Waterfall in the country - is a dream that manyIt seems unattainable. In fact, it is done quite easily. This waterfall in the garden with his own hands, you will be able to do for one weekend. The most important thing - to have some construction skills. And our recommendations will help you make the right choice of materials and technology. Imagine just a few hours of simple work in the open air and waterfall cottage will delight you and your children for years to come. Want to know how to do it quickly and correctly - read on!
- Decorative waterfall garden - the form and content
- Waterfall in the country with their own hands - the stages of creation
- The optimum height of cascades
- Choosing a pump for waterfall
- Decoration waterfall
Decorative waterfall garden - the form and content
If your garden has a pond or small pool, almost half of the work, think, made. After a mini-waterfall design implies the presence of three components:
- decorative hill on which water escapes;
- tank, where it flows;
- an electric pump which, in fact, circulating water flow.
If the pond is not, before a waterfall in the garden, you need to find the right place and choose an interesting shape for him. It all depends on your imagination and personal preferences.
Little hint: in the nature correct geometric shapes almost never occur. Therefore, it will look more natural vodoёmchik "a la naturel".
But, even if you are a supporter of the rightgeometric shapes, in any case - boldly embody it, they say, "in stone and concrete," or other dear to you scrap building materials. Especially as examples of such landscaping solutions abound.
Holiday waterfalls correct geometry, incidentally, look great on the sites, decorated in the style of hi-tech or a modernist.
Well, if your garden is fascinating for its refined negligence, the undeniable charm give him a supplement in the same vintage style. Remarkably, for the creation of such delights will approach everything:
- left over from repairing the pipe;
- broken pots and shards;
- old watering cans, buckets, bowls;
- Second-hand plumbing.
Make a waterfall in the garden with his own hands from a picturesque pile of stones, and then in the evening to listen to the gentle murmur of a mysterious jet - what else is needed for the romantic soul of rest?
In the notebook: Already in the design phase, decide whether to stay in your pond fish and plants. Garden waterfall is very salutary for fish and different algae:
- Firstly, it provides them with oxygen;
- secondly, in the moving water fish feel much freer than in the standing;
- Third, waterfall maintains a comfortable water temperature for the residents, which is especially important hot summer.
On the other hand, in some colors, such aslily, running water acts too depressing - they will be uncomfortable. Therefore, when choosing a waterfall of flora and fauna make allowances for the "Think for yourself, decide for yourself - or may not have."
And now from the words down to business. How to make a waterfall in the garden, you will find out right now. We drink coffee and proceed!
Waterfall in the country with their own hands - the stages of creation
Having defined the shape of the pond in my head and on paper, drawn with the shape on the ground.
- Step №1. We clear the area. Free the land from stones, turf and other unnecessary. And if necessary - remove the extra shovel hill. Ideally, a place in the next pool should be as flat;
- Step №2. Mark the contours (for example, with a rope pegs or the remainder of the lime whitewash) or draw out the finished plastic mold;
- Step №3. We arm an ordinary shovel (1 pc.) And start digging.
Dig the ground in any case not to scatter, anyhow, on the site, and gather somewhere, alone. It is useful for the device itself falls.
Tip: When digging the ground immediately clean it from all branches, rocks, roots, debris, if any. Then with a clean ground will work much more convenient.
In the process of digging from the walls will crumbleEarth. Do not be afraid of this. This disadvantage is eliminated very easily: at the time of digging the walls need to periodically moisten with water and ram, clapping hands thoroughly.
When the desired depth is reached the pond, nostop there (because the process is so fascinating!) - More dig 10-15 cm layer and fill this place is fine river sand. Now he, too, need to properly compacted, and the easiest option - from the heart to jump there. And the most fun option - to call the children and plenty to ride on the sand as you wish.
If you have chosen yourself as Pond bowlsready-made form, this section can safely skip - waterproofing problem is solved automatically. If you dug a pond from scratch, without a proper waterproofing you can not do, otherwise the body of water will be constantly dry. On the contrary, a garden waterfall will last a very long time, if by this stage come with great responsibility.
Options waterproof coating more:
- PVC film;
- butyl rubber film;
- EPDM film;
- concreting of the pit.
Let us consider each of them separately.
PVC film - the most common optionpit cover for the future pond. The term of its operation quite substantial: from 10 to 15 years. The advantage - low price. The main drawback - the waterfalls garden with a waterproofing require special care. The water in the winter will have to merge, otherwise the ice will break the film.
Butyl film - a material speciallydesigned to cover the bottom of ornamental ponds and swimming pools. Not afraid of the frost (-45? C), very elastic (stretch up to 430% of the original length) and wear-resistant. The warranty period of 45-50 years. Price matches the quality of the material - about 2000 rubles per meter + the cost of the required set of components (special parts for the connection of film strips, fittings for pumps, etc.).
