150 photo tiles for the bathroom. Choose the type of tile and color palette for any bathroom. Help in decorating the bathroom with your own hands.
The bathroom is an intimate space. Therefore, its design must fully embody simplicity, sophistication, but most importantly – comfort. Finishing a bathroom with tiles is far from a new invention, but it allows you to realize the most daring and most modern solutions without compromising on amenities. The photo below is the best confirmation.
- 1.Advantages of choosing tiles for wall and floor tiles in the bathroom
- 2.Determined with the material
- 2.1.Ceramic tile
- 2.2.Porcelain Tiles
- 2.3.Stone tiles
- 2.4.Glass tile
- 3.Tile Size – Matter
- 3.1.Standard tile
- 3.2.Large tiles
- 4.The choice of tiles depending on the type of house
- 4.1.For Khrushchev
- 4.2.For prefabricated house
- 4.3.For a private home
- five.The nuances of finishing a bathroom with a small area
- 6.Choose color
- 7.Do-it-yourself bathroom finish
Advantages of choosing tiles for wall and floor tiles in the bathroom
The bathroom requires special care during repairs. Unlike other rooms in the living room (including the kitchen), bathroom interior It should be not only beautiful, interesting, stylish, but also resistant to various kinds of influences:
- High humidity
- High temperatures
- Abrasive and cleaning products
All this is important because of the specific microclimate of the bathroom there is a high probability of the multiplication of bacteria and fungi, which are extremely harmful to human health (especially young children, who all strive to taste it!). To avoid this, on the one hand, it is necessary to minimize this probability, and on the other hand, to ensure that the design does not deteriorate during cleaning and retains a presentable appearance.
Based on this, the materials that you plan to use to create an interior in the bathroom should have:
- Resistant to moisture and temperature extremes
- Hygiene and environmental safety
- Easy to clean
Modern manufacturers of finishing materials provide a wide range of various materials for decorating walls. It can be moisture-proof cullet, and plastic panels, and drywall, and decorative plaster. However, the most popular and popular material for decorating the walls of the bathroom for more than a decade is tile.
1. Price. Huge production volumes allow you to find the perfect combination of price and quality for absolutely everyone. Even with a limited budget, you can find what you need.
2. The tile does not cause allergic reactions, not toxic. Thanks to the mandatory firing procedure, all potential allergens and toxins are destroyed, therefore, even with prolonged contact, there are no and cannot be any unforeseen reactions of the body. This is especially important for young parents, because children’s immunity is particularly sensitive.
3. Tile is a completely environmentally friendly material, so the environment is not polluted during its production.
4. In the manufacture of tiles under the influence of high temperatures, all harmful microflora is destroyed. Therefore, the probability of multiplication of fungi and bacteria in the bathroom with lined tiles is lower than when using other materials.
Fungi and bacteria can appear at the joints of tiles, since the walls of the houses themselves are not processed. To reduce the risk of mildew dilution on the walls of the bathtub to zero, use special antifungal compounds when laying tiles.
5. Tiles are not afraid of water and moisture. Therefore, it will not lose its appearance and, with proper sealing of joints, will protect your neighbors from flooding.
6. The surface of the tile is very easy to clean, it is not afraid of the effects of cleaning products. Thanks to special coatings, dirt and grease are easily removed from the tiles, and besides it does not accumulate dust (such as carpet or vinyl wallpapers). For the same reason, it is often recommended to use tile for the kitchen.
7. With high-quality manufacturing and proper installation, tiles will last for more than a decade. Rather, you will have to change it due to the fact that you are tired of the design of the bathroom, rather than because the finish with tiles has become unusable.
8. The durability of the tiles for the floor (as well as for other surfaces) protects its appearance from damage during furniture relocation, scratches from heels and other mechanical defects.
9. The high strength of the ceramic tile allows it to withstand high pressure and weight (for example, a cast-iron bathtub).
