If you have a garden, you are lucky, because living in the arms of nature is interesting, pleasant and informative. Take care of the green “settlers”, admire the awakening of vegetation after the winter “hibernation”, enjoy flowering, collect a generous harvest, craft garden figures with your own hands, and just – relax in the shade, under the rustle of leaves and birdsong – all this makes a person closer to nature, happier, healthier. Want to check it out? Buy a piece of land with a garden and try to “make friends” with it.
- Garden Figures – Secrets of Mastery
- Bottle jewelry – cheap and cheerful
- Foam – easy
- Wood is a natural raw material for decorating a site
Well-chosen figures can turn your garden into a fairy tale, zoo or village:
Garden Figures – Secrets of Mastery
The extravaganza of the goods offered by shops to decorate the garden complicates the choice, as the eyes scatter from a great variety of original sculptures and shapes. It’s so difficult to choose one thing, because you like a lot, because for us such products are still out of the ordinary. Have you decided to make garden figures for a summer residence yourself, guided by master classes on the Web? But here you will find a whole kaleidoscope of options, because modern landowners are creative individuals who love to share their achievements. So how to choose the style and forms for garden figures? After all, I want to intelligently invest money and time, to transform ownership for the better.
So, you are waiting for the purchase or manufacture of garden figures. What principles when choosing such jewelry recommend experienced by experienced landscape designers?
- Compliance with the general style. Unfortunately, not all newly minted gardeners take this into account. Many simply buy or make jewelry based on their own tastes and imagination. Of course, this is commendable, but your masterpieces, regardless of their beauty, may not “fit” into the style, and as a result disfigure the overall natural “picture”. Imagine you decorate the Japanese garden with a statue of Venus, a bun and palm trees. What will it be? More like a “room of laughter” than a harmonious garden, right ?! Choose forms and images in unison with the main focus of the design. For example, a romantic garden will be wonderfully decorated with plaster garden figures in the form of cupids, pigeons and flowers. The country style will be brighter than the German polystone garden figures in the form of gnomes. Wooden garden figures perfectly fit into the rural landscape. High-tech style is emphasized by characteristic metal garden figures.
- Moderation. Some landowners, carried away by the idea, turn the territory into a museum. Do not forget that you decorate nature, and do not arrange a “showroom”.
- “Hit” with dimensions. If the trees are huge and mature, then, you see, tiny figures will simply be lost among such “giants”, just as, on the contrary, massive statues in a young garden will look out of place.
- The correct composition. Sometimes the “neighbors” are unsuitable for each other in the subject, shape and color of the decoration. Stick to one line.
Sketch a layout plan. You can even arrange a “fitting”. To do this, you need to cut out the contours of future creations and place them in those places where you plan to “settle” new “residents”. Such a “rehearsal” will help you decide on the choice of shapes, sizes, shades and themes.
Bottle jewelry – cheap and cheerful
If the budget for the transformation of the territory is scarce or your land is in temporary use and it makes no sense to invest, the best solution is to make garden figures from plastic bottles, the benefit of such free “raw materials” is now abundant.
Let’s look at how to make a wonderful flamingo bird out of plastic bottles, which will become an excellent decoration of the territory in almost any garden.
- 3-4 large bottles;
- 3 metal rods,
- paint and brush.
Step 1 – the body. Take one of the large containers, make a hole in the lid, insert it into the hole and fix the metal rod – this is the future neck. On the other end, also make holes for the legs.
Step 2 – plumage. The remaining bottles must be covered with pink paint. Why not at the end? You will not be able to paint each feather so carefully, so it is recommended to make plumage from ready-made material. Just cut the feathers, make cuts in the “body” and fasten every detail.
Step 3 – head and neck. Put a hose on the rod. Cut the head out of the bottle. Beak and other components of the head are made either of wood or plastic, you can put in plaster or cement to give the details the desired shape..
Step 4 – legs. The remaining rods are the legs. Insert them into the previously made holes and carefully fix.
Step 5 – “tuning”. Color and decorate your creation as your fantasy suggests..
Worth paying attention to! Please note that the height of the average flamingo is 1.5 meters. Do not make the figure huge, because it is not a dinosaur.
Foam – easy
Fans of decorating the site with their own hands argue that garden figures made of polyurethane foam are the first step on the way from amateur experiments with plastic raw materials to the level of real mastery in the field of garden design.
So, let’s start with a simple example. How to make a colorful bun with the help of mounting foam?
- an old ball or any object in the shape of a ball (not very heavy);
- polyurethane foam;
- sharp knife;
- a pair of wooden blocks;
- tube or hose;
- 2 balls for table tennis;
- paint (yellow, red, black, color – for scarves);
1. The ball should be covered with foam. The number of layers is at your discretion. The main thing is to dry each of them carefully.
2. Pass the wire along the sides, bend, giving the shape of the hands. Put on the pieces of hose, also cover everything with foam.
3. On the head, make a “scarf” of foam. For “ties” or “bow” should take cardboard forms.
4. Using a knife, trim the shape of the bun, cut out the mouth and eye sockets.
5. For legs, it is necessary to attach cardboard (feet) to the bars and also cover the structures with foam.
6. As eyes, you can use old tennis balls that need to be painted black.
7. The finishing touch is paints. It is advisable to traditionally cover the gingerbread man himself with yellow paint, make a red mouth and blush. Paint the kerchief and shoes in other juicy shades.
The fairy bun is ready! It remains to put him on a stump and “settle” in the garden.
Wood is a natural raw material for decorating a site
Fans of ecological garden “decorations” should take “into service” the most simple and affordable material – wood. Such raw materials include logs and hemp, as well as branches, driftwood and other natural waste found on your site or in the forest..
From chocks you can make anything, from amusing little men to fairy-tale heroes. It is enough to take a couple of pieces of wood, fasten them together, having shown imagination, to paint with bright shades, and your garden will come to life. You can arrange a “zoo” at home or animate a scene from your favorite cartoon.
A tree is, in a sense, “plasticine”, from which you can “fashion” everything you want. The main thing is to stock up with a set of tools, paints and give free rein to imagination.
Only 1 log, whetstone, plastic bottle and a little paint – and in your garden there will be a new “resident” with a cute pig
Consider a simple example of making a giraffe from unnecessary driftwood. Your crumbs will be insanely happy with such a “guest”. By the way, take care of this creative project for the whole family, see how fun it is, and spend time outdoors with benefit.
To make a giraffe, you will need:
- curved snag;
- empty canister;
- plastic bottle;
- oil paint and brush;
- a pair of bars;
- cement mortar;
- set of tools.
Experienced gardeners recommend making a “foundation” for the sustainability of the giraffe. For this, it is necessary to dig a hole and cement in it the future “legs” of the animal. The head can be made from an unnecessary canister. If the container with a handle, then it should be cut off. Make two holes on the top and insert the bars or pieces of a thick branch – these are the ears.
A hole must be made at the bottom of the canister in order to put the head on the body. Then cover the masterpiece with oil paint. Draw eyes and whatever you want.
The miraculous giraffe is ready – to the delight of your little ones. You can tie a bright scarf on the animal’s neck, which will flutter in the wind, amusing everyone who sees a fashionable wooden “beast”.
Tinkering with your own hands to decorate the garden is fun and entertaining. Join now!