Natural stone rocks were at all timesthe bedrock of any construction. Marble, granite, limestone and sandstone and today remain the most popular building materials. Sophisticated styling natural stone able to decorate the walls of houses and foundations to help build ponds and paths in the areas. This is a great way to decorate fences and curbs, fences. Knowing the basic laws it can be quickly and cost a minimum ennoble any building, to create a simple, but effective architectural mini-object sculpture.
- working techniques
- The nuances of laying
- Basic principles
Not less popular dueimprovement of manufacturing technologies are artificial analogues - laying artificial stone simplifies the process of decorating, because it usually has a regular shape, in contrast to the wild stones. However, the artificial stone is equally impressive aesthetic qualities, and in the issue of the strength and durability will probably be more practical and wild stone.
Whatever it was, and she and the other kindstone used for decorative purposes. Laying decorative stone of any origin (if tried on its creation nature for millions of years, or is it a product of creativity stonecutters in any shop with modern equipment) - the process simple. If you have any idea on how should undergo finishing work, the task will be to you on the shoulder.
Before deciding to use at leastartificial, though wild stone in the building of note that both of these species are mostly used for cladding, finishing works, but not for a full-fledged construction. Artificial stones are made of granite, agglomerate and cement mortars - the strength of these materials is high, but still not sufficient to withstand the load of the building, consider this. Landscape design, decoration of buildings - that's where the laying of decorative stones will be in place and will not disappoint you later.
Technology laying natural stone and itssynthetic analogues, if the source material has a regular geometric shape, a process identical brick masonry. The process is carried out either on the basis of fastening solutions, or so-called "dry". Hence, the two technologies:
- "Dry" method. To improve the density and reliability of the masonry in which case the gaps between the stones filled with earth, clay or mixtures fastening. Most often, this method is used when laying curb stone, for processing low fences and fences, as the strength of the heaps of stones is not sufficient for a high altitude - design can get very unstable. Looks but such a connection is very texturally and effectively. With irregularly shaped stones, this technology is an order of magnitude more difficult to implement, since it is very easy to adjust different from each other in thickness, density and height units.
- "Wet" laying stone and artificialpebbles durable and effective for the construction of structures of any height and shape. It is especially good for building a solid monolithic structures. This method requires careful fitting of units to each other - binders fill in the gaps, firmly connecting the stones with each other and allowing to achieve the ideal form of construction. Equally well for both artificial stones and for wild species.
The nuances of laying
When dealing with rough stones that are irregular, ragged shape and fluctuating thickness, it is important to calculate the load:
- For facing vertical surfaces (facades, fencing foundations, walls) using stones 1-2 cm thick.
- For the arrangement area (trails, trotuarchiki, etc.) would be enough stones in the thickness of 2-2.5 cm.
- If you carpeted stone platform on which is planned to place the ponderous machinery, pick up stones with a thickness of 4 cm.
To trim the vertical planes stonessorted according to weight and size: the largest installed in the base, the lower ranks. Also for cladding corner sections and wall decoration intersection take poprochnee stones. Also make sure that the next series of horizontal joints were slightly offset - to the connection between the stones do not coincide in all rows (working on the principle of placing the bricks). So your coverage will be stronger and sturdier.
Make sure that the solution was a bit of asurplus, Retractable boulders in it with the help of a hammer-cam. Compacted stones, let excess cement - or any other solution that decide to use - to spread on vertical seams between them. If a gap is formed between the large units, fill them with stones smaller or even gravel, broken.
Council. If carelessness or shed a solution of a binder mixture on the face of the already-laid stone, do not rush to wipe them with a damp sponge immediately. So you just fill the pores of rock solution, and this spot nothing can be done. Wait until the mixture is dry, and scrape it with a spatula, erasing the liberated surface with a dry cloth.
Also, do not forget to turn to lay the stretcherbonder and stones - all on the same principle as laying bricks - this eliminates the need to precisely fit different-sized boulders and save a lot of time.
To your facing surface maintains the aesthetics and attractiveness, follow the simple principles of working with stone, and your coverage will serve faithfully for many years:
1. Do not engage in improvisation - its fruits do not always correspond to your idea of how it will look like in practice. Be sure to pre-think over its image masonry, laying of natural stone does not tolerate fuss: Consider alternate dimensions, light and dark boulders, perhaps patterns that you want to achieve.
2. Typically, decorative stones are placed, starting from the upper ranks - this will avoid getting solution on the front surface of the previous, already packed rows of stones. But, as we already know, the cleaning is not very amenable to easy.
3. The adhesive or grout and apply to the base, and on the back side of the unit, it is important - so get cladding whole, its separate pieces do not will fall in a few months.
4. Be sure to align and degrease the surface which is going to stoning. It must be free of dust, stain, foreign materials and objects.
5. Once all the pebbles stacked, cover your creation or protective ground hydrophobizator - will be stronger, will stay longer.
As you can see, special difficulties during installation of both wild and artificial stones there. The main thing - the sequence, a spark of imagination and a little patience.