setting radiators - Not an easy task as it may seemAt first glance, suggesting the presence of as theoretical knowledge and practical experience, because the slightest inaccuracy can result in service problems. If you had not had to deal with this kind of work, step by step instructions and videos will provide invaluable assistance.
- A bit of theory that you need to know
- Types of heating systems
- radiator setup sheets
- Installation of radiators with their own hands
- Battery Installation Rules
A bit of theory that you need to know
As already mentioned, quality installation of radiators is impossible without theoretical knowledge. First of all, you must have an idea of heating systems and methods for distributing batteries.
Types of heating systems
Today widely adopted two heating systems: one-pipe and two-pipe.
1. One-pipe heating system. Hot water supplied to the building, the radiators runs down from the top down. This system is implemented in almost every standard apartment. The disadvantage lies in the impossibility of adjusting the temperature without the installation of additional structural components. Moreover, such an arrangement, the water on the lower floors will be much colder than in the top.
2. Two-pipe heating system. In this case, the hot water circulated through a conduit and return pipes (ostyvshaya) - on the other. This heating system is used in cottages and private homes. The main advantage - the constancy of the temperature of heating devices and the ability to regulate temperature.
Types of heating systems
The scheme of installation of heating radiators - a way of wiring batteries or, quite simply, device connection method to a centralized network. The most common schemes:
1. Lateral connection - the most sought-after, as it helps to achieve maximum heat transfer.
Inlet pipe is joined to the upper nozzle and tapping - to the bottom. When connecting the contrary (fluid flow from the bottom) power decreases.
2. Diagonal connection optimal for long radiators. Such a method would allow the battery to heat uniformly. The feed pipe is connected to the upper nozzle on the one hand and tapping the lower - from the other.
It is important! Battery power feeding coolant decreases below 10%.
3. Bottom connection. This type of wiring is used when the heating system is hidden in the floor. Compared to lateral heat transfer efficiency in this method it is reduced by 5-15%.
Installation of radiators with their own hands
Heating radiator to be installedstrictly horizontal or slightly sloping towards the pipe. What is it for? At the end of the heating season (after draining the water), it is imperative that the battery is dry. With a minimum slope in the direction of the pipe radiator will blend completely.
It is important! Batteries placed at a height of 8 cm from the sill 10 cm - from the floor and 5 cm - from the wall.
Heating batteries involves, firstturn, processing the wall that you want to align and plastering, ie prepare for finishing. It should be taken into account during the installation of aluminum and bimetal radiators that these heating devices should be in the package until the completion of all the work and checks on the operation. Each radiator valve is installed for venting.
It is important! When tightening the valve force should not exceed 12 kg. Professionals advise to use for the control of a torque wrench, tighten the valve allowing a specific terminal.
Before fixing to the radiators need to screwradiator caps, install the gasket and plugs, thermostatic valves. Remember, when installing plugs and adapters cleaned surfaces in contact with the gaskets, it is impossible. Otherwise, the coupling element is not completely sealed, which will inevitably lead to leakage.
Brackets, which are installed on the battery,fixed to the wall by means of dowels. Permissible way when the fasteners are cemented in the pre-prepared holes technology. Hang radiator on brackets is necessary so that the hooks were between sections.
Then lower bounds battery collectors enter the brackets correctly. The spirit level, check the position of the heater, and it can be said that the installation of radiators Heating own hands completed. It only remains to connect the battery to the riser pipe and seal the seams with oakum or sealant.
Battery Installation Rules
Installation of a radiator own hands complicated by the fact that it is necessary to take into account a lot of nuances, from which will depend on the quality of work.
- purchase torque wrenches. Many of the compounds of the heating system in need of strict observance of the norms of torque. Because the water in the heating system is pressurized, a seal is insufficient, as well as excessive constriction lead to leaks. Torque tools will allow it to avoid;
- when you install the battery should be cut off the water andto pump it out of the system by a pump; think about the draining of water: there are always areas where water can not be cut off, so put the liquid container in the mounting area;
- pick up the wiring and the details in advance. The type and number of components depend not only on the wiring diagram, but also on the type of radiator;
It is important! Many, focusing on the list, get ball valves with an American, but this item is exclusively for professionals in the work with which to achieve the tightness is very difficult. You can replace them with radiator valves.
- one-pipe heating system requires a bypass - bypass coolant flow. Otherwise, when you close the valve heating system of the riser would be paralyzed;
- to prevent heat loss, can be built"Cake" from the foil and heat insulating material. The heat insulator will reduce the degree of heat penetration through the wall into the street, and the foil will reflect the desired heat in the room;
- between the radiator pipes need jumpers thatshould be placed before the valves, ie so that when switching off valves, the water held by the webs, and then directed to the riser. Failure to follow this simple rule will disable the heating of the lower floors.