How to make a box of drywall
The goal of any repair is to create beautiful,cozy interior, where every detail is pleasing to the eye. Agree, there is nothing that spoils the room, as the visible areas of communications: water, sewer or ventilation ducts, electrical wiring sections, various counters and electrical protection devices. Fortunately, there is a fairly easy way to hide it all. To help the drywall comes again. Here you can learn how to make a box of plasterboard in any room of your apartment.
- Tools and materials
- Installation of the frame profiles
- The box in the corner of the room
- The box in the center of the wall
Tools and materials
For drywall boxes you'll need a fairly simple set of tools:
- Water or laser level
- Drill or punch
- Metallic profile
- gypsum plasterboard
- Screws for attaching drywall
- Screws for mounting profile
- Shears for metal
Important! Very often in the homes of reinforced concrete slabs it is quite difficult to drill holes. If you do repairs in that house - please be a good puncher. Otherwise, the process is fairly simple duct mounting turn to you in anguish.
Installation of the frame profiles
Given the relative simplicity of the design, in order to make a box of plasterboard with their hands, you will need just two types of profiles - rails and rack.
But you need to recite yet with markup. For this purpose, using the level (laser or water) should be noted on the walls and / or ceiling mounting place of the guide profile. Simply put, you need to draw the outlines on the wall of your future box, and the level needed to ensure that its opposite sides are parallel as relatively walls and each other. According to the layout you want to attach the guide profile. This is done with dowels in increments of 50cm.
Let us separately consider two options box location on the wall.
The box in the corner of the room
- According to the layout, attach to the wall guiding profiles. Installation is done with dowels in increments of 50 sm.Zatem at an angle of 90 degrees to the vertical profiles to align the ceiling.
- At the intersection of the profile, at a distance from the walls, install one vertical profile and fasten it with screws or Prosekatel.
Interesting! Prosekatel - is a special tool for quick fixing metal profiles. Buy it for a single operation inadvisable, but if you are planning a large-scale operation with a profile, it is better to spend money - Prosekatel greatly save your time.
- Now you need to set a few jumpers that will ensure rigidity. To do this, place them every 40-60cm between the guide profiles and secure.
Important! If the width of your box is not more than 30cm, the installation of jumpers is not required.
The design is ready. You can start the installation of the FCL.
The box in the center of the wall
- Attach to the wall guiding profiles.
- At an angle of 90 degrees thereto, set profiles on the floor and ceiling.
- Construct a jumper on the floor and ceiling at the required distance from the wall and attach. Check the level of the structure.
- At the intersections of guide profiles, set the two uprights.
- Proceed with the installation of jumpers as described above.
Now we have to sheathe plasterboard construction and ready. This is done using the screwdriver and small screws.
Conduit plasterboard ceiling done on the same principle, only the installation of the stiffeners required in this case.
Important! If plasterboard box is designed to close the water or sewer pipes, be sure to set the auditing hatch. It is needed for the maintenance and repair of communications and allows you to access them without dismantling the structure.
Very often these boxes closesewer pipes, which not only spoil the appearance of the room, but also strong enough noise. Unfortunately, to get rid of unpleasant sounds of plasterboard is not enough. To do this, lay inside the box layer acoustic material.
As you can see, working with plasterboard under the force of even a novice. Install a simple design can be for one day, considering holding some painting works.