How to install dobory on the door
When buying factory-made doors, most buyers focus on the door leaf. Choosing a beautiful door, the right color, with original decorative inserts, many are not even aware of the problems that will have to be encountered already during the installation process. The fact is that factory doors are equipped with door frames standard sizes. The width of the box is usually 8 cm, while the walls are much thicker. You can correct the situation by ordering the manufacture of a new door frame in a carpentry workshop. Master freezes doorway and make a box of the right size. Or you can expand the door frame to the desired size with the help of special expansion strips – extensions. The first way is simpler, but more expensive. After reading this article, you will learn how to install dobory on the door.
- Add-on Tips
- How to install extensions on the door, if the door frame has a special groove
In specialized stores, ready-made products are sold. How to choose the right size? – The width of the door frame should be subtracted from the width of the wall. To the result, add 1 cm to the installation and get the result – the desired width of the extension. Ideally, if the wall thickness around the entire perimeter of the doorway is the same, but often the walls are uneven. Therefore, you need to measure the thickness of the wall of the doorway at least 4 points. Dobor should be selected based on the maximum measurement.
When buying doors, you should pay attention to whether the door frame is equipped with grooves for extensions. Naturally, the extension should be in harmony in color and texture with the door frame. The thickness of the extension should correspond to the width of the groove. The extension will go into the groove, naturally merging into a single structure.
How to install extensions on the door, if the door frame has a special groove
1. First of all, you should measure the distance from the quarter selected for the extension to the edge of the wall.
2. An additional board needs to be cut into strips of the necessary size.
3. Then it is necessary to assemble the door frame, attach the extras to it.
4. Prepared door frame should be set and secured with wooden wedges.
5. The space between the box with the extension and the wall must be filled with foam. Rigid attachment of the extension is not necessary, since it does not carry a serious load, unlike the door frame, which must be secured.
6. To prevent deformation of the box by expanding foam, it is necessary to install spacers or insert strips of cardboard between the door leaf and the frame.
Then leave the door unit in this position for at least 3 hours. After the mounting foam has completely dried, you can cut off the excess and nail the platband.
The main difference between entrance doors and interior doors is that they share spaces with different temperatures and humidity. That is why the extras for the entrance doors should be chosen with great care. It is better to avoid the use of extensions from materials such as MDF and particleboard, especially if the extensions are installed outside the premises.
Installation of extensions on the door should be done efficiently and accurately, it is important that the extension does not limit the opening angle. Then the door will be both beautiful and functional.