PVC fittings and pipes for heating
For many years, for the installation of the system intrahouseheating used steel pipes, which have been associated with a number of inconveniences. Trouble started as early as during their installation. Firstly, when working with such pipes can not do without a professional welder. So if you are a representative of another profession, to build their own heating system - it will not work. This should be had to the time when repair will be made in the room. If the pipe out of service during the operation, the use of welding for replacement led to the need for glue wallpaper, and often change the flooring. Fortunately, replacing metal pipes come from polymeric materials having a weight of advantages. The first is of course easy to install - fittings for plastic pipes allow the heating system to collect yourself. You do not need special skills or bulky expensive tool.
- Metal pipes for heating
- It's hard to argue with the merits
- Minor flaws list
- Construction of metal pipes
- Technical characteristics of Limitations
- Fittings: types, their installation rules
- Compression fittings for plastic pipes
- Press fittings for plastic pipes
Metal pipes for heating
It's hard to argue with the merits
These pipes differ excellent performance:
- Metal-plastic does not corrode.
- Very smooth inner surface prevents the deposition of salts inside the pipe. So, it is not "grows" in the operation.
- For the installation of the heating system, you can use the pipe is much smaller, which not only allows you to save, but also significantly improves the appearance of the room.
- Collect Metal-plastic piping is quite simple, any handyman fully able to do it yourself.
- Durability. Subject to the conditions of use such a tube will last more than 50 years.
- Small weight of the structure will significantly reduce the load on the foundation of the building.
- Easy cutting with minimal waste. The pipes are supplied in coils great footage, which means that with the right approach you can do entirely without trimmings.
- Ease of repair. Upon detection of any faults in the system, it is enough to "throw" water and replace one of the pipe sections. Due to the simplicity of installation, this can be done without harming the surrounding objects interior.
- Metal-is not static, and therefore does not carry stray currents.
- Such pipes do not have a linear expansion that makes it easy to hide them in a wall or concrete floor screed.
- Excellent noise reduction. This heating system does not require the installation of additional soundproofing.
Minor flaws list
It is worth noting that, along with the advantages of this material has a number of drawbacks.
- Fittings for metal pipes have a slightly narrowed section that leads to a decrease in permeability.
- The high cost of fitting determines the high cost of heating installation.
- Not resistant to thawing. If, for some reason, the heating equipment will be damaged for a long period, the water will freeze the system, which will inevitably lead to the rupture of the pipe or fittings strain.
Construction of metal pipes
Composition pipe consists of several layers.
- Inside is a layer of special plastic,made of polyethylene special modification - PEX, which has increased strength. This material is not oxidized, and the surface roughness due to only 0.004 mm, "collects" salt. The possibility of its use in heating systems due to the large heat-resistant material, it does not lose its properties even at a temperature of + 95 ° C.
- The next layer is an adhesive. The special composition with a very high adhesion to both aluminum and provides a durable plastic, a plastic compound.
- In the center of the pipe is a layer of aluminum,made by special technology, which allows the metal to buy special ductility while maintaining strength. The thickness of this layer is 0.2 - 0.3 mm.
- Then follows another layer of adhesive and an outer layer of plastic. Metal protected on both sides with polyethylene, and thus does not feel the negative impact of the environment.
Technical characteristics of Limitations
Since installation of the heating of metal-plasticpipes, pay special attention to their specifications, and more specifically, to meet these performance requirements to the pipeline, spelled out in the manual of your boiler.
- The maximum flow temperature - 95 ° C
- The allowable operating pressure at a maximum temperature of - 10 bar
- The maximum temperature permitted for a short time - 130 ° C
Fittings: types, their installation rules
To connect the individual sections of pipeapply so-called fittings. In English language the word is - fit to collect. They are used in places where it is necessary to perform bending of the pipe at a sufficiently large angle, branching or switching to another diameter. It refers fittings and valves.
If the diameter of the pipe is equal, fittingIt called direct, if carried out an increase or decrease in diameter - the transition. Most often they are made of brass, bronze or less plastic. By the method of attachment distinguish crimp and press fittings.
Compression fittings for plastic pipes
The structure consists of fitting:
- The case - must be equipped with a dielectric liner in place of the mechanical connection with the pipe. This is necessary to prevent contact with the aluminum layer of the pipe fitting metal.
- Ring - seals.
For the installation of the pipeline with the use of such fittings, you will need:
- Calibrator tube.
- Flat skimmers.
- Shears for cutting metal pipes or a hacksaw.
- Special shears or a hacksaw to cut the pipe right length.
- Clear the slice of irregularities and burrs and cut the inner chamfer Flat skimmers.
- With the calibrator attach circular hole (using a pipe scissors could slightly flattened).
- We put on the pipe ferrule. We put the fitting on the pipe so as not to damage the uplotniteli.Interesno! In order to facilitate the fitting process of planting, soak tube in place securing water.
- Now it is necessary to tighten the nut on the body with a wrench. This should be done by applying some effort, but so that the nut does not burst.
Important! Make sure that when tightening the nut ferrule is not squeezed out. In this case, you must replace the fitting immediately.
The resulting compound is very strong andreliable. But from time to time it may be necessary to tighten it. This makes it impossible to installation of plastic pipes on the compression fitting inside the wall.
Press fittings for plastic pipes
Installation of the pipeline with the use of such fittings is also fairly simple, but requires a special tool - hydraulic or manual press.
- Scissors for metal pipes.
- Flat skimmers.
- Calibrator tube.
- Manual or hydraulic press.
- Cut the pipe at right angles.
- Clear cut and chamfer.
- At the end of the tube of stainless steel wear sleeve (part of the fitting).
- Insert the fitting body into the pipe.
- Grab sleeve clamp press and keep the handle until it stops.
That's it - the connection is ready. If done correctly, this connection will last about 50 years. If you are planning to hide the heating pipes in the wall, it is necessary to use the press fittings.
The choice of mounting plastic pipesIt depends on many factors: the location of the pipeline, the technical characteristics of the boiler, and simply your desires. Not only questioned the fact that properly assembled metal-heating system will last without interruption for several decades.