, the cost of which is several times less than the cost of installing a standard exhaust pipe. A similar device can be mounted even in an apartment, then you can independently adjust the intensity of the water supply and heating, as well as significantly save on utility bills.
The coaxial chimney is also called the “pipe in the pipe” – through the outer pipe of the chimney, air enters the apartment, and combustion products are discharged through the internal.
By type of ignition, wall-mounted gas boilers are:
- with electronic ignition
- with piezo ignition
Boilers, which are started by piezo ignition, have a special button on the control panel, after which heat is started.
Boilers with electronic ignition start automatically. This type of heating device is much more economical than its “manual” counterparts, because there is no igniter with a constantly smoldering flame. In addition, in case of a sudden power outage (which quite often happens in Russia), the boiler will turn on independently, while you will have to turn on the model with piezo ignition manually.
Advantages of mounted gas boilers
- Almost all models of gas attachments are equipped with a burner power control system, which allows you to smoothly control the gas supply in the range from 30 to 100% depending on your needs. Thanks to this system, your boiler will always be in perfect condition, because the likelihood of scale formation in this case is reduced to a minimum.
- The gas wall-mounted boiler is able to maintain its operability at almost any gas pressure indicators (not beyond, of course). For Russia, this is very important, because throughout the country there are constant problems with the supply of gas, or rather with pressure drops. Some models of attachments, even at a pressure of 5 mbar, are able to work quite stably, of course, the power decreases, but nevertheless, you can well maintain a favorable temperature in the house or apartment.
- Modern gas boilers are equipped with all degrees of protection that you can imagine. You buy not just a heater, but a completely safe device. Wall-mounted boilers immediately have two degrees of protection against scale formation: a temperature control system in the primary circuit and a magnetic system for reducing scale formation. The first instantly responds to any critical temperature increase, which avoids the formation of scale, and the second separates the salts in such a way that they do not settle when heated.
Documents required for installation
You were not mistaken, in order to install a gas boiler in your home, you will need some documents, because you purchased not just a device, but a device that runs on dangerous fuel – gas.
So, you will need the following documents:
- original service contract;
- original contract for commissioning;
- act of demarcation between an official organization (for example, Gorgaz) and an enterprise servicing equipment
Installation of a wall gas boiler
For a clearer example, consider the process installation of gas mounted boiler double-circuit type, we only note that all operations must be performed by employees of a company that has all the necessary certificates and documents.
Step 1. Mounting the boiler to the wall
Gas wall-mounted double-circuit boilers are mounted using the special bracket included in the kit. It must be fixed strictly parallel to the floor, otherwise your boiler will hang unevenly, which can cause breakage associated with the formation of scale.
Step 2. Connection to the water pipes
Since we are installing a double-circuit boiler, which will not only heat the house, but also provide it with hot water, we will have to take care of installing a strainer. This filter is mounted on the heating water inlet back to the boiler. This approach to installation will prevent clogging of the heat exchanger, and, as a consequence, its breakdown. It is also recommended to install ball valves on both sides of the filter and on all boiler nozzles.
Important: do not forget to remove from the nozzles all plugs that were installed by the manufacturer.
Step 3. Connection to the gas pipeline
This operation should be carried out only by certified specialists of the gas service, therefore we will not delve into the subtleties and nuances of this complex process. True, it is worth noting that in front of the boiler a ball valve or gas valve must be installed with a gas certificate (otherwise gas will enter your house or apartment), gas meter, gas detector and thermal shut-off valve. Do not forget that the gas tap must be in a convenient place and have easy access to yourself..
Step 4. Connecting the gas boiler to the mains
To connect the gas boiler to the electrical network, you need to use a three-wire cable with a plug of such a length that it reaches the nearest outlet. If there is no such one in the reach zone, then you will have to deal with the installation of a 220 V outlet with ground.
Important: do not confuse the phase wire with zero, otherwise your boiler will not work.
Step 5. Connecting the boiler to the chimney pipe
The coaxial pipe included in the kit is connected to the gas boiler and discharged into a specially drilled hole in the wall outside the room.
Step 6. Filling the heating system with water
Before starting the boiler, it is necessary to fill the entire system with water, having previously disconnected the gas equipment from the mains. In order to carry out this operation, you need to open the built-in valve located at the bottom of the boiler, and when the pressure reaches 0.8-1.2 bar, this valve itself must be closed. The system is ready to go..
Important: you need to fill the system slowly with water, so that all the air out of it gradually through special air vents.
Step 7. Starting the gas boiler
So, your gas wall-mounted heating boiler is installed, the last and most important step remains – its launch. First, make sure that the water and gas supply systems are completely tight, and after that you can “cut the red ribbon”.
By inserting the plug into the outlet, and setting the thermostat relay to the maximum value, you give the go-ahead to your new pet. He will turn on himself, because for this he has all the possibilities.
The specialists who carry out the installation and start-up of your boiler must familiarize you with the operating and operating rules of the unit.
Let your hinged gas boiler serve you faithfully for many years!