What attracted us to the Alpine hills? His originality! After all, they constitute the foundation stones that one to always do not look like the other! They usually have a solid size and irregular shape. The role of the stones as a landscape element is huge, but not paramount. A well-chosen colors for alpine slide - that is what is the main focus.
- We are planning a future rock garden
- Choosing plants
- Popular conifers
- Deciduous plants
- Create a basis for the alpine slide
Rock gardens are always a large area and height(1.3 meters). There is an opportunity to express their imagination and create something special and amazing. If you do not wish to entrust this work to a company that is engaged in gardening, our tips will help you create the alpine hill on their own.
We are planning a future rock garden
The question is, which plants will be able to decorate youralpine slide, rather complicated. It also includes other issues. For example, how to ensure that it is happy with its flowering most of the year? What kind of paint should dominate? What size are the plants? This is only a small part of the questions that arise from the gardeners, creating this landscape masterpiece.
As life shows, desperate situations do notexist! We will also find answers to the above questions. They will determine the choice of the most suitable plants for your slides. Thus, we begin to think and act!
- First of all, imagine what colors should be a slide, that it is in harmony with the overall style of your site, including buildings located on it, and other elements.
- Now depict on paper a rough plan of the rocky garden. To make it easier to introduce colors, paint over some parts of the selected colors.
- After that, we start choosing plants for the alpine slide. We pay attention to their size and the vital needs - the ratio of the light required composition of the soil, water consumption, etc.
It is important that the plant drew attentionIt looked favorably on a background of stones. Here prefer dwarf conifer cultures that most of the year are rich green color and fine elegant shrubs, flowering in spring and richly studded with catchy fruits in autumn. Thanks to them, the rock garden takes on the desired shape and structure. Rich colored inks, it will delight you with almost all year round. Let us examine this in more detail.
- Juniper. It is undemanding plant, which has a conical shape and dense foliage of bright green.
- Dwarf spruce. They have a lot of colors - from bright green spruce up blue seaside beauty. Good tolerate lack of moisture.
- Tui. It has the form of a bush. If growing in a sunny spot, the leaves turn reddish-auburn shade.
- Cypress. View this plant very original - the golden tip and a dark green base.
For deciduous plants look more complicated thanfor coniferous cultures. Try to avoid the species in which the leaves are falling. So you save yourself from the hassle of additional cleaning of leaves. If you leave it, it will not only spoil the appearance of an alpine slide, but also badly affect the other colors. Therefore, prefer evergreen specimens, which include:
- Cotoneaster horizontal. Thick branches of dark green bush in autumn takes on a reddish hue. During flowering pleases beauty of pink and white flowers on the spot where the fall there are red and black fruits.
- Iberis. This subshrub plants can enjoy throughout the season. His white, purple and pink flowers are joined in clusters umbrella. Fruits are formed in the form of pods.
- Dryad. Flowering time of this small shrub - July-August. To him attract large flashy white flowers. Original fruit like a fluffy ball.
To achieve the greatest decorativethe effect is properly planted ornamental plants. Shrubs and conifers should be planted one by one, placing them in different parts of the alpine slide. Are placed between them, which relate to low-growing species.
So we figured out how to deal with a relatively large plants. Now pay attention to the rest of the rock garden.
Create a basis for the alpine slide
Classic plants are for herperennial crops, which cover the ground. They are called "carpet", creeping, low-growing, fast-growing plants. They look so attractive on the background of rocks and delight with its colors. Flowers for the alpine slides, photos of which you can see on the Internet, from early spring until late fall look very picturesque. Their main representatives are the following plants:
- Carnation short stature. This diminutive richly blooming flower is known for its ruggedness. It tolerates sunny open space. Its narrow leaves are grayish blue-green color, interwoven with each other, form a thick cushion on which adorn the attractive flowers.
- Alyssum rock. Grey-green leaves of this perennial is often transferred to winter frosts and remain green all year round. Inflorescence-panicle composed of small bright yellow flowers. Flowers require well-drained soil and plenty of sunlight.
- Youth. The flowers of this perennial fleshy different shades of variety. Flower rosette can be yellow, green, burgundy, silver, pink. Some species can change the color of the leaves, depending on the season.
- Saxifrage. For the rock garden is a plant considered mandatory. Large colonies of rosettes form dense cushions colors. White, pink and yellow, they have the right shape in the form of five petals or stars. Flowering occurs from May to August.
Do not forget the onion and klubnelukovichnyhcultures - snowdrops, hionodoksah, late tulips, Pushkin, ornithogalum, autumn crocus and crocus. dolgotsvetuschie plants suited to create a bright background. It is a poppy Atlantic, Carpathian bell, etc.
By applying these tips, you will create an alpine slide, which will sparkle with colors of early spring to frost the most. We wish you get joy and pleasure from your work performance!