10. The use of tiles improves fire safety. This is due to the fact that it is not combustible and prevents the spread of fire. Kitchen apron tiles are used for many of these reasons..
If suddenly a fire breaks out in your apartment and there is no way to get out of it – a bathtub with a cladding of tiled walls will be the safest place before the firefighters arrive. Tiles will protect the room from the spread of fire in it, and a cold shower – you, from overheating and caustic smoke.
11. Modern tiles can be a real work of art. 3D tiles, forming whole panels and paintings throughout the wall, will become a real decoration of your home.
Determined with the material
|Ceramics||from 4 $ / m²|
|Porcelain Tiles||from 5 $ / m²|
|A rock||from 3 $ / m²|
|Glass||from 8 $ / m²|
Ceramic tile is the most budgetary and most common type of tile for the bathroom. Prices for it are relatively low. Such tiles are made of clay with the addition of sand and / or minerals. Such tiles are covered with glaze, which creates a variety of textures, colors and even ornaments. Most often, the following types of ceramic tiles are distinguished:
In the catalogs of many stores (for example, Leroy Merlin) there are many photos of not only the tile itself, but also its use in interiors.
It is not necessary to use only one type of tile to create a bathroom design. Combinations of two or three types of ceramic tiles look great.
A tile similar in composition to porcelain but resembling stone is called porcelain tile. A distinctive feature of such a tile is its practical zero water absorption. Thanks to this tile, no frost is practically terrible (and, in principle, temperature differences), therefore it is very often used for facing external walls. Ceramic granite has a very similar texture to natural stone, but is less susceptible to mechanical damage and cracking. Due to its strength, such material is recommended for decorating floors..
Tiles made of natural stone – amazing environmentally friendly material. Today, due to modern production technologies, its price is strikingly lower in comparison with previous years. Thanks to its texture, designers are able to create stunningly stylish solutions in the interior. However, since stone tiles lend themselves to less processing than tile or porcelain tiles, the risk of bacteria multiplying on it is slightly higher. In addition, the stone only partially withstands mechanical damage and can become microcracked..
Glass tiles in the design of the bathroom – ideal for creating a futuristic style of the room. It can be used both for decorating walls and for decorating the floor. Glass can be transparent, translucent, colored; matte and glossy, smooth and textured.
Thanks to the use of glass tiles, you can make stylish partitions in the bathroom or mask additional fixtures.
Do not use transparent glass tiles to mask pipes, meters, valves, etc..
Tile Size – Matter
Despite the huge variety of shades in the grout palette for the joints between the tiles, making them completely invisible, unfortunately, will not work. Therefore, the size of the tiles will be of great importance for the visual perception of your bathroom..
Standard tile – 20 by 30 centimeters. It fits best in medium and large bathrooms, as the frequency of the seams will not be distracting or annoying. Depending on the tile laying direction (vertical or horizontal), you can visually expand the room or raise the ceilings.
A tile is considered large if its dimensions exceed the value of 25 by 40 centimeters. As a rule, such tiles are used to decorate the floor, much less often – to decorate the walls. In the second case, it is better to use such tiles to create the interior of spacious bathrooms or decorate its individual elements in combination with smaller tiles.
The size of the tile is better to choose so that it had to be cut as little as possible.
A small tile or mosaic has one huge and undoubted advantage – they allow you to adjust even the most uneven walls. However, this tile is very insidious – it can visually hide the space of an already small bathroom. Therefore, it is better to combine the mosaic with medium-sized tiles..
The choice of tiles depending on the type of house
For a small apartment
Most often in small apartments there is a combined bathroom (the bathroom is combined with a toilet), so the space is very limited and cramped – about 3 square meters. Because of this, in small apartments it is better to give preference to light tiles of medium size, without large patterns. Visually increase the height the ceilings in such a bath a combination of two colors of tiles – light at the top of the walls and dark at the bottom.
For prefabricated house
In a panel house, the bath and toilet can be combined, but usually not. Toilet Tile may be the same as the bathroom, and may be in contrasting shades. It’s a matter of taste. But the size is better to choose and the same there and there, so that the premises are in harmony with each other.
