Homemade Air Purifier
Indoor air cannot be perfectly clean. Harmful dusty suspension and toxins are able to emit even “harmless” objects of the environment. A negative list will be supplemented by animal hair, the smell of failed dishes, smoke from the work of a soldering iron … The list can be replenished endlessly, especially if ventilation does not cope with the above items. There is a remedy – purification or filtration of the air mass, for the implementation of which it is not necessary to purchase an expensive factory device. You can make an air purifier with your own hands, while saving a considerable amount to cover the urgent needs of the family budget.
- Types and methods of cleaning
- Homemade Air Purifier
- Homemade manufacturing process
- How to make a humidifier cleaner
Types and methods of cleaning
There is no need to reinvent the wheel. All possible methods of removing contaminants are thoroughly investigated by manufacturers of household cleaning devices. Having studied their working principle, you can build a personal useful homemade product.
The purification of the air mass in the room is performed by:
- Simple mechanical filtration. The action is to detain large particles suspended in the air, animal hair. To capture them, the supply and exhaust ventilation channel is equipped with a fine metal mesh.
- Electrostatic cleaning. It acts due to the attraction of particles with different charges. Positive charged dust is captured by negatively charged device plates. The electrostatic filter collects soot and dust perfectly, but does not trap organic pollutants and toxins..
- Water “washing” of air. It functions due to the attraction by negatively charged water of harmful molecules flying in the air with a positive charge.
- Absorbent cleaning. Its principle of operation is based on the ability of substances such as coal, soda, essential oils, a number of spices and spices to absorb harmful toxic molecules in the pores. Adsorption will reduce the content of substances with a negative “aroma”, carbon monoxide molecules, nitrogen oxides and other harmful impurities in the air.
We will not get carried away with the description of cleaning methods that allows you to get rid of microorganisms, the smallest spreading of infections and microparticles. Similar methods of air filtration are needed in the laboratories of research institutes, in surgical operating rooms. Consider an option that is sure to find application in everyday life..
Homemade Air Purifier
To produce a simple cleaning device with a carbon filter, you will need to stock up on:
- miniature fan operating at a voltage of 12 V;
- Kron battery and terminal for it;
- a box of plastic, the size of which will allow you to install a fan inside it;
- carbon filter.
Homemade manufacturing process
The box will serve as the body. A fan is needed to circulate the cleaned air mass, a battery is needed to power the cooler. So, on the case you need to make holes for connecting the battery and to ensure free flow of air to the carbon filter, the flow of which will stimulate the fan.
- Mark with a marker on a plastic box the lines of future cuts for receipt and for removal of purified air on the lid and bottom, for connecting a power element in the center of the lower edge.
- Carefully saw holes along the intended lines.
- The battery will be connected to the fan using the terminal. Improve contact reliability with better solder.
- The terminal must be glued to the fan, and then check the operability of the created “node”.
- Having received confirmation of the correct connection, we install all the elements in the box.
- In accordance with the dimensions of the box, we cut out the carbon filter. It must be laid on top of the fan..
So the home-made air purifier is ready, the assembly of which took a minimum of time, no special means and forces were spent.
How to make a humidifier cleaner
The construction principle is similar. Only a larger container is required, in which the hole will need to be made only under the fan and under the power source. It is also necessary to saw holes for the bolts, with which the fan must be fixed in the area of the upper plane of the improvised device. The bottom of the cleaner will be filled with water.
Instead of a battery, you can use a 12-volt power supply, which allows you to connect the device to a fixed network. If the water in the cleaning device is enriched with sea salt, the air in the room will also be ionized, saturated with useful molecules.
Focusing on technical developments already introduced into production, it is quite possible to make any device with your own hands. There is nothing super complicated in homemade air purification devices. Everything is based on the competent application of the laws of physics, on diligence, hard work and the ability to use tools.