Is it worth it to make a mirror ceiling in the bathroom
When choosing materials for decoration and interior items of a bathroom, we pay attention, first of all, to their moisture resistance. The ceiling is no exception. Therefore, designers focus on the mirror ceiling, since its basis is glass. Due to the water-repellent properties, such ceilings are often arranged in the bathroom, where it is almost always humid. In addition, the mirror ceiling in the bathroom is especially relevant, because the bathroom is usually a small room, and the presence of mirrors will visually increase its space. Reflecting in the ceiling with mirrors, the bathroom, as it were, “doubles” its interior and it seems that the space has doubled. In general, someone installs a mirror ceiling, wanting to visually increase the room of the bathroom, and someone chooses it, because it looks very original and even extravagant.
- Pros of a mirror ceiling in the bathroom
- What type of mirror ceiling to choose
- Rack mirror ceiling
- Mirror polystyrene plates
- False mirror ceilings
- Mirror stretch ceiling
Pros of a mirror ceiling in the bathroom
Of all the possible ceiling coatings in the bathroom, a mirror ceiling is ideal.
A distinctive advantage of this ceiling coating is that it can be safely used in cases where the ceiling surface is far from even: it has protrusions and indentations, various roughnesses and irregularities.
Mirror ceiling in the bathroom has many other advantages. It:
- a wide variety of design in the design. A huge number of solution options allows you to create the most daring and exclusive finishes, the ceiling will fit perfectly into different styles;
- beauty. Its attractive appearance transforms the room and expands it visually;
- practicality. Caring for a mirror coating is easy. The contaminated surface is easily cleaned with detergents and cleaners for mirrors and windows, as well as dry and wet cleaning;
- functionality: mirror plates can be combined with elements of other materials used in the repair of the bathroom, and as a result, incredibly beautiful decorative inserts;
- ease of installation: for its installation, preparation of floors is not required, which means that there is no need to carry out “dirty” work;
- increased illumination of space: equipped with various lights, the mirror ceiling is able to double the illumination of the room.
What type of mirror ceiling to choose
As a result of the accelerated pace of technological progress, mirror ceilings appear to us today in a variety of options. It is unlikely that there are those who, wanting to install a mirror ceiling in the bathroom, could not find the right one.
Advice! It is not advisable to install a mirrored ceiling made of solid glass. This is very dangerous, since glass is a rather heavy and brittle material..
Rack mirror ceiling
consists of long mirror-coated aluminum strips. Aluminum profiles are made in a variety of colors, but when installing the ceiling, you need to consider that the color of the rail should not contrast with the shades of the mirror panels. Although aluminum rack ceiling is not a mirror in the full sense of the word, it is the most sought-after mirror ceiling in the bathroom.
It is convenient and easy to install, does not require work to level the surface of the ceiling. Suspended beams are attached to the ceiling plane and then rails are attached to them, on which the panels are installed. If necessary, you can replace part of the ceiling without completely dismantling it.
Mirror polystyrene plates
glued with a self-adhesive backing directly to the ceiling. This installation method is more time-consuming, in addition, the ceiling must be pre-aligned so that its surface is perfectly flat.
He is preferred in cases when the ceiling is finished with drywall, and he does not want to reduce the height of the room.
False mirror ceilings
not only allow you to expand the visual space, but also provide the opportunity to hide communications. The cassette design allows you to replace the damaged part of the ceiling without affecting the rest. False mirror ceiling in the bathroom will emphasize the sophistication of the interior.
Mirror stretch ceiling
– one of the most popular types of ceilings. It is a thin and light film having a surface the size of the entire ceiling. It looks beautiful and spectacular..
Of course, stretch ceilings are not mirror in the full sense of the word, but just a close imitation – a glossy surface with a beautiful sheen. Such ceilings in the bathroom never fog up. If ordinary mirrors are covered with water droplets, then the stretch ceiling – never, no matter how long you take a bath or shower.
The film ceilings are waterproof, they will protect the main ceiling from excess moisture typical of the bathroom, as well as in cases of flooding when a pipe breaks from the neighbors (all the water draining from the top floor will collect on the film).
The decorative role of the mirror ceiling in the bathroom
Using all the decorative possibilities of mirrored ceilings will give the bathroom a unique and exclusive look. The ceiling can be decorated in one color scheme – bronze, pink, malachite, turquoise, or you can combine several shades by installing multi-colored panels.
It’s important to know! Mirror ceilings are suitable for any bathroom, but only if all the elements of the decor in the room are harmoniously combined with each other.
For example, a mirror ceiling will look very good with a mirror wall in the bathroom, but it will look ridiculous with a frayed sink or old tiles.
You can install not only mirror slats or plates, but combine them with elements from other materials to get beautiful decorative inserts.
The reflective surface of mirrored ceilings can be of 2 types:
- faceted mirrors (colored and curved), having a beveled face, due to which the light beam refracts and a rainbow forms;
- mirrors with a pattern. As a rule, the customer selects the picture, but most often the pictures with the logo or brand name are used..
The mirror ceiling in the bathroom will help to realize the most daring fantasies and create a unique beauty and coziness. Having installed a mirror ceiling in the bathroom, the happy owner of the exclusive has the right to be proud – the ordinary bathroom has turned into a sample of design art and has become an indicator of the good taste of its owner.