Fruit bushes - currants, raspberries,gooseberry, sea buckthorn - in need of pruning. This procedure stimulates the growth of new branches, improves the quality and quantity of fruit. How to make a crop, without damaging the bush, and there are some features of the procedure, you will learn from this article.
- About pruners and not only
- vitamin currants
- When the crop
- How to make the correct procedure
- Useful buckthorn
- Medical raspberries
- Prickly gooseberry
About pruners and not only
Pruning fruit bushes carried outusing these tools: garden saws (with special sharpening pruning), pruners, loppers. serviceable tool secret is simple, we must always ensure that the nut was podkruchena, spring and oiled and sharpened cutting edge (one side only). After work, wipe with a soft dry cloth.
- Saw or shears must be sharp. Only this tool makes a smooth, clean cut. The clean cut, the faster the healing on the "wound" the tree after the "surgery".
- Observe the secateurs. The blade should be placed toward the part of the branch, which will remain on the bush. Rana smeared garden pitch, if its diameter is 2 cm or more.
- If you cut out a large escape, divide it into parts, it will be easier to remove it from the bush, and you do not damage the small twigs and buds.
Currants wakes up early in the spring. As soon as the snow melts from the ground, her swollen buds and sap flow begins. That is why the best time for pruning currant is considered late autumn. In early November, Bush is already dormant.
When the crop
zero-order branch - is shoots that aredirectly from the root of the land. This is the most valuable and productive branches. such branches length should be 30-40 cm. It is possible to collect from them the highest quality and abundant harvest. Escape - a branch that has grown during the last summer. In winter shoots shed their leaves, and the next year is already full-fledged branch. In the zero-order stem has a branch - a branch of the first order. Stems from a second-order branches depart third order. There are also fruit shoots.
When planting currant bushes are cut mostweak branches at their base, the other shoots - 3-4 buds. In the autumn pruning should strive to ensure that the zero-order shoots and branches in currants was 15-20.
In the first two years, there is a rapid growth of the plant. From 3 to 5 years, growth is slowing down, while the yield from 5-year-olds branches bare. At zero annual branches much more fruit and growth buds.
Pruning of fruit trees and shrubs is done to maintain the bush in a normal sanitary condition and to stimulate the growth of zero and first order shoots branches.
Peg-top-buoy shoots - it sprouts, which are directed upwards sharply, and they thicken the crown. They have a lot of fruit formation, but such branches crop yield is only 1-2 years.
How to make the correct procedure
- Get rid of lying, dry, old and mossy branches.
- Fruit and berry bushes can be thickened, leave only the strongest branches with lots of buds.
- Dark-brown bark, light green buds - signs of the young branches. The cut young branches - white, the slice of the old - brown.
- Do not leave the stumps. Cut the branches as close as possible to the ground. It stimulates the bush to the forcing of new branches. If the threads are interwoven, the excess branch should be cut in pieces.
Pobegoobrazovatelnaya ability and probudimostkidney affect the amount of crop. To call an early awakening shoots can be cut at the branch length from 1/3 to half of the shoot - a welcome autumn shortening the shoots, it helps to bring about an improvement of branching.
The leaves are formed in the light necessary forplant nutrients that are transmitted on the trunk of the roots. Roots, in turn, give shoots from soil minerals. The more glucose is produced in the leaves, the more nutrients the roots of the shrub land transfer, the higher the quality of the crop. Bush bears fruit also on small twigs and buketnye short annuals.
In the summer of currants are not pruned. Currants over 15 years to rejuvenate it makes no sense, it should be removed. In its place, plant new bushes.
The bush is dioecious, that is, there are male and female plants. For pollination of 4 female trees thrown one man.
- When planting immediately cut off the tip (5-10 cm).
- As the growth of the tree need to ensure that the tops of the shoots do not overlap, do not rub against each other.
- One trunk do not do a lot of wounds.
- If the plant grows quickly, occasionally cut the end of the tip to hold back growth.
- The adult plants prune the upper branches with a lateral branching.
At sea buckthorn powerful, well-developed rootshoots. When the plant reaches the age of 15, his dig, and instead leave one escape from the undergrowth. To the roots do not spread through the garden in the ground digged roofing, slate and more. N.
The life of 2 years shrub branches. In the first year grow sprouts, and they bear fruit in the second year. In autumn, when the season will take place fruiting, old branches are removed, cutting them at the base. At the branches, which should be removed, the bark of a dark, dry. Old branches can be cut and early spring, the bushes was delayed to more snow.
For better kidney probudimosti can be cuttips of shoots - 3-4 cm (not remontant raspberries). In remontant varieties of this crop does not do, such as the harvest of raspberries collected in the upper part of the stems.
In the process of planting bush leave 15-20 shoots per meter, with a belt method - 10-20 shoots.
Gooseberries on features of growth and fruitingEuropean shares macrocarpa (probudimost kidneys and ability pobegoobrazovatelnaya average) and the US Small berried (kidney probudimost average ability and good pobegoobrazovatelnaya). There are also hybrids (especially growth and fruiting may vary depending on the variety).
The lifetime of zero branches gooseberry: 10-12 years. When planting a sapling each branch is cut to 2-4 buds.
To rejuvenate the bush, you can use the translation of the old branch to the younger. At the same time a young branch closer to the ground is, the better. Spring crop ends of the stems before the first buds.
Shrub forms numerous basal branches, withpruning leaves 10-12. Twisted covered with lichen, weak, underdeveloped branches are cut at the base. Side translation is used for imparting the desired shape, and for tree improvement.
Saplings of fruit trees and bushes, if you do not perform their crop may in the short term much overgrown. This leads to darkening of the bush and reduce productivity.
If you want to land at his dacha southfruit bushes, and still live in the middle band, do not count on high yield. Choose fruit trees and shrubs that will feel comfortable in your climate. They will delight you with a great harvest, if timely watering, fertilizing and crop.