Motion detectors for lighting
Today, the use of energy-saving issuestechnologies for their own needs become more urgent. To significantly reduce the cost of electricity, people use special devices, referred to as motion sensors for lighting. And how to make the right choice? And what is the purpose, the action principle of these products? Let us examine this in more detail.
- Choosing a useful device
- The principle of operation, functionality
- Opportunity and configuration tools
- Advantages of motion sensors
- Classification, scope of use
- Installing motion sensors
Choosing a useful device
For those who wish to make rational use ofresources, motion sensors are almost necessary attributes of everyday life, because when they are used to save about 50-80% of electricity consumed.
Motion sensors are appropriate everywhere, and in the corridors, andIn the closet, and on the stairs - where a person resides for a short time, or, for example, if your hands are busy. When the object appears in the coverage area, the light is switched on automatically if there is no motion for a predetermined time, the light is turned off. It is also possible to install an additional short-signal mode, which is used to activate the acoustic device, which controls the door (door bell, bell). Such a simple solution to save energy, increase comfort and ensure the safety of property.
Since the benefits are obvious, many people are eager to buy motion sensors for lighting, just do not know what parameters to guide the choice. Here is something to ponder:
- , The choice for the method of fastening, the degree of protection, built-in or mounted: it can be a street, an open shed, closed room - where the instrument will be used specifically
- Power dial equipment. This option involves installing the image sensor - to a fluorescent light, for thermos, refrigeration facilities. There are models with different power - 200V and above, depending on these parameters change installation conditions, dimensions;
- Configuration operation zone - at this stageit is important to take into account the fact that the motion sensor controls only (the main focus!) visible area. Range reduce even lightweight construction, for example, eaves, wall hanging lamp;
Important: you need to remember - the glass is an obstacle in the path of the infrared rays, respectively, controlled area decreases.
- the ability to fine tune the response timeon / off switch. This feature is most acute for large rooms where several sensors are installed on a large area, but they did not fully cover. It turns out that in such conditions it is very important human action - he should have time to get to the next sensor or time to perform some work, returning to the coverage area;
- perception angle sensor - products produced witha viewing angle of 180-360 degrees. For example, sensors perception angle 180 degrees in most cases are intended for an input-output response, mounted on a wall. If the installation is done on the ceiling, which means that the device has a full angle of view;
- formula of active and passive zones relations - setting date for offices, recreation rooms. Join the people present is faster if the alternate areas above.
Note: Some models are configured on a person's breath.
The principle of operation, functionality
Motion sensor lighting - popular,convenient product that solves various problems. Operates this unit through infrared radiation: on absorbing matrix gets programmed signal.
Most sensors work together with electricaldevices, and they can be central to the alarm system, CCTV. That is, the motion sensors are used to turn a harmless light into the entrance area to ensure home safety.
Sensor automatically registersmotions, completes the circuit and turns on the light. The main principle of work - continuous control in the surveillance zone: the appearance of a moving object changes the thermal field, it is higher than the ambient temperature.
With a special lens, called the lensFrankel, a signal to a photocell, and this causes the closure chain. The control zone sensor is triggered even for minor movements, for example, if the person sitting rocking.
Important: motion sensors are configured in a unique way - do not respond to pets, but fine feel of large objects: car, man.
Purchase of this device does not hit hard on theBudget, and will use a sizeable convenience: a man walks into a room, the sensor turns on the light, goes - the light is switched off automatically (after a specified time). You do not need to search for and switch to remember and not forget if I turn off the light, for example, in the pantry.
Opportunity and configuration tools
Managed by sensors potentsiomerami movement, three of them:
- time interval - defined period duringwhich sensor will work. Values are set in intervals of 5 seconds to 10 minutes (depending on model). This is the simplest of all the settings - you need to evaluate how often the person appears in the detection zone and set the time delay Lighting off a little more of this value (1-2 minutes). This is done to avoid permanent on / off;
- Sensitivity - the higher it is, the better the deviceresponsive to movement. If a lot of positives, desirable to reduce the sensitivity, the same goes for spontaneous inclusions. Basically, this parameter is set for 3 times. You also need to reconfigure the sensitivity depending on the time of year, for example, in the summer of the sensor is working properly, and failures occur in the winter. This is a reaction to the warm air rising from the heater;
- light level - for the right jobinstrument in the daytime. The sensor determines when movement occurs, the light level when it is below the threshold, the device is activated, if the above - does not work. Yes, it is quite logical, why in the afternoon in the room include electric lighting.
Advantages of motion sensors
- compact - installed discreetly, with absolutely no damage to the interior;
- savings there, because the light is switched on only when needed;
- convenience for owners of private houses - the sensors are mounted on the front porch, stairs, basements and storerooms: move around the house becomes very practical;
- a kind of alarm from thieves - if intruders enter a home, turned on the light, announcing that in the house of strangers.
Classification, scope of use
In fact, the original motion sensorsintended for use in the alarm system: transmit an alarm signal to the control panel. Manufacturers have gone further by developing a model, including floodlights, street lights, sirens, strength training equipment.
Motion sensors are divided into ceiling andwall. Their work is the same, only they are selected individually, depending on the installation site. Also at the present time in the landscape design plays a significant role of street lighting poles with sensors.
People understand that it is necessary to strive to save money, so widely used motion sensors for outdoor lighting. They must meet the requirements and perform a number of functions:
- Security lighting areas (cottage, garden);
- aesthetic lighting of buildings, parks;
- movement of people lighting, walking down the street.
Motion sensors that are installed on poles, differ from domestic models - they are characterized by a large angle of view. Range - 12 meters.
Infrared motion detectors are active andpassive. The first option is used to protect the perimeter of the house, the fences, and the second - in alarm systems for the protection of wide sectors, for example, the approach to the doors, security gates.
Installing motion sensors
The technical side of the installation of motion sensorsnot too complicated. But if there is no confidence in their abilities, it is better to entrust this process a professional. This instrument cable is connected to the common wiring through the house junction box. Plus, an additional installed sensors that react to changes in light intensity, they are called twilight switches. This is to ensure that the sensor is operated only in the dark.
Motion sensors myriad eachwhich performs a specific task: to illuminate the pool, run the pump fountain. When installing the sensor should take into account the dimensions of the room, the location of windows, doors, as these indicators affect the correct operation of the device.
Important: motion sensor lighting scheme is similar to the principle of the conventional circuit breaker. In both cases, it closes or opens an electrical circuit in which the lamp is connected in series.
If you want to, regardless of the lack of movementindoors, constantly working lamp in the switch circuit is added, which is connected parallel to the motion sensor. In this case, the switch duplicates the operation of the sensor means that can be operated with light force.
It is also possible that due to the peculiaritiesroom single sensor does not cover the entire area, then use the connection diagram of the two motion sensors and lights. When triggered, a sensor circuit fault occurs in the contact voltage is applied.
Rated power considered motion sensors - 500-700 W, which limits their use for large loads.
Important: In some cases, you need to connect multiple high-power light bulbs (the yard light), then it is best to take advantage of the magnetic actuator.
Motion detectors for lighting today areextremely wide application. It can be hotels, office and administrative buildings, educational institutions, sports halls, parking lots, commercial enterprises.
The feasibility of using motion sensorsconfirmed by arguments energy savings as well as convenience and practicality. Payback period depends on the total numbers of connected power lamps. But one thing is for sure, for the low-quality sensors that break down right after the installation, they will move away permanently. That is better to overpay and get a great device, you buy a defective product.