LED Street Lighting Fixtures
The world actively used energy-savingtechnologies. In 2012, Austria and Germany refused to sodium lamps, totally going to LED street lighting fixtures. The same tendency is planned in the CIS countries. LED lights are installed on the highway tunnels, railway platforms, in parks and squares, on various public and private facilities. Apply them today prefer many owners of gardens, using the elements of landscape design. After all, with their help you can not only save money, but also to create a beautiful light framing ponds and fountains, pavements, curbs and guards. With each passing year it becomes more and more aware of people holding information about this advanced electrical technology, is rapidly entering into our daily lives. If you want to join one of them and to be aware, be sure to read the material below. It will help you create a complete picture of the LED street, their device types and features of the application.
- Positive and negative aspects
- The list of compelling advantages
- Details about the number of deficiencies
- Structure and classification of instruments
- The device-specific features
- Types of LED lamps for street
- Division to establish emission color
- Organization of street LED lighting
Positive and negative aspects
Recall that under the outdoor (street lighting)implied architectural lighting and lighting of streets and roads, squares, parks, squares, gardens, open industrial facilities using appropriate (in this case, the light-emitting diode) lighting fixtures.
The list of compelling advantages
- Energy savings. Lanterns with this type of lamps consume half or even two times less electricity than normal. However, their light output power is comparable with fluorescent lamps. They do not cause overloading of grid lines, saving on their repair and maintenance.
- Durability. Service life in continuous use is 11 to 15 years, and with only the glow at night - up to 25 years.
- The strength of the structure, protection fromnegative environmental impact. Exterior lighting LED, as a rule, are not equipped with a glass bottle, which makes them highly resistant to external influences. The housing of the device is designed so that dirt, bird droppings, and debris do not accumulate water on their surfaces and impair the cooling capacity. They can be used in virtually any climatic conditions, the operating temperature range from - 60 to + 45̊ S.
- Reliability. Have anti-vandal protection.LED lights for street lighting explosion and fire, have a high contrast of light very quickly incorporated and operate silently. They have no flicker.
- The color rendition. LEDs have excellent color rendering index and color tone which can be tailored for a particular lamp application. Their optimum lighting parameters that contribute to the best concentration of motor transport drivers on the road. In addition, it is proved that their light has therapeutic properties.
- The LED lamps is practically no inertia: they have a good performance. This is a very important factor, especially important for their application in the design of traffic lights.
- This eco-friendly device. LED lamps for street lighting does not require any special disposal because they do not contain any mercury or its derivatives, as well as other harmful or toxic substances.
- Easy installation. Easy to install. On 1 lamppost 2 can be set such as a lamp.
Details about the number of deficiencies
- The disadvantages of these devices are the high price. However, despite the notable initial investment, their use results in significant cost savings in the future.
- LED Street lighting is subject tothermal degradation. To such a lamp can work normally, it needs a high quality heat dissipation. This function is performed by the substrate on which LEDs are soldered. But if they are soldered poorly, it will lead to the formation of cavities that violate heat transfer and, consequently, - damage to the lamp.
- Also, these devices are very sensitive to changesvoltage. If there is a failure in the electrical work lamp may be broken due to overheating of its body. If the body temperature and the temperature of the sealant will be equal, the device may malfunction.
- LED Street lamp may breakdue to dysfunction of electrodes that are indispensable in the construction of the device. The metal from which they are made, is subject to diffusion. If it happens, there is a great risk of metal particles falling into the scope of the semiconductor. This can lead to device failure.
Structure and classification of instruments
The device-specific features
The operation of the LED is based on the principle of light waves of radiation occurring as a result of an electrical pulse.
Street lights differ structurally fromits analogues for space. In accordance with the EMP (Rules ustr. Islands electrical) they are attached to the supports from 4 to 11 m in height, so that the light beam was directed downward. Typically, the support 1 is set 2 lamps with stainless steel brackets. Apparatus suggest the possibility of adjusting the color emission characteristics and luminous flux.
