What kind of aquatic plants for the pond should choose
Creating an artificial pond - a favoritereception in the landscape design. Water surface diversifies view adjusts for relaxation, satisfies the need for contemplation. However, any water feature will look dull and monotonous, if it is not living inhabitants. In addition, the creation of a closed biological system will greatly facilitate care, thanks to the natural cycle of matter. Plants Pond necessary it is important to them to choose the right, planted and well maintained in a healthy state.
- Classification of aquatic flora
- Best Plants for the Pond
- The procedure for settling pond
- Caring for the body of water
Classification of aquatic flora
Aquatic plants are classified according toconditions of their habitat. With this index linked, and many of their biological characteristics, as well as a role in the ecosystem of the pond. Under a deep understanding plant root system which is less than 30 cm from the surface of the water. The group brings together the floating plants, moving freely in the water column is obtained directly from it nutrients and do not require rooting.
Coastal plants are called, not submergedmore than 30 cm, the shoots which are usually located above the water surface, and which form a group, the actual transition from the ground to the aquatic plants. Moreover, the category-specific isolated oxygenators plants characterized by an increased ability to saturation of water with oxygen.
Best Plants for the Pond
Water and coastal flora of the northern latitudes is not sotoo diverse, and because of this, for each of these plant habitats know quite a lot. Therefore, the creation of a living decoration for the pond has a better chance of success. It is convenient to use cold-resistant plants freshwater, aquarium inhabitants will fall in the first winter, if you do not clean them in a warm room.
Here are several genera of plants that thrive in conditions of northern latitudes:
- Water lily. These luxurious deep plant with large white flowers and round floating leaves, commonly known as lilies, will be a real decoration of any body of water. They are planted in containers filled with peat mixture with sand, leaving a kidney is placed on the surface and in shallow water, as these light-requiring plants. After the appearance of leaves on a surface, the container is moved to the middle of the reservoir, a depth of 30-100 cm depending on the type and grade. To board only when the water is heated to a temperature of not less than 8 ° C.
- A good pair of lily make Potbelly - another conventional plant north of flora with bright yellow flowers.
- Water hyacinth. This floating plant will decorate the pond from June until the first frost, which is very sensitive. In winter, the plant should be kept in an aquarium, but these efforts will be compensated by the ability to purify water hyacinth from organic impurities.
- Lovers of the exotic can be taken as a plantfor decorative pond floating fern azolla. It is true in the winter it will also have to remove to a warm place, because it is a plant native to tropical America. In addition, azolla very quickly grows, and it will have to be removed regularly, but these surpluses can be used to produce high-quality fertilizer: azolla extremely rich in nutrients.
- Excellent complement the beauty of water lilies floatingvodokras plant. Its leaves resemble Nymphaeaceae in form, but they are much smaller. A miniature of the three flowers of white petals and bright yellow center appear from June to the end of the summer.
- Iris. It is often used in bouquets, but it is also a beautiful plant for artificial pond. It features a variety of color - from yellow to purple - and a wide range of varieties. They grow well in slightly acidic waterlogged soil, planting depth should be about 5 cm, but we can not allow the drying of the soil. Irises are well tolerated in the winter, but it is advisable at this time of year to shelter plants spruce branches.
- Another coastal plant that willelegant pond in the spring - marigold. In a sunny location, it will please the owner of numerous large bright yellow flowers. Propagated marigold bush and grows easily, perfectly combined with Badane or host.
- Speaking of coastal plants, it is impossible notmention cattail, often called reeds. His brown showy inflorescences adorn the coast up until the winter, but to the plant bloomed, it is necessary at the end of the summer to remove the new shoots appear.
- The best-known oxygenators - a Canadianwaterweed or water plague. The second name of the plant was due to its ability to rapid vegetative reproduction, the number of shoots increases from him very fast. Therefore, the one who decided to contact with waterweed, no need to spend a lot of effort to care, but at the same time, have to regularly remove its excess. In addition, Elodie is undesirable to use for ponds with fish, because it is damaged shoots emit toxic substances to them.
- Much less aggressive oxygenators - with Turchielegant dissected leaves and elegant buds of tiny white or pinkish flowers. It is also a floating plant, so its maintenance is not complicated.
The procedure for settling pond
plant needs must be taken into account already in theplanning stage. The smaller size of the ecosystem, the more difficult to maintain its balance, therefore it is desirable that the reservoir is not less than 5.4 square meters in size, and at least half a meter deep. Open the sun should be avoided, such conditions will fall not on the taste of many plants, and will need to constantly deal with drying of coastal and flowering water.
Too dense shade too is undesirable, itnot suitable for flowering species. The best will be site selection, which is illuminated by the sun about 5 hours a day. The presence of trees near greatly complicate the care of the pond, which will be constantly exposed numerous plant residues.
After dropping off a water plant in a pot, the surfacesoil covered with a layer of gravel with a thickness of about 4 cm, blur warning. You can also buy special containers intended specifically for subsea landing. Floating aquatic plants Pond leaves are of great importance. They water shade, protect it from overheating and prevent flowering water, but it is important not to go too far: the water surface should be covered with plants not more than 1 / 3-2 / 3. There is no need to chase and too much diversity of species, it is better to confine 5-7 varieties, so it will be easier to withstand the style. First planted deep in the heart of the plant, and then gradually move to the periphery and end coastal views.
Caring for the body of water
It should be time to remove dead partsplants used for this purpose pond scissors, which can be conveniently lowered into the water and the net that is easy to catch the cut leaves. You also need to remove a net from the surface of debris falling into the pond: poplar fluff, flowers, birch catkins. With special preparations regulate the hardness of the water content therein nutrients.
Even if the settlement in an artificial pond fishnot planned, it is important to add a variety of animals, common in natural waters: snails, water striders, newts, frogs. These inmates will be promptly eat the plant residues and promote the balance of the ecosystem. Adding nutrients, it is very important to observe moderation, as they lead to excess algal blooms - abundant proliferation of blue-green algae. If such trouble occurred, from it should get rid of as quickly as possible with the help of special preparations. For the prevention of this phenomenon should not be added to the pond water from wells: in comparison with the rain it contains a much greater amount of impurities.
A small pond on the site - the perfect place,which is fun for the whole family. This element of landscape design is rapidly gaining popularity, and decorate it with plants under the force of even a novice gardener. Unpretentious and with spectacular plants are easy to find among the representatives of the local flora. By shifting some species from the nearest lake and with minimal effort, you can create a true masterpiece and pleasantly revive plot, giving it a naturalness.