Polypropylene pipes and fittings
New construction technology for installationengineering systems replace conventional pipe lines of iron and steel pipes offer a much more favorable materials - polymer. For example, for sewer networks are increasingly used PVC pipe, water pipe - plastic, for heating systems - Polypropylene pipes and fittings.
The exact name of the material sounds like a random copolymer polypropylene PPRC, type 3. This propylene polymer (prop). Pipes are also are different.
- Varieties of reinforced polypropylene pipes
- Polypropylene pipes for heating: characteristics
- Scope of polypropylene pipes
- What is polypropylene fittings?
- Diameter - significant indicator
- Heating polypropylene pipes
Varieties of reinforced polypropylene pipes
First of all, it should be noted that anyheating system, made of polymeric polypropylene pipes is made on the basis of reinforced elements. In this regard, the following types of polypropylene pipes:
- polypropylene pipes, reinforced sheetaluminum. The reinforcement may be held in the outer layer, closer to the middle or inner tube wall. aluminum sheet is solid, not continuous, corrugated;
- polypropylene pipes, reinforcedglass, which is placed in the core layer by coextrusion. It turns a sandwich: the inner layer - polypropylene, medium - glass, exterior - polypropylene again;
- polypropylene pipes, reinforced composite. In this case, the composite material is used consisting of polypropylene and fiberglass. This is done to improve the performance properties.
Polypropylene pipes for heating: characteristics
Polypropylene pipes - a great alternative to cast iron and steel counterparts. This is explained by the fact that a number of remarkable properties.
It is no secret that the polypropylene pipes for heating earned very positive reviews. The reason is simple: many advantages:
- multi-layer structure of polypropylene tubes increases durability and makes them suitable for the organization of hot and cold water;
- light weight, ease considerably simplifies the transportation to the place of work;
- easy installation;
- Polypropylene pipes unpretentious inservice, they are sealed, they do not need to paint, they do not accumulate odors, microorganisms and not subject to mineral deposits are not formed;
- Polypropylene is environmentally friendly, does not emit harmful substances, does not affect the structure of water;
- Polypropylene tubes are characterized by low flow resistance coefficient not vibrate when fluid flows through it;
- tubes do not allow stray currents, is not afraid of the damaging effects of chemical, mechanical shock and vibration, can withstand high pressure;
- the ability to withstand temperatures up to 120 degrees without loss of quality and deformation elements (for comparison, PVC pipes, the figure is 60 degrees).
Advantages of polypropylene pipes can belong list: low cost, guaranteed service life of more than 50 years, universality - here are a few advantages to the treasury of the advantages that explain the extraordinary demand for pipes made of polypropylene.
Scope of polypropylene pipes
Polypropylene pipes are characterized by the extensive application area. The remarkable properties and excellent quality parameters allow you to use them:
- in boilers;
- in hot and cold water;
- centralized heating;
- for the organization of the risers;
- in the "warm floor" systems;
- in agriculture, for waste and ground water in drainage, irrigation systems;
- manufacturing, transportation devices and compressed oxygen chemical solutions.
What is polypropylene fittings?
Speaking of polypropylene piping is not impossiblemention the fittings, which is responsible for connection of all its parts and form turns, bends and branch lines. These elements provide the most accurate docking an enabling practical implementation of any heating circuit.
This need to know! For polypropylene pipes using conventional fittings or threaded brass insert. The first water pipe communicated with polypropylene by diffusion welding, the second connecting as polypropylene, and metal pipes.
The market today offers polypropylene fittings, sizes of which vary quite widely, which makes it easy to find the right sample.
There are two types of fittings: screwed without them. Threaded fittings, in turn, are separable and complete. fitting type is selected depending on the operating conditions. For example, when you connect a counter or storage tank is conveniently detachable screw fixation, and when connecting the hose - whole.
Diameter - significant indicator
The first question that arises before the design of the pipeline from polypropylene - diameter pipes.
It is important! Diameter polypropylene pipes for heating should be selected based on the results of hydrodynamic calculation. The bottom line - to select the smallest permissible diameter of the pipe in a particular area. The calculation takes into account the operating pressure and the heating circuit of polypropylene pipes.
Diameter - the value indicating where one orother pipes must be installed. Since polypropylene pipes of large diameter (200 mm) used in the construction of facilities designed for the use of a large number of people (hospitals, saunas, hotels, department stores, entertainment centers). When individual building optimal tube 20-32 mm in diameter. They have a high capacity and easy to take the desired shape.
It is important! In general, the pipe diameter is adjusted individually, depending on the purpose of varying the heating threads.
For the system of hot water pipe gooddiameter 20 mm, for risers - 25. Has the value and type of the heating system, if central heating, it is possible to use a tube diameter of 25 mm, if the stand-alone - possible variation.
When creating a warm floor will need polypropylene pipes with a diameter not greater than 16 mm.
Heating polypropylene pipes
Heating polypropylene pipes - a process that does not require great effort and takes a minimum of time.
Requirements for components and tools
- to carry out installation work must be at a temperature of not less than 5 degrees;
- materials used must not contain any damage and contamination;
- polypropylene elements should be protected from open flame;
- threading is not allowed on the polypropylene elements;
- Prepare for polyfusion arc welder welding nozzles and special scissors for cutting pipes.
This need to know! Scissors can be replaced with a hacksaw or jigsaw. Do not forget to remove after cutting chips and burrs.
Installation of polypropylene pipes: the stages of work
Before installing the welding machine is heated to 2700 degrees temperature, that will allow to create a homogenous high quality weld.
1. Measurement of the length of pipe required. Weld pipe foil, remove the upper and middle layer to the depth of the fitting entry.
2. Clean the pipe end of the burr.
3. Mark the depth marker entering the fitting until it stops. To prevent the narrowing of the passage should leave in the gaps in the range of 1 mm between the protrusion and the end fitting.
4. Marking a marker on the surface of the fitting and the pipe, indicating the connection.
5. Nozzle tubes and fittings on the welding machine. Both parts need to warm up simultaneously.
6. As warm as the elements, connect them together on earlier made labels. Do not forget to monitor imbalances in the axial and radial direction. The suture stiffens for 10-30 seconds. This allows a small correction, if necessary.
7. The remaining components connected to the pipe in a similar manner. It is recommended to determine the order of connection in advance, so the work will go much faster.
Now that you know how to carry out installationpolypropylene pipes, you can not worry about the quality of heating because it is just perfect. Polypropylene pipes for heating system - a pledge of comfort and a warm atmosphere in your home.