Pipes for electrical wiring
Pipes - products, a wide range of differentapplication. They are used not only for the organization of transportation of liquid media, but also for the manufacture of a variety of designs and the implementation of electrical work. For example, PVC pipe for wiring - an important component of communications protection from damage, used increasingly. Moreover, modern fire safety standards require the use of plastic pipes is, not of metal. Why? We understand together! Content
- Types of pipes for wiring
- Steel pipes, characteristic
- Evaluation of copper pipes
- Plastic pipes for electrical wiring
- Manufacturability corrugated pipes
- installation of pipes to wiring rules
Types of pipes for wiring
The tube is designed to protect the wiring from mechanical impact and aggression of the environment. Depending on the material isolated pipes for wiring the following varieties:
Steel pipes, characteristic
The main disadvantage is that steel pipe corrosion, even staining does not always solve the problem. Installation - a laborious process that requires compliance with certain rules:
- Pipe sections should be cleaned and chamfered;
- bends must be made at an angle of 90 degrees. 2 If you want to bend the pipe length should not exceed 5 meters;
- at a bend, make sure that the cross-section of the pipe has not decreased;
- to prevent corrosion of the installation should be done with a small bias towards the distribution box;
- steel pipes for electric wiring should be part of balancing power, because as conductors, they become unnecessary electrical potential.
Evaluation of copper pipes
Copper - corrosion-resistant, plasticmaterial that is appreciated particularly for durability. Among other copper tubes for electrical wiring are installed quickly, but even these remarkable qualities are not able to maintain the popularity of the material, which in many respects plays plastic brethren.
Excellent thermal conductivity contribute to the emergence of the need to protect the cables located inside, from the extreme temperatures.
It is important! At the intersection of heating pipes and wiring distance between them should be not less than 50 mm. If the pipes are parallel, the indicator must correspond to 100 mm.
Metal pipes for electrical wiring and have other disadvantages - an impressive weight, high cost and the need for the installation of specialized equipment.
Plastic pipes for electrical wiring
Plastic pipes can be attributed to a new generation of materials that have a lot of advantages compared to the heavy metal samples.
- high chemical and corrosion resistance;
- long life (about 50 years);
- low specific weight, which facilitates transport and installation;
- there is no need to protect the wires;
- liquid accidentally gets into the tube, do not hurt her;
- flexibility of the small-diameter specimens;
- the relative cheapness;
- the possibility of installation without specialized knowledge and skills.
Features of PVC pipe
They are made of fire-retardant PVCContinuous extrusion method and are characterized by low linear expansion coefficient, rigidity and durability. Indispensable for pulling wires in concrete structures. PVC pipes are available in different sizes - from 16 to 50 mm. segments can be up to 3 meters.
Smooth pipes are focused on mechanicalprotection and additional insulation of the cable. Optimal for open ceiling wiring of noncombustible / readily flammable materials. There are many kinds of PVC pipes: Hard, smooth, reinforced corrugated. Each type has specific characteristics, causing a particular use. For example, smooth rigid pipes are used for the distribution of wires in the walls of industrial, office and residential buildings. Their main task - to create the most reliable system wiring.
The characteristics of polyethylene pipes
LDPE (low density polyethylene) Failedavailable in 30-ies of XX century. The easiest to manufacture the material soon replaced by HDPE (High Density Polyethylene). These polyethylenes differ not only in thickness and density, but also on the characteristics.
It is important! The main difference is that LDPE is sensitive to oxidation and exposure to gases. IPA also has a high water resistance and chemical resistance but low resistance to shock and is used for the organization of domestic and drinking water, as well as an insulator when laying the cable in the ground.
HDPE pipe smooth, single. They can be filled with concrete or easily mounted into the brickwork. Connection is via tees, elbows, couplings and so on.
Advantages of polyethylene pipes
- lifetime of over 50 years;
- HDPE pipe for wiring is not destroyed at low temperatures;
- pipe diameter remains constant throughout the "life" of the term, in nothing appears deposits outside is not condensed moisture;
- smooth surface that does not require painting or any other treatment;
- safe, do not emit toxic substances, working with them requires special precautions;
- light weight and affordable cost.
Manufacturability corrugated pipes
corrugating process increasesrigidity. Corrugated pipe for wiring is made of flame-retardant plastic and is a flexible duct with a circular cross-section, withstand voltage up to 1000 volts. Such pipes are a real salvation in the device of false ceilings and raised floors: elastic sleeves are indispensable for laying cables in inaccessible places, where the installation of the rigid structure is not possible.
There are also extra-heavy samples intended for embedment in concrete, cement screed.
- for sockets and switches - 20 mm;
- for lighting - 16 mm;
- for message distribution boxes and boards - 25 mm;
- for interfloor connections - 40 mm.
Advantages of corrugated pipes:
- Increased wiring insulation;
- reliable protection of cables from mechanical impact;
- no need for additional fittings;
- possibility of laying pipes at the best way (by bending);
- wires protection against fire, as pipe is made of non-combustible material.
It is important! Corrugated pipes help carry out the installation of television, computer and telephone networks. The desired diameter is selected according to the thickness of the wire and the destination device connected to it.
Easy installation - another feature of the corrugated pipe. They are light, easy to transport and, as dielectrics, do not require grounding.
installation of pipes to wiring rules
- electrical work is carried out in 2 stages. First, mark the location of the pipe ends, which are suitable to the distribution panel, power-consuming equipment, machine control, and then determine the wiring routes, attachment points, rotation angles, place boxes installation;
- Plastic pipe is bent at 100 degrees. The work should take into account the surrounding conditions. To avoid going to the moisture of the pipe should be laid with a slight slope;
- metal parts and grounded wiring vanish with a flexible copper jumper from the pipe to the body. You can use ground nuts;
- before tightening the pipe was purged, and then - aligned;
- in boxes left margin cable for connection. The compound produced exclusively in ducts, in pipes that can not be done. The resistance between the conductors and the pipe should be not less than 0.5 megohms.
Caulking is performed by the fittings and couplings. Remember, you must carry out the installation so that the wires can be removed if necessary.