How to get the pump out of the well when it is stuck
Submersible pumps used to supply waterfrom wells drilled on site, need periodic rise to preventive maintenance and minor repairs. Also, the rise of the pumping equipment and associated with the replacement of end-of-life of the unit to a more powerful device. However, not all extraction operation submersible pump of well pipe is successful. It also happens that the pump is jammed in the pipe tightly. The hosts of the well, the first time faced with such a problem, do not know how to get it from the well pump so as not to break the rope.
- The causes of jamming in the borehole pump body
- 1. Slack electric cable
- 2. Sedimentation well as a result of long periods of inactivity
- 3. Solid barrier - a complex barrier
- 4. Reverse silting effect
- Tips craftsmen
- Valuable advice of professionals
The causes of jamming in the borehole pump body
Basically, all of the reasons leading to the occurrence ofthis vexing problem, due to the human factor. When, during the installation of the pump technology requirements violated the mounting of the pumping equipment and does not pay attention to their quality of manufacturing, it is difficult to expect a favorable outcome of the case at the time of dismantling the pump.
Slack electric cable
For this reason, there is the greatest number of jamming equipment. This occurs by biting sagging electric cable in a loop which is tightened around the pump housing.
In this situation it is not necessary to pull the instrument with full force, as this will not lead to success. But, for that pull, can be stopped. By then it will be difficult to do something on their own.
Experts have repeatedly raised pumpsWell, it is advised in this case to try to push through the device back. Please try again, try to feel slack and at this point, continue slowly rise. Generally, "prevention is better than cure." That in my practice not face slack electric cable, you must fasten it with special clamps to the pipe or hose at the stage of system installation. Moreover, it is not recommended to fasten the cable electric cable, since it can fly off tension clamps. Raising the pump, you must also make sure that the cable and hose out simultaneously on the surface. We can not allow nor slack rope, no cable, no hose.
Sedimentation of the well as a result of long periods of inactivity
There are also cases in practice often whenlong simple hole leads to the silting up of its strengths. The resulting sludge layer rises insurmountable obstacle in the way of the pump. When the pump is stuck in the hole for this reason, experts recommend to start it swinging, during which the device is lifted, then lowered. What does it lead? Water may gradually begin to erode the silt. Eventually might aloft free road, which will remove the pump outside. The main thing is not to rush things and do not show excessive activity to prevent pump jamming deaf.
There is also a non-standard way of dealing with siltedborehole. It is necessary to bring the solution to the problem of firemen, which by means of a sleeve, lowered into the well, can erode the sludge deposits. Freed the pump will go smoothly upward. To prevent siltation process well, it is necessary to carry out its preventive cleansing, the frequency of which should be at once in three years.
Solid barrier - a complex barrier
On the path of movement of the pump can meet solid obstacle, which will play the role of the wedge. As can act as such a barrier:
- dent in the pipe, which arose due to ground motions;
- tapered edge of the pipe;
- burrs from careless weld;
- marriage sedimentary column assembly in which instead of a threaded joint of pipes, they are sealed, allowing axial displacement.
Meeting with an obstacle is accompaniedtypical solid thud, and the movement of the pump runs down freely. Whether and how to get the pump from the borehole in this situation? There are cases when the rotation of the pump via a pipe around its axis helps to round embarked on the path of the barrier. However, one hundred percent probability of release stroke movement of the device can not be guaranteed. This can be a one-time success. But it's worth it, suddenly in a particular situation will be solved the problem this way.
Solid-state barrier may be accidentallyfallen into the well tool, detail fasteners or other foreign object. In this case the pump stop occurs during the rise dramatically and unexpectedly. This happens when entering into the gap between the borehole wall and the solid object pump, which leads to jamming. This course is free to down, and the top-jamming intervals vary depending on the cable sample. The object will not be able to slip, too narrow a gap. Therefore, experts advise to stop, call the experts. Special equipment available to them, is able to remove interference from the well.
The effect of the reverse siltation
This effect is observed in wellsexecuted in limestone soils. As a result of long operation sedimentary layer is formed on the pump's location, turning into a "plug". To stop this process, clean the hole every three years.
- Stuck in the well pump in a raggeda result of the efforts of the attached cable can be pulled out a metal device with pins, popularly referred to as "cat." Attach directly to the pump is considered a big success. Most likely you can grab the end of the cable or hose, trying to get the equipment up.
- For pushing down the jammed pumpsome inventors manage to use the crowbar to the cable tie. The main thing is tightly tied crowbar to throwing into the well, do not leave it there also. Of course, it is possible to act, if the old pump is not supposed to operate, because the probability of damage is very high. It may work on a small pump depth.
- By the meter section of the pipe weld "ear". Skipping rope through the pipe, hose and cable, lower the tube on a separate rope into the well. Under the pressure of her weight pump can slip down and hang freely on the cable. Then simultaneously pump and the pipe is pulled from the well. Since the weight of the structure can reach 50 kg, then the work should be carried out with the assistant.
- If the pump suspension has not interrupted when trying topower extraction equipment from the well, it can be locked in a tensioned manner and periodically tapping on it. In the event of slack rope conduct repeated stretching and tapping again. These steps may be performed within a few days. Method for high-patient, but in some cases crowned with success.
What drives people to the invention of different ways to solve a problem with the pump stuck? The answer is simple, the high cost of services of companies specializing in this area.
In some cases, the cost comes to the price of a new well installation. Therefore, to save the budget, it is necessary to do everything possible in advance, to avoid jamming the pump.
Valuable advice of professionals
1. Do not skimp on the quality of the rope used to hang the submersible pump. It is advisable to purchase a cable and attaching it to stainless steel.
2. Try not to use a downhole pieces of hoses and cables spliced together. After all, with the rise of these weaknesses can disperse fragments of bent and jammed climbing device.
3. It is desirable to fly the minimum diameter of the pumps in order to increase the gap between the wall of the wellbore and the casing equipment. It is understood that the pumps having a small thickness, more expensive than their bulk counterparts. However, if we compare the difference in pumping equipment cost with the cost of a new well, then buying a thinner device becomes not so unfavorable. Carried out the replacement of the pump in the well will reduce the likelihood of re-jamming device.
4. Set the headroom hole made at the factory and shall adhere to the walls of the well pipe. This item does not allow ingress of debris wells and various random objects.
We will be glad if presented in the articleinformation will help you deal with the problem. It would be even better if you never have to "drag out of the swamp behemoth" because the pump set will come out from the hole like clockwork.
And do not forget to carry out preventive cleaning of wells.