Architectural lighting - not just beautifullighting, art is a kind of trick of the light, which installs the form of facades in the original design ideas. Also with the help of illumination of facades of buildings, houses, monuments, you can create an interesting project, to emphasize the silhouette of the structure or change the usual daily appearance at night. In a word, highlighted the building certainly not go unnoticed, it will be eye-catching, and for promotional purposes like lighting - an indispensable tool.
- The origin of decorative lighting
- The versatility of the lighting of facades
- The types of architectural lighting of buildings
- Types of lamps used
The origin of decorative lighting
In fact, architectural outdoor lightingwas born in the United States after the First World War, when the prestigious area of New York, and Manhattan is literally transformed, becoming a fabulous country night with lighted castles in the air - a message appeared in 1925 in the newspaper "New York Times".
But the decorative lighting of facades in Europebuildings developed in parallel with the spread of fashion in the aesthetic design of cities. Undoubtedly, European ideas were characterized by a deep sense of style and sophistication of taste architects.
According to the German director F. Lang, who visited the US in 1924, the streets of New York turned into a flashy abyss rotating light, spinning, moving, and this is an affirmation of true happiness. Naturally, many European architects "flashy", dynamic and chaotic style of America's annoying, because in Europe clearly seen sense of proportion and the centuries-old tradition.
Until 1960, the lighting in the architecture wassecondary, but the number of ideas and solutions rapidly increased, so there was the need for the level of skill and education of the respective profile.
Modern architectural lighting is differentsome features. Firstly, the aesthetics and functionality. For example, for commercial facilities like lighting brings practical benefits - to attract attention, memorability image. Second, the issue of energy efficiency without significance because the costs and increasing rates, respectively, are also increasing. Therefore, the lamp goes and are replaced by fuel-efficient LEDs.
The versatility of the lighting of facades
Skillful use of architectural lighting canhave a great result. Plus, maybe point, colorful, contour lighting, and, if desired, can be added to the design of the speakers. Competent light designer can design an amazing building: to emphasize details that day virtually indistinguishable, and at night they become a completely different look.
Today at the disposal of specialists hugechoice of lighting tools that are easy to install, they do not spoil a holistic view of the building. During the development of the project specialists take into account all the nuances, subtleties: power, energy, connection points, mounting methods, the possibility of easy maintenance in the future safety of the use, the direction of flow. Compliance with building and health regulations is also considered.
Important: The lighting of facades of any building is designed to create a unique, luxurious and harmonious ensemble of light and architecture, which attracts attention.
It should also be noted that in latelyarchitectural lighting buildings becomes more interesting because, for example, it may vary depending on the season, by the owner, it may be either workaday holiday lighting.
The types of architectural lighting of buildings
If we talk about the basic techniques of outdoor lighting, six of them:
- general flood lighting - from the point of viewDesign is the easiest option of lighting. It is perfect for cultural objects (monuments, churches), stand-alone facilities, because the preserved majesty and holistic perception. Flood lighting is characterized by the installation of spotlights at a certain distance from the illuminated object - often they are mounted on poles. But we must take into account the fact that the light is directed at the building will pass through the window, so this type of lighting is not desirable to use for the buildings in which at night are the people: houses, business centers, hotels,
- local / area lighting - emphasisattention to the facade elements: window frames, arches, cornices, balconies, friezes. In order that the composition is harmonious, all items must be illuminated skilfully linked into a single composition. In this embodiment, architectural lighting used medium, low power lamps and lighting linear form on the basis of light-emitting diodes. It LEDs at the present time are becoming increasingly popular because they are an excellent substitute for cumbersome installations with fluorescent lamps;
- background / silhouette lighting - a kindartistic effect, allowing to achieve the image outline shape of the object, but without any details. The essence of the effect - the creation of a luminous background, that is, the silhouette of the object appears black or dark. This creates a clear, strong graphic image, and applies a similar effect to illuminate palaces with columns, theaters;
- light facades - the reception is suitable for lightingmodern buildings with fully glazed: shopping and entertainment centers, office buildings. Lighting equipment is installed indoors and is directed onto the glass - produced a variety of lighting effects: static or dynamic;
- contour lighting - a relatively new techniquewhen the contour of the building stands out with the help of linear luminaires. Such a massive implementation of contour lighting was made possible thanks to the emergence of cheap light sources - a flexible neon, LED bars. They are installed on the front of hundreds of meters, for example, they are illuminated friezes angles;
- tsvetodinamika - a very interesting lighting methodusing color synthesis, change colors within a certain time, the increase / fading brightness. But the methods of application tsvetodinamicheskih systems can be anything: and fill and accent, and silhouette. It uses a variety of tsvetodinamicheskie lighting: floodlights, LED bars, spotlights.
Note: You can also create marvelous svetograficheskie drawings, for example in the form of luminous points, lines, which change color.
Types of lamps used
Architectural and artistic lighting of facades created by using different lamps:
- spotlights - they are most often used forillumination of facades, as well as to illuminate the total area or for billboards. With the help of spotlights, you can create a diffuse, soft, spot lighting, besides halogen spotlights have a major advantage - excellent color transfer, as close to daylight. But there is a disadvantage that the rate of buildup of lamps, because they are after the heating up immediately, but only two minutes later. And restarting the lamp is possible after some time;
- fluorescent lamps - they are used forarchitectural lighting of tall buildings. With these lamps can emphasize the shape of the building or to create a light pattern. Such lighting is one of the inexpensive types;
- Neon lights - used in outdooradvertising for local illumination of complex configuration elements. The main advantage - giving a neon tube of any shape, in addition with the correct operation of the neon lights can serve for a long time;
- LEDs - the most modern type of lighting. Architectural LED lightening It is used to highlight the geometricform, but complex forms with window openings, arches, it is not very suitable. For objects of urban areas - this is the most appropriate option, besides the most economical: up to 80% when compared with halogen lamps. The color of the LEDs is incredibly rich: burgundy, green, red, orange - they absolutely can not be put next to the pale shades METALLOGENY lamps. With the help of a special device can be programmed to shades of colors, and a lot of them.
Important: LED lighting can be called exclusive, as he is known, is expensive. Lighting Projects Some buildings are estimated at hundreds of millions of dollars.
Architectural lighting demand today, the main thing to remember about electrical safety and equipment protection, well aware of the quality of fixtures.