Replacing and connecting batteries (radiators) heating
Comfort and cozy apartments in the cold seasonIt depends on the quality of heating. And if the work on the boiler can be influenced indirectly, is to provide high quality heat in the apartment and can be on their own. Replacement radiators for new devices and connection of heating batteries with their hands just would achieve a higher comfort in the apartment during the cold season. Doing this type of work requires specific knowledge and installation skills. But the one who knows how to handle the tool and seeks to do everything on their own, will be on forces and replacing radiators with their own hands.
- Types of radiators
- Wiring radiators
- Methods for connecting radiators
- Connecting radiators - step by step instructions
This type of work, as a replacement radiators inthe apartment is strictly necessary in older homes. This is especially true if the battery life is pretty big, and they are installed during the construction of the house. As for the new buildings, the replacement radiators It would be justified, if they are not satisfied by their characteristics or appearance.
Types of radiators
Today the market offers different types ofradiators, they are the same - radiators. Batteries differ from each other in operational characteristics, appearance, and the material of which are made. If you choose to be guided by the following characteristics: durability, heat capacity, the internal pressure.
Cast iron radiators heating - is a kind of classic. Batteries made from this material can be found absolutely everywhere. They have the most years of service, up to 35 years. But the heat of the radiator is quite low. Operating pressure cast iron radiators 8-9 atm. The aesthetic appearance of the radiator is far from perfect, so they have to hide behind special panels.
Steel radiators have a lower service life (up to 20 years) thaniron. In comparison with the heat capacity of iron steel radiators higher cost compared with aluminum below operating pressure of 7-9 atm. Appearance and design allow you to set them openly. Steel radiators have a balanced ratio of price-quality-performance.
Aluminium radiators They have the highest emissivity. Their service life is 20-25 years. The operating pressure of aluminum radiators is 18 bar. Aesthetically appealing design. Another advantage of these radiators is light weight and ease of installation.
Bimetallic radiators by external aluminum construction haveincreased heat dissipation. A service life of 20-25 years is achieved through the use of stainless steel for the interior design. Operating pressure can reach 35 atm. In addition to steel, aluminum, there are copper-aluminum radiators. They have the highest emissivity of all the radiators. Through the use of copper for the internal structures of bimetallic radiators lifetime may be 35 years old or more. Operating pressure up to 16 atm. Enjoy an aesthetically attractive design.
To perform the work required to connectwiring diagram radiators. It should be specified the way the radiator connection, measuring and valves, as well as system wiring pipes.
There are two systems: one-pipe and two-pipe. Most apartment blocks set one-pipe system. Feed water is produced in it from above downward through the riser. A significant disadvantage of such a system is the inability to regulate the temperature in the batteries, and replace or repair the battery themselves. But this can be corrected by installing additional design elements - pass regulating and shut-off valve.
In a two-pipe system, hot water is on one pipe, and cooled down back for another. For each of these systems the connection of radiators can be made in various ways.
Important! Bypass - pipe jumper between the two tubes extending from the radiator in one-pipe system. Its diameter should be smaller than the diameter of the pipe to which it is connected.
Methods for connecting radiators
Despite the existence of two systems, ways to connect the radiators themselves are only three: one-sided lateral connection diagonal connection, bottom connection.
- In the side unilaterally connected hot wateris supplied to the upper nozzle battery, and cooled down from the lower leaves. This method makes it possible to achieve maximum heat transfer. If the interchange of hot and cooled water, we will lose about 7% power.
- For radiators of great length must be used Diagonal connection method. Here the hot water supply comes from the topon the one hand, and the cooled output going down the other side. This connection method allows the battery to warm up along the entire length. If hot water is fed from the bottom, you can lose 10% of capacity.
- In the case where the heating system passes through the floor, should be applied lower connection method batteries. Here supply and water outlet from below, but from different angles. Unfortunately, this method of connection as compared to 10% of the side loses heat.
Connecting radiators - step by step instructions
Wiring and replacement of heating your batteryhand made at a time when there is no water in the heating system. Change the batteries is very difficult and costly in the winter. If you had to do it in the winter, you have to call the appropriate services that will block the water flow and merge its remnants. Only then you can start to change.
To carry out the work requiredtorque wrenches, special radiator key, conventional wrenches, hammers and drills. From the materials themselves require radiators, measuring and valves, brackets for mounting the radiator, if the house is one-pipe system, need to bypass a special valve to release the air, ordinary tees and bushing, nipple, corners, couplings, pipes with threaded.
- When the water is blocked, dismantle the old batteries. With key unscrew the screw connections. You may have to use force, as the metal has a "boil" property. If the connection can not be, it is necessary to cut the pipe grinder and make a new thread.
- Then remove the old radiators and securing for them.
- Mark up the place of the installation of new fixtures, zasverlivaem holes and brackets set. They install new batteries.
- To obtain the best heat transfer, the battery set at a slight angle relative to the wall and place it on the floor from a height of 10-12 cm, 10 cm from the sill, a distance of 5 cm from the wall.
- Now you can connect the battery to the general system, according to the chosen method of connection. When you need to increase the length of the tubes and fasten them to the wall.
Important! All screw connections are to be fastened with a torque wrench. This is necessary to avoid disruption of the thread and the appearance of leaks, as the entire system is under pressure.
Once the new radiators are installed, you canlet the water and enjoy the warmth. The main thing is that all connections are tight, it was nowhere to be leaking. Otherwise you'll have to redo everything again, and this extra effort.