Batteries (radiators) heating aluminum
Aluminum heating radiators - This is probably the most common typeradiators in Russia. They are usually put in place of cast iron batteries, which were the main radiators in the Soviet era. In many ways, the Russians are clear priorities: aluminum radiators have a number of advantages in comparison with analogues of iron, which is hopelessly outdated. Next, we elaborate on all matters relating to these heaters, will talk about how to properly carry out their installation.
- Specifications of aluminum instruments
- Feedback and evaluation specialist
- Calculating the number of sections
- How to calculate the power
- We calculate the heat given
- Recommendation - Set thermostats
- Installation of aluminum radiators
Specifications of aluminum instruments
Aluminum Radiator may be performed in 2 technical options, namely:
1. cast method. Sections of this unit is a solid, one-piece parts. They are made of aluminum alloy pressure casting.
2. extrusion: extruded profile in the press, after cooling cut on the necessary size to it are welded bottom and top parts. Sections are interconnected mechanically by means of a sealing element type or using adhesive compounds.
Alloy radiators more reliable and quality compared to extrusion. Technical characteristics of these 2 types of heating devices may vary in the following ranges:
1. The distance between the axes 350 - 500 mm
2. Maximum operating pressure: 6-16 (sometimes up to 24) ATM
3. Dimensions (height / width / depth): 380 - 590 mm / 80 mm / 81-100 mm
4. Thermal power: 82 - 212 W
5. The weight of one section: 1 - 1.47 kg
6. Maximum temperature of the coolant (usually water): 110 g. FROM
7. Water volume in 1 section: 0.25 - 0.46 l
8. Warranty: 10 - 20 years
Important! The weight of one section of high-quality aluminum radiator may not be less than one kilogram, and the weight of 10-sectional radiator can not be less than 11 kg (including connecting nipples).
Feedback and evaluation specialist
heating sphere specialists note a number of advantages of these heaters:
1. Very high heat. Aluminum given battery by radiation heat of about 50% and another half - by means of convection. Additional fins, placed inside the section, also increases heat transfer.
2. Well regulated via thermal heads, so the volume of water in them is relatively small. Using thermo-saving up to 20-30% of thermal resources.
3. Light weight. This factor significantly simplifies installation work.
4. Low price compared to all other types of modern radiators.
5. Elegant design, raznovariantnost designs.
6. Pressure (generally up to 16 bar) - the most optimal in terms of private houses and typical buildings.
The list of advantages convincingly explains why aluminum radiators are so popular and in demand among the population. But also they are characterized by certain disadvantages:
1. fragility, susceptibility to corrosion. Aluminium - active metal, so the radiators of it may be long and work effectively only if the coolant gentle composition. In particular, the composition of the coolant at pH - 7-8. Dangerous to aluminum pipes solid particles capable of destroying the protective layer inside of the unit. If the water in the heating pipes are trained, it can significantly extend the service life of the radiator.
2. The Need for periodic removal of air from the upper pipe by means of the vent valve.
3. The extruded aluminum radiators threaded connection sections - the weakest places, so they are not recommended for use in homes and industries with high pressure in the heating system.
On a note. Do not confuse aluminum radiators appliances such as copper, aluminum radiators. This is a completely new development. They are not folding structure in which the horizontally arranged copper pipes are connected to the aluminum plates, placed vertically. The cold air is drawn in such units and is heated from the bottom through the top grille. 80% of the heat it gives by means of convection.
Calculating the number of sections
For each room you need to find the optimal number of sections, based on the room area and heat transfer one section aluminum radiator.
Consider the following factors in the calculation:
- climatic conditions;
- possible heat loss;
- temperature coolant (usually water);
How to calculate the power
Power Rating 1 heating battery must be 150 watts per square meter
Thermal power aluminum panels can range 82 - 212 W depending on the model of the heater and its manufacturer.
Accordingly, if you need to warm10-meter room, for example, in a room located in the central part of Russia, it is advisable you buy 9-10-sectional radiator capacity of one section of about 100-110 watts or 5-cell power section 200 watts.
We calculate the heat given
Heat loss, which is mainly subject to residentialspace can be divided into those that occur due to heat from the withdrawal box, through walls and teplopotreri occurring towards batteries. Also keep in mind that:
- through the window may well leave (depending on the profile quality) up to 75% of the heat;
- the greatest heat loss are in the corner areas;
- in a room with 2 windows, heat loss is always more, so aluminum radiator sections should be installed there is also greater;
- if you regularly ventilate the room in the winter, take the radiator with a stock - longer sections 1-2;
- when the coolant temperature is lower than the temperature required for the room heating, it is advisable to install more sections 10-30%;
Important! When calculating the section based on the rules: the excess heat much better than failing. The winters can be unpredictable, there is a high probability of frosty winters in central Russia. Therefore, the calculation of sections of aluminum radiators is better to do with the stock.
Recommendation - Set thermostats
If the funds do not allow you to do so,try obzavestic even tap on the bypass and valve, shut off the flow of water. If you override one tap half, another close completely, this will allow you to smoothly adjust the battery heat.
Installation of aluminum radiators
Aluminium radiators are operated only in the 1and 2-pipe heating systems in which heat lines that combine heaters, are arranged vertically and horizontally. Radiators made of aluminum can be used in the pump (where forced circulation) and gravitational heating systems (where the natural circulation).
For use in the central systemsheating suitable reinforced aluminum radiators with a pressure of over 12 atm, but in stand-alone systems, they can also be used. The standard European-type radiators are suitable only for autonomous heating systems, as their operating pressure (usually 6 bar) is not sufficient for use in central systems.
Before you mount the radiator, you need to consider:
- Compliance with its technical characteristics parameters of heating mains. These data can be found out in the housing department.
- Fitting Position: under the window, on a wall bracket or a window or wall stands.
- joining method of heating conduits. They can be attached on one side and on the opposite. If you choose a one-way connection radiators, you should not unduly increase the number of sections. If you plan to use more than one radiator 12 sections, then make connection to a heat conductor pipes from different sides.
- The minimum distance from the wall - no more than 2-5 cm; from the floor - not more than 10-12 cm; from the top of the window sill or niches - 10 cm.
- The thermostat setting at the input / output of the radiators.
- Pre-washing the heating system.
Important! In single-pipe heating systems, high-rise buildings installation of thermostatic valves on radiators is prohibited in the absence of a special bridge between supply and return pipe.
The kit usually consists of a radiator:
- air release valve;
- Nipple for building sections.
1. Marking the place of installation.
2. Securing brackets to the wall.
3. Install the heat sink on the brackets: conditionally horizontal elements of the radiator heads, are located between sections of the columns should lie on the bracket.
4. Connection with radiator heat conductors equipped with eyeliner on the thermostatic valve, valve or valve.
5. Install the valve to release the air, is a stub.
Important! Each radiator is made of aluminum should be set to manual or automatic valve to release the air.
Installing aluminum radiator shouldto carry out as accurately as possible, in accordance with SNIP, in the season prior to heating. Be particularly careful of the quality of the unit connection to the pipes of a heat conductor, in order to avoid leakage of coolant.