Steel pipes for heating and fittings for steel pipes
One of the main elements of the heating system is steel pipes, which now have many rivals in the modern building materials market. However, this did not make steel pipes less popular. To reliably connect sections of the heating network, the industry produces fittings for steel pipes that are threaded. Therefore, the installation of the heating system can be done with your own hands, using adjustable wrenches and wrenches. This is the minimum of tools that a plumber master should have in his arsenal. When installing large diameter pipes, use flange fittings or resort to a method of welded butt joints. To perform a high-quality weld, you must already have the appropriate qualifications and high-tech equipment.
- The choice of pipes for heating
- Methods for the production of steel pipes
- Range of steel pipe
- Installation of steel pipes and their bending
- Wiring Methods
- Advantages and disadvantages of steel pipes Steel pipe specialists
The choice of pipes for heating
The process of choosing pipes for installing a heating system must be approached very seriously, taking into account a number of the following factors:
- hidden or external method of laying heating pipes;
- the need for pipe insulation if any part of the network passes outside the heated room;
- coolant pressure level and its average temperature value in the heating system;
- heating system configuration (direct or complex);
- own repair of the system in further operation.
Methods for the production of steel pipes
1. Seamless method of manufacturing pipes. It is quite expensive, but very reliable option..
2. The welded method allows to obtain straight-seam and spiral-seam steel stainless pipes. Their difference, as can be seen from the names, lies in the choice of the type of weld. Also, hot-deformed pipes are produced, in the production process of which hot deformation is used. In addition, there are cold-deformed pipes, in the release of which resort to cold deformation technology.
Range of steel pipe
The list of pipes manufactured by the enterprise that meet the accepted state standards is a range. The production capacity of a given pipe mill depends on how extensive it is..
The assortment of steel pipes is also indicated in stores, and it can be arranged in the form of a table listing the types of pipes available for sale and their main parameters.
When creating a range of steel pipes, a number of factors are taken into account:
- steel grade for pipe manufacturing;
- production technology;
- Wall thickness;
- the presence of additional processing;
- pipe purpose.
Installation of steel pipes and their bending
When choosing steel pipes, as well as before starting installation work, it is necessary to carefully consider the product to make sure that there are no factory defects or any mechanical damage that occurred during the delivery of the material to the object.
If the purchased pipes are not galvanized, then they are stained. As a paint and varnish material, asphalt varnish is most often used. Factory-galvanized pipes are not subjected to additional processing. If an open installation of steel pipes is selected, clamps are used to fasten them to the walls. At the same time, there are recommendations on the distances between the attachment points, which depend on the inner diameter of the metal pipe:
1. If the diameter is 15-20 mm, then the fasteners are placed at a distance of not more than 2.5 m.
2. With a pipe diameter equal to 25 or more millimeters, stand between the supports for about three meters.
3. If the diameter is 40 mm, then the distance between the clamps is 4 meters.
For bending steel pipes, a manual hydraulic pipe bender is usually used. This compact and convenient device is easily transported to the object. When operating economically consumes electricity. The difficulty of cutting and bending pipes is a major disadvantage of steel products..
In the absence of this tool, ready-made steel fittings of the desired shape are purchased, which ensure the connection of straight sections in places of bending of the pipeline.
- autogenous welding is used to connect pipes having smooth ends;
- when screwing, the connection is strengthened with a sealing gasket, thereby ensuring its impermeability;
- flange connections with bolt fasteners with which the flanges are attached to the ends of the pipe.
Threaded Fittings for Steel Pipes
A complete assortment of threaded fittings used for joining steel pipes in various configurations is on sale. It includes:
- transition couplings;
- barrels (couplings with external thread);
- transitional barrels;
- drives (elongated barrels);
- connectors “American”;
- squares of all kinds;
- all kinds of tees;
- forward and backward footwork;
- locknuts and plugs.
Advantages and disadvantages of steel pipes
For the installation of heating systems at the moment, several types of pipes are used: copper, polymer, steel. The most optimal option in terms of price and quality are steel pipes for heating. The main disadvantage of steel pipes is their susceptibility to corrosion. To level this minus the pipes are galvanized. This method is most suitable for household installation of heating systems. However, it must be remembered that antifreeze cannot be used in galvanized pipes..
In terms of mechanical strength and low expansion coefficient with a possible temperature change, steel pipes have practically no rivals in the field of steam heating and heat supply. In copper products, the value of this coefficient is two times greater, and in plastic – 15 times. Therefore, having completed the installation of the heating system from PVC pipes, it is necessary to strictly monitor the temperature of the coolant. If the maximum temperature is exceeded, the plastic pipes become deformed. The disadvantages of steel pipes include their severity and inconvenient dimensions, which complicate the process of installing the heating system. It also requires the search for a specialist in welding, and with high qualifications. Otherwise, water will leak through invisible microcracks at the joints. Welders have their own methods for detecting microcracks, sometimes very original ones..
Steel pipes are famous for their long service life, which can be up to forty years. Although the factories guarantee the quality of the pipes for ten years. Earlier in our country only steel pipes were used, which have not yet been replaced. Meanwhile, the high degree of deterioration of the pipelines leads to constant gusts and endless repairs. When replacing pipes in an apartment, it is recommended to use steel pipes, since the entire centralized heating system of an apartment building is made of them. When installing an autonomous heating system in a country house, the owner can choose the type of pipes at his discretion.