The well is the “heart” of the site, not equipped with water supply, as it is a source of drinking water for the inhabitants of the house and the “breadwinner” for all the vegetation in the garden. However, even those who equipped their possessions with technological know-how, and even then do not mind drinking the life-giving moisture presented by Mother Earth. Of course, it is important that the water in the krinitsa is clean, transparent, tasty and safe for health. Fortunately, thanks to the current access to the database of useful information, cleaning the wells with your own hands is a task to be solved. Now you yourself will understand it..
- Examples of pollution and solutions
- Process technology and work steps
- Preparatory phase and security measures
- Self-cleaning the well: step by step
Examples of pollution and solutions
Still, a well is not a natural body of water, but the creation of human hands, so nature, of course, takes care of your structure to the best of your ability, but do not forget that first of all it is your “brainchild” and you need to “patronize” it . How often do you think about cleaning your water factory??
Often, when you feel that the taste or shade of water has worsened, its smell has become unpleasant, an unusual precipitate has appeared. Why is this happening? There can be many reasons for this. The experts include the following phenomena..
- Violation of the sealing of seams or other structural components, as a result of which particles of soil get inside, which makes the water cloudy. As a rule, such problems appear after snowmelt or as a result of a prolonged rainy season. The situation is solved simply: all openings and seams must be inspected and made impenetrable;
- An excess of sunlight, due to which the multiplication of microorganisms is activated, and the water acquires a greenish tint. In this case, cleaning may not be necessary. To get started, try making a canopy or other structure that protects from the active sun;
- Irregular operation, due to which there is an overabundance of organic substances in the water. However, such a problem can arise for every owner of the krinitsa. Cleaning, disinfection and regular use of your water source will help to rectify the situation;
- Illiterate selection of materials for the construction of krynitsa. Sometimes it’s not enough to choose the right tool for cleaning the well, because the problem can be much more serious than you might expect. There are times when the owners of the plots make fatal mistakes even at the time of construction, using unsuitable or poor-quality materials, which either serve for a short time or negatively affect the quality of the water. For example, professionals do not recommend using materials of organic origin for the construction of wells. Such a mistake is fraught with the penetration of nitrogen compounds into the structure, due to which the water acquires an unnaturally sweet taste. In some cases, you will have to not only clean, but also change the components of the structure, and even rebuild;
- Now is the time. Yes, cleaning and repairing wells is the same necessary measure as, for example, washing clothes or cleaning a house. Some owners of the structures claim that they clean their source twice a year, others say that it is enough to clean after the well is formed, and then perform this operation once every several years. Who is right? Oddly enough, all opinions have the right to life, since a lot depends on what materials the construction consists of, what filter is installed, how the work is done competently, and many other factors. Therefore, be guided by the circumstances, because branches, dust, leaves, and even animals often fall into the well. Moss or mold may build up on the walls of the structure. Carefully monitor your water source and clean as it becomes contaminated and changes in the quality of life-giving moisture.
Process technology and work steps
Cleaning a well is a laborious and difficult operation, however, once you have done such work, you can already develop your own cleaning technology, and the second time the process will take less time and effort. To get started, you can focus on this order of work:
- Purchase of necessary tools and tools.
- Organization of free access to the mine.
- Visual inspection.
- Pumping water.
- Flushing mud and mucus from the walls of the structure.
- Mold and moss removal.
- Cleaning the bottom of debris and foreign objects.
- Sludge removal.
- Flushing or replacing the bottom filter by laying new drainage consisting of river fine pebbles, schungite and quartz sand.
- Repair of welds and other structural components (sealing holes and slots with liquid glass and / or cement mixture), if necessary, installing steel brackets to protect the rings from displacement.
- Reconstruction or construction from scratch of the external part of the structure (house, canopy).
This is important to know! If the mine is very deep, and you suffer from heart disease, then going downhill is risky, since there may be a lack of oxygen at the depths. Entrust this unit of work to someone from the household or to a professional employed through a specialized company.
Preparatory phase and security measures
First you need to make sure that the farm has all the tools and tools you need to carry out the work. If necessary, procure materials. Focus on the following list:
- ladder (ordinary or rope – depending on the structure of the mine);
- device for descent, as well as blocking;
- holding slings;
- safety belt;
- strong rope and boards to make a “swing”, which may be needed if the length of the stairs is not enough;
- devices for cleaning walls (large sponge, soft brush for metal);
- hard hat and construction boots;
- mixtures and means for necessary work.
What security measures should be taken before starting an operation?
- Find two companions (they can do nothing, but just be near the well). Such a safety net is needed in case of emergency lifting working from the mine – one person can’t do it quickly..
- Equip properly. Put on waterproof, comfortable clothes, marsh boots, and protect your head with a construction helmet.
- Discuss the work plan with partners, make sure everyone knows their functions.
- Tie a safety cable to the belt.
- Make sure there are no harmful gases in the shaft. To do this, take a candle, go down to the bottom and light the wick. If the fire burns, then everything is in order.
- Do not stand at the bottom of an uncleaned well for too long as feet may begin to suck..
Self-cleaning the well: step by step
When all the materials are purchased, helpers are found, you are equipped, it is time to get down to business. Start by organizing free access to the mine, it is possible that a house or a canopy for a well will have to be dismantled for a while. This is followed by such a step as cleaning the well with a pump. Just before that, you need to remove debris from the surface of the water so that the unit hose does not become clogged. However, now there are new-fangled devices that are not “afraid” of garbage. In general, it does not really matter which model of pump you will use, but experts advise buying or renting a device with a float. Such a model switches itself off as soon as the water in the mine runs out. Therefore, your unit does not run the risk of being burned while idling.
When water is pumped out, you can proceed to cleaning the walls. All unnecessary should be removed from them, namely: dirt, mucus, moss, mold, other formations. It is impossible to use chemical mixtures or detergents customary in the household for these purposes. Sponges, brushes and other cleaning tools are at your disposal. The next stage is cleaning the bottom or, as is often said, the bottom filter – shungite, zeolite, gravel, pebbles, gravel, quartz sand, or a mixture thereof. Either rinse the old composition, or remove everything and make a new filter. The layer thickness is recommended from 10 cm. If the bottom has a viscous or movable structure, then the filter cushion can occupy 50 cm of the shaft.
Next, you need to carefully examine the walls of the well. If the seams or other joints are deformed, the holes should be sealed with liquid glass with cement. Disinfection completes work in the mine. For this, the walls and bottom are treated with a solution of bleach (10%). The well is covered with a lid and tarpaulin and is in this condition for two days. At the end of the operation, water should be pumped out twice. And the final touch – installation or construction of a new house for the krinitsa.
If you clean and repair the well regularly and in good faith, then for many years it will “treat” you with useful and tasty water..