Liana for the garden
It's nice when the garden area is growing muchuseful, beautiful and edible. Liana for the garden combine all these qualities. Moreover, these amazing plants just a godsend for fans of the original garden of landscape solutions. In addition, some types of garden vines can be safely counted among the cohort of centenarians garden - they can be a time to plant, and, then, for many years to admire the works of their hands. Want to know more about it? Read this guide.
- The benefits of perennial vines for the garden and infield
- Types of garden vines
- What to plant and plant there
- Fruiting vines with edible fruits
- Bearer decorative vines
- Beauty in its purest form
- Supports for garden vines
- Nine and a half applied lianovedeniya secrets
The benefits of perennial vines for the garden and infield
By and large, perennial vines for the garden - a real lifesaver, coming to the aid of, for example, if you want to:
- Hide unsightly construction - anydilapidated booth will change as soon as it will protect the carpet of living green. By the way, and the romantic mood created automatically, and the corner of the house, for example, to decorate with fine;
- Get a shady area - among the scorching sunand the absence of trees can safely bask in the coolness. To do this, you can do very simple - to fence isolated patch of land, literally improvised materials (strips, for example) and it uvit
- Hidden from the eyes of curious neighbor - a great alternative to a solid three-meter fences and long growing hedge will ornament of carved decorative leaves.
A little secret: if you plant a vine garden with edible fruits, it is a pleasure, not only the eyes but also the stomach.
Of course, not all at once after planting perennialswill appear in all its glory. Sometimes, it takes a year or two, and some vines will bloom full power almost a decade later. But, but, for many, many years of your garden or cottage will delight with its beauty, care which, in practice, is not required. Perennial vines - creating unpretentious, and very reverent to be treated do not require. Nevertheless, and they have their own characteristics.
Note: when selecting the vines need to pay attention to regional characteristics - it should be noted that the southern beauties not please their luxurious flowering northerners.
Types of garden vines
Curly perennials are divided into two types:
- Wood - the name it is clear that they grow like trees (and shrubs). That is, with the arrival of spring growth begins exactly at the point at which stopped last year
- Herbaceous - respectively, as well as the grass, fall die, and the next year shoots produce roots of (hops, broadleaf rank)
In turn, woody vines are:
- Frost resistance - wintering directly on supports and do not require the shelter (eg, Perfoliate Honeysuckle, Actinidia, girlish grapes);
- Nezimostoykimi - in need of annual withdrawalwith the support and the winter shelter (for example, some clematis, climbing roses). Roots poured sawdust, branches and wrapped non-woven covering materials.
A herbaceous vines in the winter can be simply cut off at the roots - in the spring, they quietly grow back again.
What to plant and plant there
Already it is clear that knowing your environment, choose the vine,meets the stated objectives, it is much easier. And because not very interesting for a long time to wait for the sea weather and half the summer to look at the naked stalks, it is absolutely indispensable to the list of fast-growing perennial vines that will delight the eye with its lush vegetation, very soon. These are the plants:
- Maiden grapes;
- Hydrangea Chereshkovaya;
- Woodbine Honeysuckle;
- Highlander Aubert;
Of course, there are others - but these will not takelong wait, and pretty quickly after planting can admire their lovely carved foliage and gorgeous blooms. What kinds of perennial vines most common in Russia the gardens? From a fairly large number of stand out the most popular and unpretentious - about them and will be discussed further. Gastronomic retreat: This article mentioned that there are vines with edible fruits. And it is logical, then, to start our review with them exactly - in fact the motto: "The more all in one, so much the better!" Is pretty good, is not it? It is always nice when a beautiful hanging branches tasty and healthy treat!
Fruiting vines with edible fruits
- Herbaceous tladianta or "Red cucumber": it is edible, a little knits mouth when unripe. After frost astringency passes, it becomes very sweet with a slight taste of cucumber.
- Actinidia: hung with delicious berries, kiwi closest relatives. The taste they resemble simultaneously gooseberries, strawberries and pineapple. The body of these berries will bring a good dose of glycosides and ascorbic acid.
- Schisandra: tart decorated with bunches of sweet and sour berries. Red hanging fruit before the frost - Treatment: they result in pressure to normal.
- Honeysuckle winding: lots of joy to the eye deep blue berries. They have healing properties and help to the following diseases:
- vitamin deficiency.
- Pumpkin decorative: has, it appears, more and edible fruits. Only there they can be extremely immature, because, when they reach maturity they strongly gorchat.
