How to build a toilet at the cottage
One of the most important and vital structurescottage, garden plots, farmstead or rural farmstead is a toilet. The need for it will appear after a few hours of stay in the area. Ideally, better to have two toilets - one street, the second - in the house. Street toilet needs to go to him the day after the garden work and carry the dirt into the house. At night or when the weather is more convenient to go to a warm home toilet. There are several options for resettlement of street toilets: backlash-closets, pit latrines, powder-closet, toilets and a chemical toilet. Choosing a toilet to give, you must take into account the peculiarities of the terrain, the level of groundwater and health standards.
- Rules of organization toilets at the cottage
- How to build a toilet at the cottage - instruction
- Sanitary facilities with cesspool
- Features-powders closet
- Backlash-closets and differences
- Dry closets - modernized building
- Chemical toilet garden
Rules of organization toilets at the cottage
- Distance from the toilet to the reservoir, the well, orwater well, the stream must be at least 25-30 m. If the site is located on an incline, the toilet should be placed above the well. Such precautions are necessary to run-off have not been put in the drinking water.
- cesspools securely isolated. This will prevent the ingress of sewage into groundwater and nearby ponds.
- Choosing a place for the bathroom, it is important to take into accountwind direction and terrain, to the smell of the latrine is not hindered not only the owners, but also their neighbors. Keep the toilet clean sure, that he was not the source of the unpleasant "smell".
- If the water table is at a depth of less than 2 m, it is allowed to the toilet unit in the country only certain types of powders, closet, toilets and a chemical toilet.
- If the groundwater is located at a depth of 2.5 m, it is possible to build a backlash-closets or pit latrines.
Equipping the toilet in the country with their own hands, it is first necessary to determine how deep the water and what type of toilet can be built on the site.
How to build a toilet at the cottage - instruction
1. Determine the desired size of the bathroom
Toilet should be at least 1 m deep and 1.5 m wide, or just uncomfortable. The height of at least 2.2 m. Mark up the site.
2. Prepare support for toilet
It can be made of wood or concretecolumns. Four asbestos-cement pipes outside handle bitumen mastic and buried to a depth of 50-70 cm, if you think such a depth sufficient, can bury up to 90 cm or 1 meter. Pipe a third fill with cement mortar. Inside the pipe is inserted columns, pillars and topped up with cement mortar on the need to fix them.
Important! There are toilets for cottages wood, slate, metal sheets and corrugated board as well as brick. The material for the frame and finishes selected depending on your budget and wishes.
3. We produce frame
It can be made of metal parts,welded from their box. There should be four bearing bracket, the roof frame and tie on toilet seat damage. It is at these corners will strengthen the wooden toilet seat.
It is possible to bring down the same frame of timber 50x60 mm.
4. We produce toilet body
On a wooden frame, you can fill the board with nails,prigonyat tightly them to each other. But you can use any other material such as slate sheets, corrugated, or metal sheets. They fasten with screws to the tree. For frame of iron corners conveniently fastens slate or corrugated board.
The rear wall of the housing can be twoopenings: one at the top - for ventilation, net climbs, the other - at the bottom, the better to take out the tank with sewage. The lower opening is designed as a door on eyelets.
5. Making the roof
The roof is made of any likedroofing material: slate, roofing iron, wood. In the case of a wooden roof, it must be covered with roofing material to the inside does not leak moisture. Making her pent, with a slope to the rear wall.
6. We make room for seating
We bring down the seat frame made of wooden bars. The front of the frame set on the floor, and the back is attached to the corners of the frame or wooden blocks. Seat frame upholstered with polished boards. Cut a hole in the toilet. Be sure to clean all the corners of the burrs. Splinters in intimate places, we do not need. At the request of the seating position can be painted or varnished.
7. hung door
The door can be made of wood, but you can buyfinished plastic. Above the door, between the roof and the beginning of the door, be sure to make a hole for the toilet lighting. The door is hung on two hinges, locking mechanism do, as someone like that. You can set the latch bolt or hook, but you can not too cunning castle. Latches and set inside the toilet, and outside.
Inside on the wall to hang a wooden box for filling. Set the bucket for toilet paper. Under the toilet seat set capacity is not less than 20-30 liters of sewage.
At the request of the toilet can be a washbasin. If the dimensions allow, hang wash basin and put it under a bucket of dirty water.
Demonstrates the toilet at the cottage Photo offers the option of a wooden toilet with a roof made of metal sheets, window light is not glazed.
