Children’s room is a small world for a child, contributing to an active knowledge of the environment, creative development and personality formation. Therefore, special attention should be paid to its design. In addition, the repair must use only environmentally friendly materials. These points are of particular importance when choosing a ceiling coating. The stretch ceiling in the children’s room is the best solution, combining practicality, safety and a beautiful, original appearance.
- Benefits of Stretch Ceilings
- Focus on the age of the child
- Features of choosing a colorful palette
- The specifics of the ceilings in the children’s room
- Disadvantages of a stretch ceiling in a nursery
Benefits of Stretch Ceilings
The popularity of using suspended ceilings in a children’s room is caused by a number of advantages:
- safety – in the manufacture of the canvas, exclusively environmentally friendly materials are used that do not emit dangerous, harmful substances and do not have an unpleasant odor. The surface of the ceilings has an antistatic effect that prevents the accumulation of dust and, as a result, reduces the risk of allergic reactions in a child;
- practicality – the canvas is characterized by reliability, durability, elasticity, so toys thrown up or the ball will not damage the surface. Stretch ceilings are not susceptible to the formation of mold, if necessary, they are easily dismantled and replaced, they do not absorb condensate, they are easily cleaned of any dirt with a damp cloth and ordinary cleaning agents;
- beautiful appearance – A variety of colors, textures and design options allow you to create an original ceiling that a child will definitely like;
- high heat and sound insulating characteristics – irreplaceable properties for a nursery.
Focus on the age of the child
The original design of suspended ceilings in the children’s room should be appropriate for the age of the child. The kid’s room is a place for games aimed at development and learning. Therefore, the design of the room should stimulate the knowledge of the surrounding world, cause a desire for research and study. For preschool children, ceilings with photo printing depicting favorite cartoon characters, characters from fairy tales and children’s books and other colorful, funny and funny prints will be an ideal option..
Primary school children will appreciate paintings with images of animals, planets, maps, abstract ornaments or vivid pictures of wildlife.
For high school students, more classic, restrained options are suitable. Visually display stretch ceilings of photos in the children’s room, which allow you to choose the most suitable design.
A universal option that is suitable for any age is a stretch ceiling depicting a starry sky.
Thousands of stars, forming amazing constellations, will allow young dreamers to travel in their fantasies through the vastness of the cosmic galaxy. Such a ceiling includes a fiber-optic integrated lighting system, in which the effect of flickering stars is achieved through the use of various filters in the light source.
Features of choosing a colorful palette
When making a stretch ceiling, regardless of the age of the child and the chosen design, it is necessary to take into account a number of important recommendations that relate to the color scheme of the canvas:
- for hyperactive, emotional children, the best option would be a pale pink or lilac canvas with a calming effect;
- bright, “flashy”, aggressive colors (for example, red, orange) should not be chosen as the main tone; they negatively affect the child’s mental and emotional state;
- when choosing the basic color scheme, you should adhere to neutral, light shades: beige, white, milky, light green, etc .;
- for a work area intended for study or study, a good option would be to use yellow, which stimulates brain activity.
Stretch ceilings in the children’s room can be matte, glossy, satin texture. The matte fabric creates a slightly rough surface that visually resembles plaster. Gloss is used to create a mirror effect, and the satin surface is the middle between a matte and glossy ceiling.
Using the texture, you can effectively work with the color palette, for example, to muffle bright shades due to the matte canvas or to add brightness to an nondescript tone with the help of gloss.
The specifics of the ceilings in the children’s room
The main point that should be considered when installing suspended ceilings is the provision of competent lighting. Light sources should not only well illuminate the space where the child is engaged, plays, does homework, but also create soft, diffused light in the recreation area. On the good side, lighting devices with an adjustable brightness level have proven themselves..
The use of multi-level ceilings makes it possible to divide the room into several zones, taking into account the age of the child:
- relaxation area;
- study area;
- play area.
Disadvantages of a stretch ceiling in a nursery
The main disadvantage of suspended ceilings is the existing possibility of damage to the blade by cutting or piercing objects. If a child likes active games with a sword, then you should be prepared for cuts and punctures. Damaged ceiling can be repaired even in difficult cases with the installation kit.
The impossibility of self-installation of suspended ceilings becomes another of their drawbacks. This type of work should only be performed by a qualified specialist..
Stretch ceilings are able to give the children’s room a special comfort, coziness, contributing to the harmonious development of the child. Thanks to modern technology, there is a unique opportunity to make even the most unusual childhood dreams and fantasies a reality..