Today it is almost impossible to imagine a steam room without a pool of cool water, which invigorates, refreshes and gives a powerful charge of positive energy after sultry air. Of course, financially, pleasure is not cheap, but there is always a more acceptable option to achieve what you want, for example, to equip the pool in the bathhouse yourself.
- Pools in the bath: varieties
- Stationary tanks for cooling
- Mobile collapsible bowls
- SPA pools – massage and relaxation
Pools in the bath: varieties
The first step towards the goal is to determine the type of pool. Pool fonts come in three types.
Stationary tanks for cooling
This type is recognized as the most reliable and durable. The reinforced concrete bowl, installed on the foundation of a previously dug pit, acts as the foundation. Fixed pools can be of any depth and size..
Mobile collapsible bowls
This type of bath pool is also called temporary: mobility allows you to dismantle the font at any time and move it where you need.
The base is usually made of PVC, so in terms of strength such plastic pools for a stationary bathhouse a little inferior, but the ease, speed of installation and low cost are the advantages that led to the incredible popularity of prefabricated models.
SPA pools – massage and relaxation
Feature of hydromassage pools is the compact size since they are not intended for swimming, but for relaxation, restoration of tone and relaxation. Such mini-pools for a bath are sold ready-made, which means that they do not require special installation and installation.
It is interesting!
Many spa pools are mistakenly called a jacuzzi, although the word has two meanings. The first is the name of the person who invented the hydromassage, and the second is the name of the most popular company producing such ponds.
Do-it-yourself pool for a bath
Building a pool in a steam room is not an easy task, which will require taking into account many nuances.
Where to begin?
Before embarking on the construction of the pool, one should answer many questions: where will it be located (on the street or in the steam room), who will bathe in it (adults, children or elderly people). This will help you choose the best options..
Also think about the size and shape of the bowl of the future reservoir, because these characteristics most directly affect the cost of construction. The more complex the configuration and the larger the size, the higher the cost indicator.
Please note that although the construction of a rectangular-shaped bowl can save money, because the consumption of materials is less, the rounded shapes are more attractive and perfectly harmonize with the design and the surrounding landscape.
What is a bath project?
Among other things, you will need technical documentation, which can be found on the numerous construction sites. If you do not like the existing projects, you can order a set of drawings with all the explanations and hydraulic installation diagrams online. Drawings will greatly simplify the installation and construction part of the work.
It is important!
When ordering a project online, do not be too lazy to sketch out an approximate construction plan – it will be much easier for specialists to work.
A well-designed project will allow:
- calculate the bowl of the reservoir for static and dynamic loads, which is very important when planning a wooden bath with a pool;
- to know the effect of loads on the structural components of the bath and on the ground;
- arrange and select equipment and utilities;
- correctly mount embedded elements;
- to ensure the construction of a bath with electricity pool;
- take into account all the necessary conditions for the safe and comfortable operation of the structure;
- calculate the amount of materials and determine the cost of the construction process.
A properly designed bathhouse with a pool includes a set of drawings with calculations and explanatory notes.
It should indicate the installed equipment, reagents, methods of water purification and other subtleties related to construction and operation.
In general, designing is the most crucial stage, which consists of several points:
1. Architectural reference, providing for equipping the pool with selected accessories – slides, diving board, waterfall, etc..
2. Designing the elements of the bowl (separately).
3. The statistical calculation of the supporting structures.
Construction of the pool in the bath
So, when all organizational issues are resolved and everything you need is at hand, you can begin to manufacture a monolithic bowl of concrete.
It is important!
The coefficient of water absorption of concrete should be quite high. The best option is concrete of class W-8.
Now, under the pool in the bathhouse, you need to dig a pit with a foundation and fittings that will serve as the bottom and walls. The bowl is poured with concrete.
The bowl should be poured in one go. This is extremely important, because multi-stage pouring will reduce the reliability of the pool by several times. Without waiting for the concrete to set, you need to “expel” all the air bubbles with a vibrating hammer.
Next, you need to level the surface of the bowl and leave it for a month, not forgetting to moisten it from time to time, in order to avoid cracking. To keep the plaster well, it is recommended to use special repair mortars with the addition of latex. Such plaster will not only become more elastic, but also gain additional water-repellent properties..
The next step is waterproofing. The fastest and cheapest option is PVC film flooring.
The pool for the bath is almost ready, only the final stage of construction remains – the cladding. There are a huge number of types of facing materials, but the most popular are:
1. Tile. A special porcelain tile is produced for pools, which absorbs water much less than ceramic.
When purchasing a tile, pay attention to the coefficient of water absorption. It should not be more than 3%. Ceramic tiles for pool lining – not suitable, because due to porosity, it can become a hotbed of mold and bacteria.
2. Mosaic. The best category of facing materials is glass mosaic, which is distinguished by its density, water resistance and strength. The advantage of mosaics is that the small size of the tiles allows you to create unusual compositions, putting into practice any ideas of the designer.
3. PVC film. This is the cheapest material for facing, which, incidentally, has many advantages. The film is easy to clean, resistant to natural and chemical influences.
That’s all. Now you know how to build a pool in the bathhouse and create excellent conditions for a good rest and recovery of all members of your family. Good health, good spirits and good mood!