How to choose a minisink
The car wash is traditionally considered an indispensable accessory designed for those who are used to watching the tidiness of their four-wheeled friend on their own. However, the possibilities of using this useful device in everyday life are much wider. Especially if you live in a private cottage or spend a lot of time in the country. The main criteria for choosing a car wash, their types and operating rules can be found in this special guide. And for lovers of technical home-made products – an additional bonus: a detailed step-by-step instruction for making a mini-wash with your own hands at home. Interesting? Then read on.
- Minisink for a car and not only – the first acquaintance
- What you need to know about high pressure minisinks
- Types of modern washing machines
- Household minimoyki – small devices with great capabilities
- How to choose the right minimuika – 10 useful tips from our experts
- Do-it-yourself minisink
Minisink for a car and not only – the first acquaintance
They are called differently: “household mini-washers”, “high pressure washers” or simply “AVD”, but the essence remains the same – these are devices for washing contaminated surfaces using water supplied under the required pressure.
The usefulness of minimally cleaners includes not only car cleaning. With the help of this universal apparatus, such difficult homework tasks are easily solved:
- washing of external and internal walls;
- washing metal, concrete and wooden fences;
- general cleaning of a personal plot (yard, garden paths, etc.);
- cleaning of garden fireplaces and barbecue;
- carpet washing.
And if until recently this device, useful in the household, was a very expensive pleasure, now a decent high-pressure mini-wash can be purchased cheaper than the average hand of a smartphone. And this, you must agree, cannot but rejoice. So what should you pay attention first of all when choosing a device and during its operation?
Technical educational program: The principle of operation of a portable car wash is simple as 2×2. The main working function is performed by the pump. It is he who creates the necessary water pressure. The pump is powered by the small size of the engine (electric or gasoline). Water under pressure flows through a hose to a nozzle with a diameter of about 1 mm. High water pressure in combination with a small nozzle diameter give, in the end, the same strong head that easily dealt even with the most corrosive mud.
What you need to know about high pressure minisinks
Buying a quality mini-wash is a matter of several minutes. There would be money. But it’s worth going to any specialized store (“live” or on-line), and from the abundance of models and brands eyes run up. Therefore, before going shopping, we recommend that you decide in advance what features you want to see in the list of advantages of a future acquisition. Ultimately, this will save you a lot of time and money. Start from the beginning.
Types of modern washing machines
All car minisinks can be divided into two main groups – professional and household AVD.
Professional mini-wash is a specialized complex, with high reliability, powerful performance and a very solid price. In fact, the definition of “mini” for such air traffic control is only partially true. Of course, they are much more compact than stationary “autobahn”. But still this is a fairly large unit weighing under a centner or more, at best, mounted on wheels. Performance characteristics of professional mini-AVD to match their size:
- productivity – more than 600 liters / hour;
- pressure – from 200 bar (approximately 190 technical atmospheres) and more;
- power supply from a 3-phase power supply network;
- built-in water heating system;
- the presence of a steam generator;
- large detergent tank etc.
Professional devices are designed for long loading and long working hours. They are equipped with powerful motors and pumps. Their working water pressure is much higher than that of household washing machines, which allows you to quickly put in order even the most oily SUV, plenty of frolics in the spring thaw. The number of functions of such a device impresses even the most capricious customers. However, today it will not be about them. Too specific product. And, besides, very expensive. Today our “heroes of the day” are household minimoins.
Technical educational program with an economic emphasis (continued): The total service life of the entire minimo depends on the technical characteristics of the pump. They also determine how long the device can work without stopping during one “wash”. For example, the resource of low-cost models is on average 100 hours. At the same time, the cycle of continuous washing operation is from 15 to 20 minutes. After that, the device should cool. More upscale models boast a 1000-hour resource and a continuous cycle of 40-60 minutes. As a rule, such pumps are equipped with a metal pump, and their weaker counterparts – with a plastic one..
Household minimoyki – small devices with great capabilities
Household high pressure washers can easily cope with such tasks:
- clean the clogged sewer;
- ensure the perfect clean condition of your tools in the garden and garage;
- clean the area of garbage (including construction);
- keep in order garden paths near the house;
- clean walls, facades, fences, etc..
- the most important thing is to wash the car both inside and outside.
All household mini-washes can also be divided into several subgroups. Firstly, by water temperature. Further, by type of power supply. And finally, by power class.
Let’s consider each group separately.
According to the type of water supply, minisinks are divided into devices with heating and without.
Of course, consumer minisinks with heating are much more functional. The main and only advantage of devices without heating is the low price.
A little trick: a mini-wash with water intake from a domestic water supply can do without heating. Warm water can be taken directly from the “hot” tap.
According to the type of power supply, domestic AEDs are divided into devices with gasoline and electric engines..
Gasoline-driven household mini-washing machines belong to the premium segment. These are powerful devices with characteristics close to those of professional devices. A good example of such a technique, we consider minimoyki from Graco and Nilfick. Prices for such equipment range from $ 600-5000.
Electric washing machines can safely claim the title of “people”. They are champions among their own kind in terms of price-quality ratio. And with proper use, they can serve you for many years..
