Making decorative coffee tree with your own hands
The interior of a residential, office or even suburban space can diversify and advantageously complement the original small decorated trees. A wide selection is presented in specialized stores, however, it is quite possible to save money with a little effort and imagination. Let’s see how you can make a coffee tree with your own hands..
The creative process does not require large material costs, but you will have to show perseverance, patience, concentration and, of course, creativity.
- Preparation for creativity.
- Create a coffee tree step by step..
- How to make a tree unique.
Preparation for creativity
The following materials will be required for work:
- Whole bean coffee. It is not necessary to choose the most expensive varieties, because it will not be used for consumption. The main criterion for choosing grains is a beautiful, regular shape.
- Lightweight foam ball. It can be purchased at stores specializing in the sale of decorative elements. Alternatively, you can pre-make papier-mâché. The ball should be large enough.
- A smaller ball. This may be the ball used to play table tennis..
To work, you need good glue, coffee grains, a tree branch, twine and some little things.
- An interesting form of a tree branch, twine. Even winding branches are suitable for use, the main thing is that they are smooth. Twine can be anything: color and thickness do not matter.
- Brown Acrylic Gouache.
- A flower pot. It can be new, with original patterns, decoupage, sculpting or old, nondescript, it can easily be decorated with twine or other material, for example, dried flowers, large beads, rhinestones.
- Glue. To fix grains and other decorative elements, it is better to select glue that glues instantly. As a last resort, it can be ordinary PVA.
- Pebbles, polystyrene, grains. This material is placed in a pot so that the coffee tree is more stable.
- Decorations: ribbons, snails, ladybugs, dried flowers or any other elements.
Create a coffee tree step by step.
We will clearly understand how to make a coffee tree and get to work.
- The selected branch of the tree must be wrapped with twine, pre-coating the thread with PVA glue.
- The twine on the branch should dry well. At this time, you can begin to prepare the balls. If there are no foam balls, you need to take a tennis ball and make a hole in it. A hot iron rod, knitting needle or awl is used for this purpose..
- Now it’s the turn of coloring the ball. In order not to stain your hands with paint, you need to use a sponge and a clothespin (the sponge is clamped with a clothespin, as a result, you can freely work with the paint, holding on only to the edges of the invented device). In order to prevent the ball from turning in the hands, it needs to be “put” on a pencil.
- The staining process itself.
- Once the branch and ball have dried well, they can be glued together (it is advisable to use glue with a high degree of setting).
- Coffee beans are carefully lubricated with glue and carefully attached to the ball. The work can take a lot of time, since the grains must be located very tightly to each other.
- The second ball is also decorated.
- Once the grains are well fixed on the balls, the tree can be put in a pot. The container is pre-decorated with twine or any other materials..
- In order that the branch does not slope and does not fall, pebbles need to be laid out at the bottom of the pot. The layer of stones on top is sealed with foam. The top of the layers is smeared with glue and filled with fine grain or colored chips, cereals. Thanks to glue, such a natural decoration is easily fixed in a pot and will not get enough sleep.
- Decoration of a tree trunk. Colorful ribbons tied in delicate bows can give a special originality. For this stage of work, it is advisable to choose contrasting colors. It can be brown and beige ribbons or ribbons of the color of juicy grass and a young salad. Bows are carefully tied. It is desirable to place them in several tiers along the trunk of the tree. This decision will make the product unique.
- Ladybugs are placed in a random order on a tree. It’s advisable to attach large figures to a large ball, and smaller figures to a barrel or a pot.
- At the base of the tree, a snail is fixed, dried flowers are placed. We can assume that the decorative coffee tree is ready.
How to make a tree unique
The main steps in creating such a decor element are similar. However, there may be options that make the topiary coffee tree a small masterpiece..
For example, a flower pot can be decorated using decoupage technique, choosing coffee theme as the main motive. Paper, napkins that will be used for gluing on the surface of the container should be with elements symbolizing coffee (the image of scattered coffee beans, cups with curly smoke, coffee sets, coffee grinders …).
The pot in the form of a coffee cup or a bag of grains will also look original. You can search for this option on sale, but it’s easier to do it yourself: you should “put” the container on burlap, tie it with ribbon or woven braid, and sprinkle some coffee beans in the trunk area.
For a more solid fixation of the tree in the pot, you can use a special building plaster, alabaster, which after breeding is simply poured into a container (after a certain time, the solution solidifies well and firmly fixes coffee topiary in a selected container).
The topiary base can be laid out with thin straw, sisal threads, dry grass, seeds of various shapes and colors. There are so many options.
As for the ball, instead of tennis balls, you can also use small children’s balls with a smooth surface, compressed foil, balls of thread.
The process of fixing coffee beans can also be improved. Very well established a special gun, which is pre-seasoned with glue. It is intended just for such delicate works in the style of hand-made.
At the final stage, in the process of final decoration, butterflies, dragonflies, artificial flowers made from colorful ribbons, original floral applications can be attached to the “crown” of the tree.
Interesting solutions can be obtained by experimenting with color and style..
Creating a coffee tree is a great opportunity to unleash your imagination. Go for it!