A plot of land, located at an angle,prone to soil erosion. Large-scale slopes pose a threat to human life, as they can be landslides and soil displacement. ponds and ravines surface Beach mobile, if under the top layer of the soil is clay. To avoid the destruction of the soil will help to strengthen the slopes.
- Ways to strengthen the slopes
- Steps to strengthen the slope
- What to do in areas of strong gradients
Ways to strengthen the slopes
- Planting trees with extensive rootsystem. The method is effective for grades up to 8%. Trees can be planted in the cell reinforcing structures. The roots are intertwined with fastenings form reliable protection against destructive processes. In this way, not only can prevent soil erosion and landslides. Within the garden slope Planted quince, cotoneaster, elderberry, barberry, dog rose, climbing roses - singly or in groups, but not too close to each other.
Hedges of willow can also be a means of combating erosion. Cut willow branches (about 70 cm long). Put them on the perimeter of the slope crosswise abundantly pour future trees.
- Strengthening of reinforcing elements. Rocks, logs, geogrids, biomaty implanted into the ground to create the frame and secure the anchor bolts.
- Terracing - the creation of retaining walls.This method was quite popular in Europe in the past century. Retaining walls are not only durable and easy, they serve as a kind of garden decor. For a small slope erected backup up to 0.5 meters high. From the slope of the soil layer is removed, and then put the drainage and flat stones along the hills. If the height of the slope is greater than 0.5 m in the base of the slope lay the foundation, and then to concrete blocks or natural stones. The base should really be strong, in fact it gives stability and prevents destruction. To the base does not accumulate water, you need to take care of drainage. To build a retaining wall, it is necessary to develop the project and choose the right material.
- Brick walls are laid so that the vertical joints of one row does not coincide with the seams in the parent and child rows.
- Decorative wall looks like natural stone. Place the stones of various sizes (please fill in the gaps between the ground, later they can be planted plants) against each other.
- The concrete wall is connected to the metal, and then is coated with artificial or natural stone.
- Wooden props, though less durable, but attractive enough and can be used in the garden or in the park.
- Blocks made of artificial stone is often used for retaining walls. Of these, you can also build a barbecue, pergolas, containers for flowers.
- Slope - the perfect place for a rock garden. Note, however, that the pebble garden need regular watering. Construct ledges at the base of the slope, the soil layer is not washed out.
It is interesting
- Erosion is called the destruction of rocks and meltrainwater. As a result of this process are formed such irregularities as beams, valleys and ravines. If there is continuous erosion of the overall decrease in area with respect to the world's oceans.
- Ground cover plants (periwinkle, Grandiflora St. John's wort, ivy, sunflower, chickweed woolly) are also useful in terms of strengthening the soil.
- The destruction of the soil can be caused by unsustainable economic activities such as logging, coal mining open pit.
Steps to strengthen the slope
- Calculation of the total pressure of the soil. Design engineers inspect the hill, choose the best option to strengthen.
- Depending on the angle of inclination of the slope, proximity groundwater, soil composition, and other factors selected reinforcing material.
- Specialists determine the impact zone and the type of anchor.
What to do in areas of strong gradients
Slopes up to 15% need to be strengthened withbiomatov and geogrids. Special grids and gabion structures are used when working with clay and rocky slopes. Ceramic blocks, logs, large rocks buried deep. If the slope after the rain flows down a lot of water between the logs or stones set the tray for water drainage. At the base of a larger stones than the top of the hill. For a slope angle more than 60 ° stones cement plant. After backfilling sand set gutter.
Geotextile - modern reinforcing material,which is moisture, prevents soil erosion processes, prevents it slipping. It is not visible from the lawn, so is suitable for any style of garden. The material is a reliable protection of the soil from frost. Geotextile non-toxic, durable, durable, resistant to chemical irritants. In the land it does not rot, can not be exposed to moldy fungi.
Laying geogrid geogrid and does not requirespecialized knowledge and skills. This material is covered slopes at an angle up to 60 °. First, dig a layer of soil about 50 cm thick, then laid geotextile, pour it on top of the gravel, then again there is a layer of geogrid. After all it is poured layer of sand and a layer of paving. Ends laying decorative stone or tile. The edges of the geotextile, which overlap, connect metal or wooden brackets (20 cm long). Absorb reinforcing material should be filled immediately after placement, otherwise the wind could carry him.
These polymer waterproof design. In its structure, they look like a loofah, a plurality of voids inside them. The main function of Geomat - to consolidate the plant roots in the soil, to prevent soil degradation. Geomat can be sown with grass or filled bitumen, in any case, it creates a sound system. The material is non-toxic, simple to install, can withstand wide temperature range: from 30 ° C to 100 ° C.
Before laying Geomat slope leveled, andRollers surface. Then create grooves for water drainage and digging a trench (30 cm) anchor. Fabrics are laid with the smooth side down. In the transverse direction of the upper layer overlap at the bottom should be approximately 20 cm in the longitudinal direction -.. When about 15 cm 2 requires an average inclination of the anchor to the surface of 1 m2, with a strong inclination establish additional bolts every two feet.
So, the choice of method of strengthening the influence of the slope,especially its angle. Accordingly, the slope strengthen trees, retaining walls, or reinforcing structures. And you can just arrange on this site alpine hill. Which option to choose - you decide!