How to make practical and unique country canopies
When making a suburban housing project, do not forget about such a small architectural form as awnings for a summer residence. These designs perform important functions. First of all, it is protection against precipitation and the sun. Secondly, they can decorate the facade of the house and at the same time create a place for privacy and relaxation. In addition, they can be used as farm buildings for various purposes. Inventive and hardworking owners have come up with more than one way to arrange such an additional roof. It can be made from new and available materials..
- Characteristics of canopies and their types
- Design Features
- Stationary canopy
- Sliding (adjustable) canopy
Characteristics of canopies and their types
Country canopies have different characteristics.
According to the functional purpose, they are reactionary and economic.
- Reactionary should provide protection against rain, wind and the sun. Such canopies suit the place of rest, pool, barbecue, sports, playgrounds, etc. They can be of different sizes and shapes. Inside decorative canopies, which are part of a single ensemble of landscape design, benches are often installed for relaxation. If they are protected with a special lattice for climbing plants, they will be an excellent decoration of your site.
- Household sheds in the yard correspond to their purpose and can be an excellent protection for a car or motorcycle, be a place for storing garden tools, serve as a summer kitchen, etc..
Such small architectural forms vary in their location and can be attached and separate.
- Attached buildings make up a single structure, which can be either straight or sloping. From one edge it is fixed to the wall of the house, and from the other it is attached to special supports.
- Separate canopies stand separately and do not touch the house. They differ in appearance and internal structure. These buildings can be rectangular, polygonal, arched, domed, pyramidal, as well as single or gable.
Designs differ in the materials used for their construction..
A lot in this matter depends on the functional purpose of the building. A canopy in the country with your own hands can be made of such materials:
- brick or natural stone,
- forged metal or tempered glass,
- wood or specially treated fabric,
- metal profile,
- corrugated board or polycarbonate.
The complexity of the execution and installation of the canopy, as well as its cost, will depend on the selected material.
The described architectural forms can be stationary and sliding or adjustable.
It is a solid, non-separable structure mounted on supports. If you have no idea how to build a canopy with your own hands, as an example, you can cite a wooden structure installed on a foundation made of natural stone or brick. Supports can be wooden or metal.
Sliding (adjustable) canopy
Fashionable and spectacular element of decorating the house and the plot. We are talking about marquises and pergents, which, if necessary, can be expanded or collapsed. They are equipped with an automatic control system..
To create islands in the country, protected from the summer heat, you can use tents, umbrellas and sails. They allow plenty to enjoy the surrounding landscape, as they are designed so as not to interfere with the review. They are also used to create a children’s playground or dining area. Such a canopy from the sun is disassembled quite simply. It can be easily moved from one place to another. With the onset of the cold season, these structures are disassembled and hidden until the next season.
Sliding canopies use a special kind of fabric. They differ in density and wear resistance, have a special coating that protects the canvas from getting wet. The brightness of color patterns is maintained even with prolonged exposure to sunlight.
Today, manufacturers offer a wide range of such protective structures. They can be selected taking into account the landscape or make an individual order. The main thing is that installing such a canopy with your own hands will not be difficult. And if you have a desire and “golden” hands, you can easily make it on your own.
We make a canopy on our own
Even people who do not have experience in construction can create such a small architectural form. It is enough to familiarize yourself with the basic principles of their structure and take into account the advice of craftsmen.
- If you want to build a canopy from a metal profile with your own hands, then this is not only simple, but also cost-effective. In this case, the material will be used not only for coating or roofing devices. After all, the supporting structure can also be made of metal pipes, the thickness and diameter of which will depend on the bearing loads. The metal profile is made of different metals – galvanized steel, copper, an alloy of zinc and titanium, aluminum.
- Well-proven material such as corrugated board. It is lightweight and easy to install. It is appreciated for environmental safety and the ability to have a wide range of colors to choose from. This roofing material is an excellent option for summer residents who want to make canopies from corrugated board with their own hands. Using metal profiles as supports, you will significantly save on the cost of construction. But if you do not pursue cheapness, then you can choose a tree as a supporting structure.
- Owners who want to build a wooden canopy with their own hands will never be disappointed. Why? Because this material can be given any shape. So you will have a truly unique extension. It will look especially unforgettable if someone from your family has mastered woodcarving. The roofing of the flooring may be wooden or made of other roofing material..
You already understood that the flooring can be built from any material and make it in different shapes. The main thing is that it harmonizes with your home and fits well into the existing landscape. We wish you success in your work!