Types of LED lamps for street
Street lights with LEDs can be in the form of spotlights, flashlights, and also be represented appliances decorative street lighting (dyurafleks, Rope, rulers and grid).
1. Projectors. Industrial - set mainly on large objects. With their help illuminate the streets near the sports complexes, illuminate the facades of buildings, open spaces, parking lots and other outdoor facilities with a large territory. Small floodlights installed in backyards. They may also have a white and colored light at various angles of radiation.
2. Lanterns. Roads, highways usually large illuminated lanterns with reflectors, allows you to direct the light in different directions, and lamps up to 400 vatt.ya. On secondary roads used lights 150 - 250 watts. Garden and park areas, sidewalks, squares, yard area and gardens at night illuminated by diffuse light street lamps up to 150 watts.
3. Rope lamp looks as a transparent plastic tube or a tape with a large number of LEDs within which are disposed apart at a distance of 1.5 - 27.5 mm. This device is used for contour architectural lighting, landscape design to decorate objects (poles, trees, and so on.), Advertising lighting. The luminaires are connected by a special coupling, can be connected to a 2 x 4 channels and controller are characterized by long service life. They have varieties:
- Fixing - operate in a mode of constant illumination.
- Cheyzing - with their help made the dynamic street lighting.
- Multicheyzing - dynamic LED "luxury" class lighting.
- Chameleon - street lighting controller.
4. Dyurafleks different from other similar devices, water resistance, ease and increased flexibility that simplifies operation and installation of the luminaire. It may be fixed to any surface and in any environment. It is often used as decorative landscape lighting.
5. The line has the form of a thin flexible plastic tape with a silicone sheath, on which are mounted high-power LEDs in a vertical position. The attractive technical features are its line of low-voltage safety voltage (12 V) and a long service life. Often used as a decorative illumination advertisement.
6. Grid - a device in the form of light from LEDs in the network nodes. She is very bright, impact resistance, characterized by efficiency and ease of installation. Its pull on a rigid frame between the supports, to decorate the wall of the building or the park. It has many modifications.
Division to establish emission color
It is worth noting that LED street lights can emit light of different shades of colors, including white, the most useful and pleasing to the eye.
However, the latter is quite difficult to obtain, the methods differ. Depending on their fixtures and are classified:
- By RGB technology: in the substrate of the device are arranged blue, green and red LEDs. A definite advantage of this technology is a very strong light output and a minus - a property of light "float" as device aging.
- color mixing technology: substrate placed on the LED device capable of emitting in ultraviolet range. Next to it are applied to the red, blue and green phosphors. After mixing the colors on output is a white glow. Such lamps are inexpensive, but are quite easily damaged phosphors, resulting in a decrease illumination quality.
- Next technique consists in the fact thatBlue LED yellow phosphor is applied. On the resulting blue color attached green and red LEDs. By mixing the obtained white light. Advantages and disadvantages - like the number 2 technology.
- Technology ZnCe semiconductors: on the substrate ZnCe Semiconductor - LED is blue. As a result - we study the bluish light. Permitted work equipment at a voltage of 2.7 V. Typical resistance to electrostatic discharge. However, the battery life is low.
Organization of street LED lighting
Regardless of whether producedLED street lighting, large objects or small gardens, these works are carried out under the standard scheme, consisting of a set of measures:
1. First, it is necessary that experts made lighting project, which includes:
- calculation of luminance, illumination and other parameters in accordance with SNIP and PUE. At this stage, the location worked lamps questions, light control technology, etc.
- lighting circuit drawing;
2. According to the project chosen lighting.
3. Then, a hardware installation.
4. It is mandatory maintenance of these devices
As you can see, the choice of LED street lampsquite rich. They can effectively decorate any private ownership and while decent save. It is possible that LED technology will be the best solution to the problem is the lighting of your possessions. She definitely deserves attention, and it is obvious that in the near future its use will be widespread.