By power, domestic air traffic control units are divided into three categories:
Compact class devices are inexpensive and lightweight devices designed to solve simple tasks for car care. As a rule, they are distinguished by a modest engine power (1.3-1.5 kW), a “modest” indicator of maximum pressure (up to 120 bar) and a productivity of 260-400 liters per hour. A good example of this technique is the devices of the German brand Karcher (Körcher) of the K2 and K3 series. Disadvantages – short high-pressure hoses (standard – 3 meters) and a trimmed set of nozzles.
Consumer car washes of the middle class can easily cope with basic household tasks. They are characterized by increased power (up to 150 bar) and productivity (from 400 l / h). As the engine in these devices use motors from 2 kW. But the main feature of these devices is the presence of a metal pump in the pump and an engine cooling system. The equipment of these AEDs is much richer than that of previous models (high-pressure hoses up to 10 meters, water filters, pressure control system, special containers for shampoos, multi-purpose nozzles, etc.). case in point – Karcher K4 and K5 series.
Devices of the highest class are AVD, which are approaching the characteristics of professional technology. Working pressure – up to 180 bar. Productivity – up to 600 l / h. Uptime – up to 1 hour or more. Add to this a solid set of nozzles and maximum ease of use. In a word, the highest level. This class includes Korcher K6 series models and almost the entire range of Kranzle washing machines.
This is interesting: The cigarette lighter washdown is another type of washing device that is gaining in popularity. Of course, these devices cannot boast of special power (maximum pressure 11-15 bar). However, calling them a toy would be unfair. Such a mini-wash can work from 12V. Another definite plus is the small size of the device. This allows you to constantly carry it in the trunk of a car.
Of course, such a wash is not comparable to a conventional household air-conditioning system. But, on the other hand, it is great for travelers and people who are not able to regularly attend car washes. With compact dirt, this compact device copes with dignity. The result – the appearance of the car is pleasing to the eye, and the body looks without streaks and minor scratches.
How to choose the right minimuika – 10 useful tips from our experts
When choosing a minisink, it is very important to pay attention to the following parameters:
- Washing performance is what directly affects the force of the water jet. In fact, it is an indicator of the amount of water that is consumed per unit of time (per minute or hour). At the moment, the average characteristic for household AEDs is from 6 to 12 l / min.
- The maximum pressure – in household minimoins, on average, ranges from 70 – 150 bar. This is enough for a good cleaning of the car body.
- Electric pump pump – must be of high quality and durable material.
The plastic pump is short-lived. A metal pump (most often silumin or brass) will last much longer. Moreover, we must take into account the fact that plastic pumps are often non-separable. In the event of a breakdown, such pumps have to be completely changed, and this is up to 70% of the price of a new car wash. Another important detail – for a plastic pump, hot water is simply contraindicated.
- Water heating – this function will cost you an additional 2-2.5 thousand rubles, but it’s worth it. Firstly, you are not tied to home water supply. And, secondly, cold water mercilessly destroys the lacquer coating of the body in winter;
- Total Stop system – saves water and extends equipment life. Recall that no wash should work without a break for more than 20 minutes. This is what this function monitors.
- The washing filter cleans water from various impurities. It is better to use the most practical reusable filters, without replaceable cartridges and easily washable;
- Nozzles and accessories are useful devices that expand and complement the capabilities of portable car washes. Each device from the start is equipped with a basic set of nozzles. But there are optional kits. These include: inkjet tubes, drums for winding high pressure hoses (HPA), foam sprayers, guns with pressure adjustment function, etc. You decide whether to take them or not. Maybe, instead of buying an expensive set of “special stages”, you should look at the sinks of a higher degree of equipment.
- The possibility of using special shampoos. On some models, detergent can be added directly to the water tank. In others, a separate tank is provided for this. Advanced models are equipped with a foaming agent. It is attached to the tank and filled with car shampoo. When choosing, you should take into account the fact that some models can only work with a certain brand of car chemistry.
- Hose length is undoubtedly a very important parameter. The longer the working hose, the more convenient: you do not need to constantly move the AED behind you around the car. The optimal hose length is 5-7 m. Top models are equipped with 10-12 meter hoses.
- The water temperature at the inlet is an important criterion for washing basins without the function of heating the water, and in fact such devices are most in the household class. Low-cost minisinks are designed to work with water up to + 40 ° C. Otherwise, the motor and pump will overheat very quickly during operation. More expensive models, with engine cooling, work hotter with water (60-80 ° C) without problems. This significantly increases the quality of washing..
Marginal notes: repair of washing machines is best done in specialized workshops. The warranty period for many household models is from 12 to 24 months. But, if you decide to repair the device yourself, then use only original spare parts. This will save your device from further trouble..
In conclusion, the promised bonus. A homemade mini-wash from a 12-volt cigarette lighter is quite simple. There are many manufacturing options, but in most cases the following components are used:
- Old gasoline pump;
- cord and plug for cigarette lighter;
- the hose is either reinforced or rubber (for example, for watering plants);
- switch from any lamp, floor lamp, etc .;
- standard 20 liter canister;
- clamps in order to secure the hose (moreover, it is convenient to fasten them together);
- brush with water control tap.
That, in fact, is all. We hope you find these recommendations useful..