For a private home
A private house, built according to an individual plan, suggests that you yourself determine the size of future premises. Therefore, the bathroom here can be made spacious and bright. This will allow you to use even large tiles for decorating walls without compromising the visual perception of space. For the floor, it is better to use porcelain stoneware, since temperature differences can occur not only indoors, but also outside.
The nuances of finishing a bathroom with a small area
1. For wall decoration small bath optimal is considered medium-sized tiles. It does not seem bulky and does not ruffle with a huge number of joints as in the case of using a small tile. You can use mosaic, but only as a separate element.
The bathroom should be warm and comfortable, so cold shades will make the bathroom uncomfortable
2. For a small area, it is better to use light tiles in warm colors. Dark colors will make the already small bathroom tiny. For decoration, choose small elements with drawings to create accents. Bulky and large images on several tiles will focus on yourself.
3. It is better to lay the tiles on the walls vertically in order to visually raise the ceilings. But on the contrary, it is worth using diagonal laying.
4. The relief tile will clutter up the space, so in a small bathroom a smooth glazed tile would be more appropriate. On a matte tile, limescale from water is less noticeable, however, due to the absence of glare, the space will be hidden.
For a stunning effect of visual expansion of space in a small bathroom, use a special mirror tile.
5. It is better to refuse to create niches with tiles in a small bathroom.
When choosing a color for bathroom tiles, consider the quality of lighting. The less light, the brighter the color of the walls..
White color – looks stylish. However, white tiles can cause associations with the hospital room, which makes the room seem cold and uncomfortable. In addition, any dirt is visible on white surfaces and so that the bathroom does not lose its appearance, it will have to be cleaned very often. On the other hand, properly selected bathroom furniture and a few bright accents will make your bathroom in white an example of taste and sophistication.
Blue and cyan are the colors of water. Therefore, in the design of bathrooms are used quite often. Using these colors, the bathroom can be made thematic, for this you need to add only a few marine motifs: shells, fish or boats. Manufacturers take this into account and in each new collection you can find new items on the marine theme. If the bathroom is small – there will be enough borders with the image of sinks or sailboats so that your bathtub takes on the charm of the coast.
An alternative to blue shades is green. This is the color of calm and measured, it is not annoying, even rather the opposite – it gives spiritual harmony. And if you want a little mischief – hang a curtain with frogs in the bathroom! And the color will be sustained, and a cheerful accent will appear.
Tiles are often decorated with floral motifs. As part of the purple palette, it can be violets or lavender. The combination of purple tiles with pistachio or peach accents will look good.
The warmest bathroom in the world is yellow. It is the color of the sun and summer. Even in the cold winter, you will not freeze in the yellow bathroom! Along with yellow the same result can be used orange.
The pink bathroom is sure to appeal to young girls. But a red or black bathroom will be appreciated by confident men.
Do-it-yourself bathroom finish
Prices for the services of professionals in laying tiles are quite high. But with a great desire, you can cope on your own. Here’s what you need to remember when decorating the bathroom with your own tiles:
- The surface before laying the tiles must be completely cleaned..
- The bathroom floor can be leveled, but it is better to make it at a slight angle in the center of the bathroom – in the event of leaks, it will be easier to wipe the water from there than somewhere outside the bathroom.
- The adhesive solution must be prepared strictly according to the attached instructions.
- So that the tile does not slip, the adhesive solution is applied in a thin layer. Using a special spatula or knitting needle, furrows must be made on it.
- To ensure that the tile joints are the same size, special plastic crosses are inserted between the tiles.
- It’s better to start laying tiles from the corner of the bathroom, which is opposite the door – in this case, the places where you had to cut the tiles will not be so striking.
- If you mark the walls in advance, you can calculate the places where the tiles will have to be cut and put in pieces the bottom row, while the top – in whole tiles.
Read also about how to choose a shower.!