- Grapes: the benefits of its berries and say nothing! Grapes rich in glucose, vitamins, minerals and organic acids
All these vines combine many usefulproperties: they are beautiful, and have edible fruits, many of which are still healing. It is clear that for a small portion of it will just be the perfect option!
Poodonosyaschie decorative vines
Now, from the beautiful vines with edible fruitsgo to the vines with beautiful decorative fruit. Although they are not suitable to be eaten, but are a true ornament to any garden. The unusual filigree mastery of nature never ceases to amaze!
- Momordica (or "Crazy cucumber") is very original and the effect of a spreading with its spiny leaves and fruits-boxes.
- Echinocystis blade: all uvesheny small green "hedgehogs".
- Cardiospermum: plant from the children's dreams - it is completely uvesheny "balloons", which is very similar to its delicate fruit.
- Dutchman's pipe: decorate their unusual, reminiscent of cucumber fruits garden from autumn to spring.
- Bryony: so famously and provocatively strewn with small bright berries that mood will rise in any, even the most inveterate pessimist;
- Hops: Well, a lot of it is not necessary to speak. Graceful bumps among ornamental foliage attract the eye and are used by someone in the struggle with insomnia, and someone - just in the fight (with a dull reality, for example)
These plants makes sense to put, if you have enough land area. Enough to be able to grow plants separately to the delight of the stomach and to delight the eye.
Beauty in its purest form
And now, just list the beautiful vines, valued for the beauty of their leaves and flowers:
- Maiden grapes: vine, reaching a height of 7-storey building! Peerless colorful leaves striking crimson
- shades of autumn with the onset of the pores;
- Honeysuckle Perfoliate: fragrant blooms in early summer, and then pleases decorative red berries;
- Clematis: perennial vine with gorgeous flowering - the variety of their colors simply delighted! Clematis feature that some varieties are dendritic, some - herbaceous. Accordingly, on this basis, selected care in winter
Whew! The head may begin to spin on a variety of types, colors, fruits and flavors of these wonderful plants! A little rested and sipped tea, breath, beauty intercepted vines, and talk about that, in fact, gave the name of the species.
Supports for garden vines
Liana - climber requiring support. It turns out that the support may also be different, and the composition of the material from which they are made, too much depends. Many herbaceous vines in suitable simple grid (if you want a luxurious green carpet interweave some surface) or a stretched cord (if you want to let some rays) as a support. With woody vines situation is more serious. Many of them "put on weight" in the process of growth, which will break the flimsy support in a jiffy. Therefore, here is it will be about structures wood or metal. It would seem - metal supports are the ideal option. They:
Would like to emphasize the last point - because some lace carved from metal obtained in the hands of craftsmen, blacksmiths, say no!
Important! Not all the vines suffer their neighborhood metallic helpers! Metal winter freezes, and many vines simply can not tolerate such an icy neighborhood. To prevent such trouble in cold weather shoots of climbing plants need to remove the supports.
Accordingly, the wooden support suchlack deprived. Warm natural wood will brighten winter depression vines, but carved filigree of lace, which can exhibit forged metal supports, of course, will have to forget. Support from a tree commonly called a pergola and the grille is desired area on which the tender shoots will curl
Now, by type of vines, its purpose and giving it support, let's move, in fact, a growing technology.
Nine and a half applied lianovedeniya secrets
- The main thing - the right to decide on whether to continue to grow vine at a selected location or a temporary option. On this will depend a lot.
- Illumination is important in choosing the landing site - there are light-loving vines, and there are shade-tolerant.
- The best material for the landing - not seeds, and seedlings, and, young - no older than four years. The main thing - that they are not imported and grown in local nurseries, regionalized.
- Time of disembarkation seedlings - spring / autumn. Heat-loving species is recommended to plant in the spring, during the summer the plant to adapt to the conditions and gain strength.
- The ground for most climbers need fertile, acidity - slightly acid, and the landing place - protected from the wind and sun.
- If the vines are planted near the building, the pits for planting should be done is not very close walls, because, otherwise, the water will become numb under irrigation under the foundation.
- Supports should be placed before the vines are planted. Moreover, the design must be strong, because under wind and snow plants need good support.
- Perennial vines for lush and abundant flowering requires timely and proper pruning.
- Some vines (Clematis, for example) need toinsulate before hibernation. First you need to cut the shoots, leaving only a skeletal branches (ie, central). Then you need to bend them, sprinkle on top of the ground and hide or spruce branches, or cover material
So, knowing these simple wisdom oftatty cuttings, forlornly stuck in the bare earth, pretty soon you can get a luxury and breathtaking jungle in your own garden. If this article has helped in this, that it was written not in vain!