What kind of flowers to plant in the garden
Want to decorate your Croftbeds and flower beds, but do not know where to start? Tips experienced gardeners and secrets specialists in landscape design can help you decide so, what kind of flowers to plant in the country.
- The main criteria for selecting flowering plants for the garden
- What kind of flowers to plant in the garden: the beauty on one summer
- Top 5 summer annuals
- Dvuhletniki for beds and not only
- Perennials as the decoration of your garden
- Design flower beds in the area
- Flower decoration area: secrets and variants of disposition of plants
- Arrangement of flower beds at the cottage
The main criteria for selecting flowering plants for the garden
- Personal taste preferences
There are plenty of optionsYour gardening area. You can create a flower from a plant in a single color, or play in contrasts. Even beginner gardeners afford to portray different patterns in the flowerbed. In addition, experienced amateur gardeners and specialists in landscape design are advised not to forget the reception called creative chaos.
- Features colors lifecycle
To infield lookedattractive for a long period, carefully read the information about the period of flowering, size, timing of falling off foliage plants that you plan to use to create living compositions.
- The dimensions and structure of flowers, leaves and stems of
Fans of dense thickets will appreciateVolzhanka and black cohosh. To form a flower carpet is better to use chickweed or zhivuchka. Please note that the iris and yarrow form dense bushes and geraniums and sage look more loose. When you create a flower garden, try to keep the species balance and a harmonious blend of vegetation.
- Unpretentious and easy to care for
Ideal for garden flowers do not need frequent watering, fertilize and tie. They should be easy to endure drought, torrential rains and other natural phenomena.
If you have small children and curious pets, refuse landing the lily family of plants. Tubers of these colors are very poisonous.
What kind of flowers to plant in the garden: the beauty on one summer
Plants whose life cycle lasts oneseason is often called flower beds. Plant them fairly easy, but the process must be repeated annually. In addition, annuals require careful maintenance. When choosing seeds of annual crops for the garden should be considered:
- decorative properties of plants;
- Illumination landing site;
- the composition portion of the soil;
- especially their growth and flowering.
It should be noted that in most casesflower beds flowers grow best in full sun. The exceptions are some varieties that prefer lightly shaded habitat. Wet soil is fertile - a great place for a flower garden of marigolds or calendula. In alkaline soil it is recommended to plant nasturtium and petunia.
Top 5 summer annuals
Despite the fact that distinguished these 60 kinds of colors are considered the most common varieties of only three of them:
- fine leaved;
Simple, double and semi-double flowers of marigold are monochromatic or two-tone. The color palette of the plant stands out for its variety (from yellow to maroon).
These annual flowers are beautiful, unpretentious andvaried. They are grown seedlings and nonseedlings way. They are resistant to frost and drought. The most famous varieties of asters: Southern Night, Versailles, Fontainebleau, Iris, white-haired lady, Winter Cherry. They are pleased with their flowering from mid-summer until the first frost.
Tall drought-resistant and cold-resistantannual crops. Inflorescence - simple and double white daisies, pink or crimson. Decorative leaves cosmos reminiscent of delicate lace. The plant is sown in open ground in mid-spring. The main condition for the growth and flowering cosmos - an abundance of sunlight.
This unusually colorful plant has a wide range of bright colors. There are three main varieties of zinnias:
The plants are not subject to a wide range of diseases, is not attractive to pests. For zinnias characterized by long flowering period in group plantings.
Inferior to the above floral cropsdue to the fastidiousness of care. It is very popular with gardeners because of the huge number of colors. Petunias are planted in pots or in open ground. They need sun and regular watering.
Dvuhletniki for beds and not only
Decorative value of biennial flowersIt appears in the second year of life. In the first year after planting, they are actively growing and developing, strengthening their root system. After wintering in the two-year flowering shoots appear. Plants in bloom, the seeds are formed.
Biennial flower of culture is very ornate andquite unpretentious. They are sown in open ground in mid-summer. Experienced growers seeded dvuhletniki from year to year. This makes it possible to maintain the continuity of flowering. In addition, most breed self-seeding plants well. The family dvuhletnikov include:
- pansies and others.
These colors can be combined with perennials and annuals in the flowerbeds, in containers and bouquets.
Perennials as the decoration of your garden
The duration of the life cycle of many yearsflower seeds is calculated in years and sometimes even decades. The range of these unpretentious in the care of colors is huge. Flowering perennials are classified according to the following criteria: a method of hibernation:
- cold-resistant (periwinkle, yucca, peonies, irises);
- thermophilic (dahlias, lilies, gladioli).
- photophilic (carnations, poppies, delphiniums);
- Shade (lily of the valley, violet);
- shade-tolerant (chrysanthemums, irises, phlox).
- Tall (decorative sunflowers, rue, the stem-rose);
- sredneroslye (yarrow, peonies, cornflowers);
- undersized (geranium, sage).
Note! High culture are considered higher than 80 cm, average - from 30 cm to 80 cm, and the lowest - up to 30 cm.
Perennial flowers can grow in different ways: tubers, bulbs, cuttings, rhizomes, division of the bushes, and even seeds. Caring for perennials include:
- Soil mulching;
- regular watering;
- removal of dried flowers;
- timely rejuvenation of plants.
Design flower beds in the area
Flower decoration area: secrets and variants of disposition of plants
Decorate flower gardening area, you can own. Use the basic techniques of placement of flowering plants from the experts on landscape design.
- Ridges. It is a wide floral stripes running along the paths. Formed of one or more crops.
- Border. It looks like a narrow strip of uniform stunted plants.
- Arabesque. These patterns of flowers, made in Arabic style, is very difficult to establish and maintain in good condition.
- Mixborders. Flower garden with a complex composition, which allows you to watch it bloom throughout the season. Its members include the dwarf trees, shrubs, herbaceous plants and vases, as well as ornamental grasses.
- Array. A huge cluster of flowering plants of various shapes and types.
- Tapeworm. It used mainly for large-scale planting of ornamental perennial flowering plants. Located separately from other garden objects.
- Herbal plastic. This technique is like creative individuals. For him, you will need a metal frame, a little imagination and patience to grow it carpet vegetation.
- Container garden. It will help to decorate the cottage or apartment balcony usual using flowers in pots. This garden has a high mobility. He is able not only to decorate all around, but also successfully used to mask any cosmetic defects of your site.
Before creating a new flower bed sketch out its planon paper. It is worth noting that the tall plants are better placed closer to the flower bed cent. As you approach the edge of the clubs vegetation growth should decrease. For complete filling flower garden large enough to plant 3, 7 medium and not more than 55 carpet or ground cover.
Arrangement of flower beds at the cottage
As you can see, there are many ways to decorate your flower gardening area. Try your hand at horticulture - you will not regret! Enjoy the beauty and the process of its creation!