Sanitary facilities with cesspool
WC unit with cesspool different frompowders closet-stationary cesspool. It fall into metabolic products, the liquid component is partially vaporized, it seeps partially into the ground and collects the solid. Dense component is removed from the pit as they gain manually or by machine assenizatorskaya.
This suite can only be built in a place of deep groundwater.
Very often in the villages do not clean the cesspool. When it is full, the toilet was transferred to a new location. The old pit just buried. feces rot and can serve as an excellent fertilizer in a few years. In the old toilet seat can be built in 4-5 years.
Instructions for the construction of pit latrines
1. Determine the construction site: Away from the well, stream or well.
2. Digging cesspool
A depth of about 1.5 m. Making a bias towards the rear wall of the toilet. If further treatment is meant the pits, the bottom littered with rubble, and strengthening wall boards. Treated with hot antiseptic. Another option: the bottom and the walls of rammed clay at least 10cm, better - 25cm.
3. We produce support
The base on which to stand the toilet,bring down from a bar 100x100 mm. Since the boards will lie in the ground, then process them antiseptic or oil impregnation with molten bitumen. Fix the support so that it is under no circumstances do not slid into the pit.
It is also possible to make the base of the concrete slab, such as a sidewalk curb. In this case no further processing is required.
4. Making the deck over the pit
Was covered with concrete or wooden beams, leaving between them sufficient space for convenient purification of the pit. Flooring bring down from the boards, cover them with roofing material.
5. We produce hatch for cleaning
Behind the toilet set the hatch. Its cover also treat with antiseptic.
6. Making ventilation
Behind the rear wall of the toilet to lay pipes,coming from the sump. One can use conventional sewage pipe 100 mm in diameter. Fasten it to the back wall of the dressing room with iron clamps. The pipe must be below the floor level of 15 cm. We raise it above the toilet roof by 1 meter, cover the top hood to keep out water.
7. We set the body on the toilet beams
The body is executed just as well as in-powders closet. His arrangement is also identical.
8. We perform and arrange blind area drainage channels
Presented below toilet scheme in the country (such as play-closet) shows the location of the required elements: drawing, toilet seat, hatch, washstand, blind area of concrete, clay castle.
A device of this differs from the toilettraditional village toilet: Cesspool is absent, and instead installed a waterproof container, which is emptied as required. To prevent breeding of flies and remove bad smell, after each trip to the toilet sewage "powdered" ash, peat or sawdust. Hence the name - Calvin closet.
Construction of toilets at the cottage-type powders closethas several advantages: can be placed next to the house or even under the same roof with him, easier construction technology, no contamination of the groundwater. Filled container is emptied into the cesspool, the contents of which later turn into organic fertilizer for the garden.
Backlash-closets and differences
This type of toilet can be built only whenIt means the cleaning sump via assenizatorskaya machines and produced heated pits to sewage did not freeze. Typically, backlash-closets installed in the building or next to it. In fact, this refined rustic pit latrines.
Construction technology play-closet has a few differences:
- The surface of the sump lining of concrete or brick, which will not allow a dirty media to soak into the ground.
- At the height of the hole is performed at least 25 cm thick clay castle.
- The vent pipe from the pit is carried out through thehood stove or furnace, coal-fired, wood or other solid fuels. Pipes can use ceramic or asbestos cement. If the stove runs on gas, then play warm-channel uses a low-power electric heater. Hood raking must be absolutely airtight, it will provide its high-quality work.
- Cover-hatch is double-rowed over. The upper - of metal or cast iron and the bottom - wood. The empty space between them to be filled with dry insulation, such as sawdust or mineral wool.
Construction of toilets in the country will take about a week.
Dry closets - modernized building
This type of toilet is a modernizedpowders-closets. The only difference is that in-closet poured powders or peat dust, and biotoilet - special microorganisms. Installing a toilet at the cottage troublesome, buy ready-made and bio-toilet easier. Moreover, they have a different shape, you can buy small and put in the house. Cleaning of the toilet is much more convenient than in-powders closet. The only drawback: you need to constantly buy microorganisms to clean. But impurities are converted into organic fertilizer, which is not toxic and can be used immediately, in the beds.
Chemical toilet garden
This differs from the toilet only dry closetcleaner: it is not organic, and chemical. Therefore, the resulting mass can not be used as fertilizer. Moreover, it is undesirable to pour it into a compost pit.
Each of the above types of toilets hasAdvantages and disadvantages. There are some limitations to the construction. The final decision rests with the personal wishes and financial possibilities.