Sewerage in a private house
Gone are the days when real estate in the private sector was associated with a lack of amenities. Now sewage in a country house is a common occurrence. When constructing new residential facilities sewage system provided by the project initially. In houses of the old building, options are being sought for improvement, while you have to look for a free area to place a bathroom or carry out an extension to the building. You can install your own sewage system in a private house with your own hands, but most often the owners turn to professional teams with experience in carrying out such work. The involvement of specialists is also justified by the quick timing of the scope of work, including due to the equipment with tools and special equipment.
- Design: sewer scheme in a private house
- Sewerage construction: progress
- Drain well device
- Attracting professionals: who to contact
Design: sewer scheme in a private house
Before proceeding with installation work, it is necessary to carry out a number of preliminary measures. The presence of a detailed scheme allows you to correctly perform a sewage device in a private house. Therefore, at this stage, usually carry out the following actions:
- They are determined with the location of the drain well, while trying to choose a site that is located below the house. At the same time, the place of exit of the sewer pipe from the house is also fixed..
- Next, they are determined with the start point of the installation of the sewer pipe directly in the house. Usually this is the place to install the toilet. The inlet and outlet of the pipe should be in a straight line. The presence of distortions and any bends are not allowed. This main pipe will receive wastewater from all available in the house drain sources: kitchen sink, shower, washbasin, toilet.
- Then they begin to design a sewer system, drawing on a scale its scheme, on which all pipe sizes are indicated. In this case, the required number of different compounds is calculated. The time taken to spend on the purchase of all consumables depends on the accuracy of the measurements taken. It will be annoying if the installation of sewage in a private house is suspended due to a lack of pipe footage. Also, with a well-designed project, the erected sewage system in a private house will qualitatively last for a long time.
Sewerage construction: progress
If a sewerage was previously present in a private house and work is required to update or supplement it, then you can use the previously laid ways.
If the existing location does not fit the solution of new problems, then re-carry out the entire installation.
- To drain into a private house, it is necessary to open the floors. There are some cases where this procedure can be avoided: if there is enough space under the floor for a person to move. However, when building old houses, the floors spread directly above the surface of the earth, so you have to spread them to complete the work.
- Then they start digging a trench into which the main sewer pipe will be laid. To determine its depth, you need to dig a hole under the foundation and measure the resulting distance. If it exceeds one meter, then this depth of the pipe will not allow it to freeze in the winter. If necessary, the trench deepens, if for some reason it is impossible, then at the place where the sewer pipe leaves the house, it is insulated.
- Then they continue to dig a trench on the street right up to the drainage well, while making a slope that will provide unimpeded flow of water through the pipe. To determine the slope angle, the following rule is followed: for every ten meters of the track, the depth of the trench should increase by half a meter.
- A layer of sand is poured at the bottom of the trench section located on the street, the thickness of which should be at least 15 cm. This will allow the pipe to take a comfortable position and withstand the pressure of the soil poured from above.
- After they lay the pipes in a trench, joining them together with special connecting elements, providing for the connection to them of secondary pipes coming from other drain sources. Plastic pipes are available in two-meter and three-meter, so choose those that are more convenient to install in this private house. Their thickness should be at least 100 mm. In places where blockages are possible, experts recommend installing revisions. Through these special removable plugs in the pipes, the pipe is cleaned with a steel cable.
- Internal wiring of sewers in a private house is carried out using special adapters connecting sewer pipes of different diameters. After all, the thickness of the exit from the washbasin, kitchen sink, shower cabin is 50 mm.
Drain well device
Outdoor sewage system in a private house it is connected with a drain well device, which can be made of concrete rings or ready-made plastic tanks. When placing them take into account the requirements of sanitary standards, which provide a five-meter indent from the house and a twenty-meter indent from the drinking well. When calculating the volume of a well, the number of people constantly living in the house is taken into account. There should be at least 0.5 cubic meters of volume per person. If you do not want to dig a deep hole to accommodate several concrete rings, resort to the device of two tanks connected by a pipe. In any case, it is necessary to provide free space for the access of the sewer machine to the tank for periodic pumping of wastewater.
A well of brick, concrete or reinforced concrete is the easiest and cheapest way to install a local sewage system in a private house. Such structures are erected without a bottom, and the walls are made leaky. Wastewater, getting into such an absorbable tank, is subjected to primary treatment. In this case, large particles settle on the bottom, and water penetrates the soil.
Such a drain well device is dangerous for the environment, since biochemical pollution of the territory located in the immediate vicinity of the structure is likely. Such wells need periodic cleaning and constant use of the services of a cesspool machine.
A little better for the environment is the device cesspool at installation of the sewerage in the private house. A sealed container that collects all waste water needs pumping. The materials used for the manufacture of this tank are plastic, concrete and others. It is also possible to arrange more advanced options for collecting and filtering wastewater: a septic tank and the latest biological treatment systems..
Attracting professionals: who to contact
With a small amount of work and the availability of free time to study the basics of this science, you can install the sewage system on your own. However, the help of a knowledgeable person will not be superfluous at all. In such a serious matter, it is undesirable to learn from your mistakes. Although when referring to a third-party organization, you need to be careful. After all, the market for construction services is also filled with “hackers,” who may not know or do not comply with the requirements of the technology for performing work. Therefore, you should choose those companies that are already known in this area in the local services market..