May has come. This means that all of us can safely congratulate you on the opening of the summer season. However, each ointment inevitably relies weighty fly in the ointment. And next spring appearance in the pit of muddy water might well qualify for this unenviable title. Want to know how to clean the water in the well on their own without the extra money and validol? Read on. We promise it will be interesting.
- How to clean the water in the well - good advice from our experts
- How to make pumping water from a well
- Cleaning and arrangement of the well bottom
- Disinfection of the well
- How to make an analysis of the water from the well
- Horror stories about exceeding the performance of the chemical composition of water
How to clean the water in the well - good advice from our experts
Each spring the happy owners of cottageswells are facing the same problem - how to purify water in the well after the floods and melting snow. In this case, water owners can only envy. That's just not all suburban towns held water. But even if carried out, the water supply is either irregular or generally performed according to the schedule, which is not always convenient cottagers. Therefore, even if there is running water, a prudent owner bore hole at the site, or dig a well. And if the well water is cloudy, it is necessary to start the holiday season with its disinfection, which is as follows:
- first pumping water from a well;
- Cleaning bottom and drainage improvement;
- disinfection of floor and walls of the well;
- second pumping, filling the well with fresh water.
How to make pumping water from a well
Pumping water from the well is usually performed withusing a pump or an electric pump. It is convenient to use the submersible electric pumps with the upper wall of water of domestic production, for example, "brook" or "The Kid" (there are other analogues). They are easy to use and have a sufficient height of water rise (25 to 40 meters). The price is 1200 - 1800 rubles, depending on the power consumption, optimal performance and water lifting height.
The evacuation may be necessary and ifthere is a need to deepen the well. Anyway, submersible electric pump, you can use the whole summer watering directly from the well irrigation or to fill containers.
Cleaning and arrangement of the well bottom
First cleanse the well from large debris. If it were stones, branches or small animals, then, of course, all this should be removed immediately.
The bottom of the well, it is desirable to lay pebble,stone powder, but best of all - silicon. Ever since school time silicon or flint we remember as the stone for production of fire. But it turns out, not only that it is valuable! Since ancient times, healers have used its healing properties - namely, bactericidal and antiseptic. Consequently, and for the purification of water from the well of silicon can also be used. In Russia, for a clean, transparent and "healing" water, even the inner surface of the wells laid flint. So, flint chips can be used as a filter for the water from the well, which, incidentally, and used in the manufacture of industrial water filters.
Drainage strip at the bottom is formed as followsmanner. After purification, as a drainage or filter for purification of well water, minerals following layers stacked in sequence:
- shungit or quartz;
- zeolite or Permutit (artificial zeolite crystals - a mineral used for water purification);
- Activated carbon.
This gasket should be updated every 5 years, and do it better in the summer or autumn.
Interesting facts about shungite. He is considered a healing stone. And we, Russians, are very lucky, because the deposit of this mineral found only in Karelia. We prove that shungite - the only in the world of rock containing fullerenes (carbon nanoparticles origin). Using fullerenes, French experts involved in the search for tools to help slow down the process of aging and life extension, in the course of their research have increased the life span of the animals twice. In contact with water releases shugnit in her treatment of fullerene complexes. Water treated in a certain way shungite, heals wounds and burns, allergic and skin diseases, diabetes and diseases of the mouth, and, as well, has been successfully applied in cosmetology.
It does not always have the opportunity to purchase and shungitezeolite is sufficient for arranging the drainage. In this case, please be at least a small amount of miracle stones. If they are put on the bottom, for example, the three-liter jar and pour into it water from your well, then after 30 minutes the water will be cleaned, and it will be possible to drink.
Disinfection of the well
After the water is pumped out, and he will be cleaned, disinfected. Here's how it looks in steps.
- Step №1. The bottom of the well to pour bleach. Instead of bleach can be used potassium bichromate or similar chlorine-containing substances.
- Step №2. Leave on for 2-3 days. During this time, the well is filled with fresh water, and chlorine is a volatile substance, completely evaporate without leaving a trace. But over time, his actions all bacteria will be destroyed.
- Step №3. After disinfection need to do a second pumping water. That is now the well is cleared for sure!
Important! How to calculate the amount of bleach to disinfect? A solution of bleach is prepared at the rate of 20-25 mg of bleach to 1 gallon of water. When disinfecting with chlorine clean it should be five times less. The volume of water in the well calculated, based on the diameter of the well and the water height, which is available in the well. It is not difficult to guess that both of these numbers (in meters) to be multiplied. It is also recommended to treat and the well wall. They can whiten with lime mortar, or just sprinkle dry izvёstkoy.
With the threat of an epidemic of intestinal diseasesdisinfect water in the well is recommended to bleach every day. A solution of chlorine in this case is made with a reduced concentration of about fifty times that would be 2-5 mg per liter of water.
How to make an analysis of the water from the well
Well water quality depends fromof the aquifer is obtained. Deep groundwater layers are generally cleaner. And in the upper aquifer can enter groundwater and the water formed after the snow melts and containing a variety of contaminants. We will not delve into geology. We are more interested in chemistry and biology.
The history of childhood. In the good old days in the countryside of central Russia water women wore on the beam out of the well. It was not just the well - it was a temple of pure water. Above the well stood a log house, and on the edge of the floating wooden ladle. Drink can be directly scooping up some water ice cold. It is even in the height of summer was cold and delicious! Surely, someone still remembers the taste of childhood until now!
In our time, even after a thorough disinfection andinstallation of natural filter mat, water from wells cottage can be used for technical purposes only: watering the beds, cleaning facades, laundry, etc.
To drink this water, you need to useadditional filters for water purification for the well benefit them now produced a lot, and with varying degrees of purification. Choose the "correct" filter is best, taking into account the chemical composition of the water, then the water out of your well will be not only harmless, but can be curative. Chemical and bacteriological analysis of water from the well should be done in specialized laboratories.
Bacteriological analysis of water is from five hundredto eight hundred rubles. The estimated cost of the chemical analysis is 20 to $ 30, depending on the list of study indicators, which includes:
- pH indicators, alkalinity, salinity;
- hardness, oxidation, color, turbidity and odor;
- mineral composition - manganese, iron, nitrates, phosphates, nitrogen.
To analyze the need to score at least one and a half liters of water. The bottle should be pre-rinsed with water of the same.
Knowing the chemical parameters, can performwater purification from excess minerals or, on the contrary, the enrichment of water lacking in minerals. For example, there are cases where in certain areas with a specific composition of water, people massively acquire certain kinds of diseases, which, in fact, could have been avoided by simple filtration of water.
Horror stories about exceeding the performance of the chemical composition of water
- Increased iron in the water stainwater in a reddish brown color. Not only does it affect the taste of water, it still adversely affects the skin, contributes to allergic diseases, but also can affect the blood morphology.
- Elevated manganese indicators in water canhave mutagenic effects on humans. Manifestation of high manganese content can be seen by a specific taste, but also for the brown spots that appear on the clothes during washing.
- Lime water leads to gout, which is manifested in the form of salt deposits in the joints, and also, nephrolithiasis, expressed in the form of salt deposits in the kidneys.
- Sulfides cause irritation of the skin, exerting a toxic effect on humans. A hydrogen sulfide, and all - the poison for all living things!
The given horror stories say thatadditional cleaning water from the well with the use of specially selected based on the results of biochemical tests of water filters for water from the well can save you from various unpleasant sores. And, then, the question is, do or not do a water analysis from our holiday well, should be resolved in favor of the "TO DO!".
Use our recommendations. Write your comments in the "recipes" well water purification. And good luck!