Upholstered furniture – the best photo options. How to choose a sofa and armchairs? What other interesting items of upholstered furniture can be found in stores? About everything – in our article! Sections: – selection of upholstered furniture in different rooms, then we consider in more detail upholstered furniture for the living room, since it is there that it is used most often
Interesting options for upholstered furniture for the living room. Photo of stylish interiors using upholstered furniture.
- Upholstered furniture in the kitchen
- Upholstered furniture in the bedroom
- Upholstered furniture in the living room
Upholstered furniture is not just a functional element of your interior, it is a highlight that gives it a special charm of softness, comfort. What could be better than after being uncomfortable and tough office furniture, plunge into the bliss of relaxation and relaxation of a deep home chair under a warm cashmere blanket?
What you need to know so that the upholstered furniture of your home becomes a reliable friend, and does not bring a headache from month to month and a dubious feeling of comfort? Let’s understand.
The choice of upholstered furniture in different rooms
Upholstered furniture in the kitchen
The kitchen is a very specific space in any living room. On the one hand, it should be functional and practical, since it is the kitchen that lends itself to the greatest number of influences of various kinds:
- Temperature differences
- High humidity
- Fat and soot settling on walls and furniture
- Dirt from food
However, on the other hand, every housewife wants to create a welcoming and sweet atmosphere in the kitchen. Only in this case, evening gatherings in the kitchen will be a joy, and the process of cooking will be pleasant and comfortable..
The functionality of the kitchen can give high-quality kitchen sets, but upholstery will help with comfort.
As a rule, upholstered furniture in the kitchen interior is represented by a sofa, less often – chairs.
- To prevent the kitchen sofa from being afraid of domestic pollution in the form of spilled milk or sprinkled vegetable oil, its upholstery should be easily cleaned. The upholstery made of genuine leather or leatherette is best suited for these purposes..
- To prevent crumbs or other accidentally falling pieces of food from gathering under the sofa (as a result of which ants or cockroaches can get divorced in the kitchen), give preference to a sofa with legs or a pedestal that fits snugly to the floor.
- It is advisable that the upholstery of chairs or stools be made of the same upholstery as the sofa.
You can diversify your kitchen interior with pillows. So that they do not look ridiculous, pick up curtains in harmony with the pillowcases.
Upholstered furniture in the bedroom
Bedroom – a place to relax. It would seem that upholstered furniture would be more useful than ever. In the bedroom can be used:
The sofa is very convenient from the point of view that it can serve both as a place for afternoon gatherings, and as a sleeping place (if it unfolds). However, if the size of your bedroom allows, it is better to give preference to a full bed. Then you can choose a mattress suitable for your rigidity (and if necessary, it will be much cheaper to change than a sofa), and the bedroom will become more sacred and intimate.
On the armchair or sofa near the floor lamp in the evening you can read a book, but experts do not recommend cluttering up the space especially with them, since the main task of the bedroom is sleep and relaxation, and not gatherings. In principle, for these purposes it will be enough to limit yourself to one ottoman.
Upholstered furniture in the living room
Living room Designed to receive guests. And it is here that it is important to place as many relatives and friends as possible with maximum comfort. Therefore, as in no other room, upholstered furniture will be appropriate and relevant..
Which soft furniture choosing for a living room depends on its size. If the room is very tiny and even cabinet furniture fits in it with difficulty, it will best be limited to a couple of armchairs. But a set is considered standard:
- Two armchairs
However, you can always choose the headset for the hall at your discretion, for example, place one large corner sofa or two small instead of a sofa and armchairs.
We select a soft sofa
Despite the name – a classic sofa – this item does not have to be made in a classical style, it can very well be in a modern style, in hi-tech and in the style of shabby chic. In this case, it is understood that this is an ordinary, straight, indistinguishable sofa.
Most often these are low sofas. They can be on legs or without them.
Leg furniture visually makes furniture lighter and sleeker.
Classic sofas necessarily have a back and armrests. However, they can be implemented in different ways:
- Solid upholstered fabric
- Soft frame construction
- Soft cushions or pillows instead of backs and armrests
Armrests with wooden panels on top can be used as mini tables or coasters, which is very important for small living rooms. However, so that such armrests do not leave bruises on your legs during each landing “slightly past”, choose models with rounded smooth ends instead of strict perpendicular lines.
No less important is the color of the sofa. The color of the sofas must be selected not only in accordance with the chosen style of design of the living room, but also in accordance with the dimensions of the living room. So, for example, in a small room a dark sofa will look too bulky. Light upholstery fabrics, although they look stylish, are very impractical. Therefore, experts recommend choosing a sofa for a small living room in bright, but neutral tones. In this case, the fabric should be either in a small pattern or pattern, so that the spots are less noticeable, or very textured (such as jacquard).