Synthetic rubber EPDM - a modernrubber film, which, in general, has similar characteristics with butyl rubber. The main advantages of the material - a unique elasticity (due to the porous structure), and ease of installation. Therefore, the coating material refers to a premium. EPDM cost - within 400 rubles for "square" (3800-4000 rubles per meter).
Butyl rubber is a synthetic film andsold in three versions thickness: 0.75 mm, 1.125 mm and 1.5 mm. Of course, the strongest modification (1.5 mm) is the most resistant to mechanical damage. But the form with intricate bends it will be more difficult to style. Especially, it concerns the butyl rubber.
Recommendations seasoned masters: before laying a flexible primer coating should be free of rocks, roots, plants and other "alien elements". But the best way to lay the film on the surface is already protected. As a protective material using geotextiles or thick cardboard. Cheap option: the old linoleum or simply newsprint. The optimum thickness of the "draft" of the protective layer - 2.5 cm.
Concreting - the most reliable option pond waterproofing. If the concrete - it's your choice, you should mentally prepare for the following operations:
- bottom of the pit was covered with a protective layer (cushion + waterproofing), as an insulating material using PVC film or conventional polyethylene - cheap and reliable;
- produce a framework of reinforcement (for the pool bottom and walls of the pool included), installation using plastic clips;
- set the formwork and pour concrete floor (cement M300 and above, rubble fraction of 5 to 20 mm.);
- forward to pour the bottom and, only then, the host of the wall (the installation of formwork + fill); it is important to remember that for walls carcass reinforcement is wrapped wire without welding.
As you can see, nothing complicated. It would be the time and desire. By the way, if both of you have a deficit, you can simply buy a ready-made plastic pool.
- Before laying a flexible material (EPDM, butyl rubber) have to give it to lie in the sun for about 15 minutes film becomes softer and installation much simpler.
- After installation, it is necessary to keep the water in the pond to see, even if gained a level and there are no leakages.
The optimum height of cascades
Usually suburban waterfall height does not exceed 1.5 meters. Yes, frankly, not Niagara, but the pump will cope with their work "on Pyaterochka". If the project includes a waterfall stone ledges, it is best to use a sandstone - it is light in the processing and natural looks.
Stack ledges start from the bottom. The first tier should be as smooth. But already the next can be any - depending on your preferences. Here are a few interesting options:
- mirror wall of water - stones, from which flows the stream, must be absolutely smooth and flat;
- separate incident jet - this effect will provide ledges with grooves and rough rugged surface;
- Water flows smoothly and slowly - it requiresStones with depressions in the middle; in this case, form a kind of bowl, and water, filling a cup, you will steadily and slowly overflow down;
- a powerful stream, smashing into a fine spray of the lower tier - water flows under pressure between two closely spaced stones. The waterfall - 1 meter and above.
Stones waterfall tiers, stacking, should bebonded to each other with foam or grout. At the edges is better to make small bumpers that water flowed in line with the established you, not overflowed wide puddle.
Council: When gluing foam stones ugly she often extends beyond the edge. To hide this defect, immediately after gluing, osypte speaking foam handful of ordinary river sand. So it will look very natural.
Choosing a pump for waterfall
And now go to the heart of the Falls -electric pump, because it is clear that the water itself in an artificial pond is not zabezhit upstairs. For about one and a half meters of the waterfall is quite enough to pump 70 watts high.
Naturally, the higher the waterfall, the stronger must be the pump.
He put on the bottom of the pond so that neither he norCables were not visible externally. At the pump should be two windows: one through the water is absorbed (hose coming from it, is attached to the top of the waterfall), through another - is pushed (the hose will remain on the bottom of the pond). Moreover, the pump must be connected to a low-voltage transformer, and the transformer must be in the room. If you need to lengthen the connection cable, make sure the connectors are needed, not afraid of water.
Thus, the pond is ready, the hill was built, the pumpIt works, and the waterfall starts splatter. Now comes the creative part of our work - decorating. Here too there is boundless imagination can run wild! This small sculpture, and alpine gardens, and a variety of flowers and ornamental plants, and LED lanterns - a word that your heart desires!
Remarkably will look on your shorespond colorful pebbles and coarse gravel. A constant humidity will allow to comfortably grow many plants, such as sanguisorba, valerian, iris and many others.
For myself, you can set the bench, disposing to rest, or, better yet, hang a hammock. And for children - to deliver wonderful figurines fairy-tale characters.
In short, the waterfall is ready. Now is not a sin and relax - near his pond, the sound of the waterfall and shimmering water splashes, the splash goldfish and the fragrance of flowers near ... Heaven on Earth exists, and you've just created it for yourself!