Radiators (batteries) heating Bimetallic
With the onset of cold weather, more people think about the reliability of heat their homes, replacing the old radiators (usually iron) With new ones. In such a situation it is important to orient and from the variety of heating devices of different price range and specifications, to choose the best. Radiators Bimetallic quite affordable for the middle class, have a number of advantages and may become the most preferred choice option for many.
- Features bimetallic battery
- Reviews and expert opinion
- Bimetallic radiators: how to choose?
- Calculating the number of sections
- Leading on the battery market in detail about the merits
Features bimetallic battery
Bimetallic radiator issteel manifold, high pressure molded into the aluminum body (a cross between the aluminum sectional and tubular steel), the technical characteristics of which may vary (depending on one or another producer). Possible ranges:
1. The distance between the axes from 350 to 500 mm
2. Dimensions (height / width / depth): from 425 mm to 580 mm / 80-82 mm / 77-95 mm
3. The maximum operating pressure of 16 to 35 atm
4. Heat Output: from 120 to 190 W
5. The amount of water in the section: 0.15 to 0.38 l
6. The maximum flow temperature: 110 to 130 gr. FROM
7. Weight: from 1.22 to 1.97 kg
8. Warranty: 20 years
Reviews and expert opinion
Made by modern technology, these devices are in good standing with heating care professionals that produce them such undeniable advantages as:
- high efficiency in homes where there is central heating (steel tube collector are most adapted to the changes in pressure in the heating system);
- good corrosion resistance, high degree of confrontation aggressive coolant medium;
- excellent performance on heat transfer (up to 190 W);
- good thermal conductivity, heat easily and quickly;
- modern design aluminum body;
- strength (can withstand pressures up to 35 atmospheres);
- life (20 years); compactness.
The main drawback of the radiators of this type are the same: the price by 15-20% in excess of the price of the aluminum counterparts.
Bimetallic radiators: how to choose?
In the context of a particular house, not all radiators may be suitable for the job.
Therefore, to begin to find out all the main indicators characterizing the heating system of your home, for example - in the housing department for the residents of urban high-rise buildings. It is necessary to inquire about:
- the value of the working pressure;
- Compression value (test) pressure;
- Heating system design - two-pipe or one-pipe (this information is required when installing the batteries);
- diameter feed pipes to the existing batteries;
- the coolant used in the system (if the water is used, it is important that the temperature).
Choosing the radiators should be based on 3 main parameters: heat transfer, the ability to withstand the necessary pressure and design.
1. Pressure. Immediately discard those whose performancepressure less than set in your home. They must also be designed to limit the test pressure (ie the pressure "on the limit"). In this respect, radiators Bimetallic very reliable. For some models capable of withstanding up to 35 atmospheres. This is despite the fact that in the old brick house (not more than five floors), the pressure will be not more than 8 bar, in a modern nine-panel - 9 - 10 atmospheres. Therefore bimetallic battery is better to establish where additional security is required: in high-rise buildings on the upper floors or in the workplace.
2. Also, it is important heat irradiation (thermal power). The "deep" and below the radiator, the more uniform temperature distribution achieved in the premises, as well as - more efficient heating of the entire volume of air. Choose the battery with greater depth, the more important it is if you are going to install it into a niche. The distance between the floor surface and the bottom of the device must be at least 60 mm, the clearance between the sill and the upper portion - not less than 100 mm. Calculate the width of the radiator, which is planning to place under the window, less than 50 - 75% of the width of the opening. Otherwise not be able to create an "air curtains" a stream of warm air and the cold air coming from the window, will go down into the room on either side of the radiator.
3. Design this device too is important. Its appearance should match the interior room. All differences in design depend mainly on the size of center distance, which is 350 to 500 mm, or more often.
Calculating the number of sections
Bimetallic radiators consist of individualsections, which are interconnected by means of special spacers paronite, and a heat-resistant silicone rubber. For each space selected the required number of sections on the basis of its area and one heat radiator section. The calculation should take into account the following factors:
- climatic conditions of the region;
- temperature coolant (usually water);
- possible heat loss.
We take into account the climatic conditions
Power rating, to give 1 heating battery must be 100 watts per square meter
Depending on the model of the bimetallic radiator manufacturer and one section of the heat capacity can be from 120 to 190 watts.
Accordingly, if we need to heat the room10 square meters, it is advisable to buy a 9-10-sectional radiators with a capacity of one section of 120 W or 5-6-section with a capacity of one section of 190 watts.
Important! Do not try to buy a multi-sectional heatsinks (over 10 sections). For service expanses better buy a few batteries with a small number of sections.
We take into account the heat loss
All major heat loss, which are subject to residential premises are: warm, drifting through the windows, as well as through walls and confused on the way to the batteries.
It should be borne in mind that:
- the greatest heat loss are usually in the corner room;
- through windows can sometimes take up to 75% of heat (depending on the profile used, its quality);
- in a room with 2 windows, heat loss is greater, so the radiator sections in it must be set the same anymore;
- at a temperature of coolant (usually water) is less than needed for heating, it is advisable to install a larger number of sections (about 10 or 30%);
- if you plan to regularly ventilate the room in winter, the radiators should be taken with a stock - more to 1 or 2 section.
Important! If possible, install the thermostats battery. Depending on the actual room temperature, they will adjust the radiator temperature automatically. You can always maintain optimum temperature.
When calculating sections is better to proceed from onesimple rule: excess heat better than the lack of it. The winters are unpredictable, and they can be very chilly in central Russia. Therefore, the calculation of bimetallic radiators perform better with a margin. If the funds do not allow you to set thermostats, try to have at least valve to bypass and valve, shut off the flow of water. Blocking one valve half and completely covering the other may adjust the radiator heat gently.
Leading on the battery market
Best - a "correct" radiators, in whichAll internal parts in contact with the coolant directly to the 100% made of steel, the best - stainless. It is due to this possible high corrosion resistance (as the stainless steel is not subject to corrosion) and resistance to changes in pressure. As a rule, high-quality radiators famous Italian manufacturers, for example, of Royal firms and Global Style. The actual life of such units is 40-50 years.
But many Chinese firms, and somedomestic manufacturers are made of steel only a small part of the internal parts of the heaters. What if this happens? And the fact that the coolant is in contact with the aluminum compound and the points of steel, reducing the corrosion resistance of the radiator. In this half-metallic aggregate, by and large, is not much use as metal corrosion processes in it no less intense than in the aluminum counterparts, and pay not for that. After all, the main advantage of bimetallic devices to aluminum is that the former have a higher corrosion resistance, and therefore durability. It is known that the heat carrier medium can be very aggressive, able to break down the walls of the heater for a few years. So try to acquire bimetallic battery trusted manufacturers do not buy with it, check the specifications and the warranty of the manufacturer.
In conclusion we note that the benefits inbimetallic radiator lot. The main thing - the right to choose the device that is suitable for your room. To avoid problems with the installation, it should be defined in advance, with its dimensions, find diameter of lead pipes and fittings to get their scheme to the radiator: from the floor (one pipe, or both) or below the skirting board or floor, in the back of the wall, side, top. In carrying out the repair and replacement of the heating devices is important to know the exact center distance, measured between the holes, which will be carried out eyeliner. If you are sure to possess all this information, you will be able to avoid unnecessary costs and hassle associated with installing different adapters, this will facilitate the selection of the necessary accessories.