Bacteria and other means for cesspools
A country house is a dream of many, but few people know that owning a cottage is not only coziness and comfort, but also many problems associated with its content. Take at least a cleanup cesspool or sewage. Agree, it’s not enough pleasant, but you need to do this, and periodically. To facilitate this not-too-“pleasant-smelling” labor, special bacteria have been developed for cesspools and chemicals that accelerate the decomposition process and provide for the disinfection of fecal matter. It’s easy and pleasant to work with such assistants..
- Types of means for cleaning cesspools and sewers
- Chemicals for cesspools – benefit or harm?
- Biological preparations – a new word in sewer cleaning
Types of means for cleaning cesspools and sewers
Any septic system, whether it is a cesspool, sewer or a standard summer toilet, requires care. To completely eliminate the possibility of contamination, it is necessary to use various means for the care or cleaning of such septic systems. The following types of drugs are available:
- Chemicals: nitrate oxidizing agents, formaldehyde and quaternary ammonium salts.
- Bacterial-enzyme complexes.
All these tools, as already mentioned above, accelerate the processes of waste decomposition, eliminate unpleasant odors, and also have a cleansing effect, that is, they help maintain the septic system in normal working condition.
Now consider in more detail the characteristics of these species.
Chemicals for cesspools – benefit or harm?
Chemistry for cesspools works at almost any temperature, the main thing here is to ensure that the liquid does not freeze or boil (you never know what situations happen in life). Such products are not afraid of aggressive impurities and hard water, but they do not have the most positive effect on the sewage system itself and the surrounding nature. Any chemical-based cesspooling tool destroys metal, so if your sewage system is made of metal elements, think a hundred times before using such a preparation.
- Formaldehyde is the cheapest chemical liquid for cesspools. Literally 5-10 years ago it was used at almost every step, until it was proved that this drug has very high toxicity and carcinogenicity. For this reason, today you will not be able to find such funds on sale.
- Nitrate oxidizing agents are ordinary nitrogen fertilizers, however, this pleasure is quite expensive. This tool for cleaning cesspools and toilets is absolutely environmentally friendly and contains in its composition surface-active substances (surfactants), which provide a dilution of organic waste, high washing ability, as well as insensitivity to the content of detergents in drains and waste, that is, if we say “Simple Russian language” – nothing hinders him.
- Quaternary ammonium compounds are excellent disinfectants (feces destroyers). Such drugs eliminate unpleasant odors, accelerate the decomposition of waste, but do not work well if detergents are present in the drains. Moreover, their impact on the environment has not yet been fully studied, so when emptying the same mobile toilets, be extremely careful – do it better in special places, for example, discharge everything into sewers or ditches.
None of these means will ever, and for nothing, turn feces into compost, well, unless you merge the contents of your mobile toilet into a compost pile.
Only here, with overheating and bio-heating, will the final and irrevocable destruction of pathogenic microflora, helminth eggs and other muck occur.
Biological preparations – a new word in sewer cleaning
Biological products for cesspools consist of a complex of useful enzymes and living bacteria-scavengers. Such agents are very sensitive to chlorine and its compounds, phenols, acids, alkalis and aldehydes. They work perfectly in the temperature range from +4 to +30 degrees, that is, in autumn and winter you will have to look for another alternative. But on the other hand, biological products not only transform waste into a mass safe for nature, but also provide valuable organic and mineral fertilizer, which can be used at one’s own discretion.
In addition, biological agents prevent the formation of toxic fumes and gases, the development of pathogens, destroy unpleasant odors, do not have a destructive effect on plastic parts of septic tanks and dry closets, do not irritate the mucous membranes and skin of the hands.
It is for such characteristics that many summer residents and owners of suburban real estate pay more and more attention to safe and environmentally friendly drugs, choosing a tool for toilet in the country not on a chemical basis, but on a bacterial.
Recommendations for the selection of means for cleaning cesspools
Choosing an antiseptic for cesspools, it is worth considering some points:
- If you are not going to dispose of the waste, then the best option would be to use bacterial agents with the maximum reduction in solid inclusions, that is, all waste will turn into a liquid mass.
- If you want to use fecal matter as a fertilizer, you need to use either nitrate oxidizing agents or bioactivators for cesspools. Nitrate oxidizing agents, as mentioned above, are ordinary nitrogen fertilizers, which, when bio-heated in a compost heap, will accelerate the maturation of the compost and contribute to the death of all pathogenic bacteria. Well, you don’t have to worry about detergents that got into the cesspool – all modern powders are completely biodegradable, which means that in no way can they affect the quality of the compost.
- For gardeners, an excellent cleaning option will be tablets for the toilet in the country. They quickly process paper and fecal matter into an absolutely non-toxic liquid, and the water and mineral sediment left after decomposition can be used to fertilize the soil. One tablet can recycle a whole cubic meter of sewage.
- IN autonomous sewage systems the use of any means to clean them is a completely stupid and senseless task, because in them all the processes of biodegradation take place naturally. Although in case of soil subsidence or the appearance of an unpleasant odor, nitrate oxidizing agents can be used – they will not only destroy the smell, but also clean the drain, eliminate blockages and siltation. But biobacteria for cesspools in this case will not help, because their work will be difficult due to the presence of detergents in the drains.
As you can see, there is nothing terrible and difficult to clean the sewage system, especially since bacteria that have been actively helping people in many areas of life for decades have reached cesspools, turning such an unpleasant process into a very decent and even useful procedure.