Corner sofas are very interesting solutions for interior decoration, however, due to their impressive dimensions, they are suitable only for fairly spacious rooms.
Using a corner sofa, you can not only place a significant number of guests at the table (bypassing the need to purchase additional armchairs or chairs), but also use it as an original partition if necessary to zone the living room (for example, if you have studio apartment or in one room two functional spaces are combined).
If the corner sofa is large enough, then, if necessary, two people can sleep on it at once, in no way disturbing each other.
Very often, the living room simultaneously acts as a bedroom for the owners, so in the daytime you need a place to relax and receive guests, and at night – a comfortable and spacious berth. In this case, sofas with a berth can be an ideal solution..
When choosing a sofa bed, it is very important to consider the nuances of the layout:
- Around the folding sofa you need space where it will be “laid out”. If there is any furniture in front of the sofa, such as a coffee table, constantly moving it will be inconvenient for you and, in the end, it will annoy you.
- If two people sleep on the couch, then each of its inhabitants should have free access to its half of the couch. Otherwise, you will just interfere with each other during sleep, if any of you need to visit the restroom at night or just go to bed later.
There are many varieties of folding sofa bed mechanisms, the most common of which are as follows:
- Eurobook. A comfortable, but very bulky sofa, as the length of the berth matches the length of the sofa when assembled. This type of sofa is suitable for an elongated room..
- Accordion. This model of sofas involves folding the sofa according to the accordion principle. The lower part then leaves on wheels until the seat and backrest are on the same horizontal level. The undoubted advantage of such a sofa is that it can be quite narrow.
- Click Clack. An advanced eurobook that allows you to fix the back of the sofa in an intermediate (inclined state).
- Aleko. A mechanism in which the lower part of the sofa does not move out, but is laid out forward. A huge role in such a sofa model is played by the quality of the legs.
For your sofa to serve you for a long time, it should only have the highest quality fittings!
Transforming sofas – a relatively recent invention. Such sofas come in two main types:
- Modular sofas. In this case, thanks to the presence of two or more mobile modules, you can transform the sofa at your discretion.
- Full-fledged transformers. Such sofas, by simple gestures, in a few minutes completely modify their design. Especially popular are sofas, which from a simple classic sofa turn into a bunk bed.
A classic armchair is a legged armchair with a high back and armrests. As a rule, the line of upholstered furniture includes not only sofas, but also suitable chairs, so that you can create a set.
The chair should not be very deep, otherwise sitting on it will be uncomfortable. The optimum seat depth is from fifty to sixty centimeters.
Such an armchair will become not just a favorite vacation spot, but also a stylish and original element of the interior. A significant minus – seating guests in such chairs is not very convenient (especially during a feast). And a room with many rocking chairs will look, at least, strange. Designers believe that rocking chairs (as well as central accents in principle) can not be many, therefore it is allowed to place one (two – in extreme cases!) Of such interior items.
A living room with a separate sitting area exclusively for the owners, in which there would be a rocking chair, will look stylish and extraordinary. It may be a zone by the fireplace (classic version), but in a city apartment it can very well be replaced by an illuminated aquarium or a floor lamp.
The massage chair in the interior looks very exotic. Largely – because of their size and devices. In our opinion, such an armchair looks more appropriate in the bedroom than in the living room, since its main purpose is massage and relaxation (which is pretty intimate), rather than complementing the style of the interior. Best massage chair fits into modern style of room decoration.
If you have an acute problem of combining a living room and a bedroom (which is very important for one-room apartments) or if one of your friends often remains to sleep in your house, then you can use a chair bed. Such chairs are laid out on the same principle as sofas. Depending on the size, both a child and an adult can comfortably sit on a bed-chair.
|Baby chair bed||120-160 cm|
|Adult chair bed||160-210 cm|
Other interesting options for upholstered furniture
Puffs – a very multifaceted invention. The ottoman can be used:
- As a footrest for more complete relaxation
- As an extra seat
- Like a mobile sofa module
It is best to use padded stools on wheels, since then they can be moved and rearranged without much effort.
An ottoman or sofa with cushions instead of armrests is not a standard piece of furniture by today’s standards. Modern factories of upholstered furniture, as a rule, make ottomans in the following styles:
- Shabby chic
- Art Deco
An alternative to the ottoman can be a couch. In this case, the presence of a back or armrests does not matter. They may be present or absent. The important thing is that the couch is quite long, so it can be used as an extra bed.
Not sure how you would like to see your living room? You doubt whether it is worth using upholstered furniture? Then be inspired by our photos!
The price of upholstered furniture in online stores is always slightly lower than in ordinary stationary furniture stores.