You probably agree that the word "exemplary"increasingly giving way to the word "individual". This applies to all spheres of our life. We want to be different from each other not only clothes and car brand. Our personal preference should be visible in all, including, it would seem, is not so important wickets to give. Although they can tell a lot about who opens and closes them on a daily basis. In how they look, it reflects the artistic taste and social status of people living outside the fence. How to select and build a beautiful and a good wicket?
- How to choose the best option
- selection of material
- Choosing a method of opening
- Building a wicket with his own hands
- Materials and tools
- Manufacturing technology wicket
How to choose the best option
These defend and hold elements are classified according to
- the material from which they are made;
- the size or the size of the structure;
- the method by which they are opened and closed.
Let us more detail on each of them.
selection of material
To choose the right material for the gate,We need to take into account the style of the building. It should be in harmony with the fence, not only, but also with other structures. In this respect, the most versatile can be considered products of wood and metal. Such materials are perfectly combined with each other and in perfect harmony with the brick and stone buildings. Besides, they already have long proven their reliability.
Speaking about the price, compared to otherwooden gate will cost less. But it's not on your nelly not diminish their dignity. For example, if you order the author's wicket from the tree, you will have a real work of art. Because this product is made in a single copy, then its price will be appropriate.
Wrought iron gates and gates to give will be wortheven more expensive, but their price is justified. Thanks to the reliability and impeccable appearance they have long been popular. If you want to have a unique character country house, then think about such variant. It is especially advantageous looks forging in combination with wood, stone or even brick.
Strength and durability are renowned wicketsmade of corrugated board. If you provide proper care, the wood products can also serve a very long time. For gates can also be used a grid-netting on the frame, plastic and metal bars.
The width of the gate is determined by taking into account the mode of transport,which will enter through them to the territory. For passenger cars will be enough to have an opening width of 2.6 meters. Ensure that the entry gate of the truck can be increased to up to 3.4 meters. Not strictly regulate the height, and is determined depending on the design features of the product. The bottom edge should be off the ground at a distance of 15 cm to easily open after fallen snega.Kalitka standard size has a width of 1 meter, although it is possible to make a reasonable retreat if necessary. The height of the fence to make the level or slightly higher, which often occurs at the expense of a decorative finish.
Choosing a method of opening
As a general rule, make the swing gate. Gates can also be very different - hinged and sliding, lifting and sliding. To facilitate the opening and closing of the gate leaves are often used automatic mechanism.
Building a wicket with his own hands
Materials and tools
Of course, in the absence of selection can be usedboard of any species of trees. However, experts advise to prefer oak, larch and cedar. A very important condition for long life - a pretreatment material with an antiseptic. It will protect the wood from rotting and subsequent destruction by insects. If the board to prepare in advance, then the gate will be able to maintain their appearance for 10 years or more. As the finish may come an ordinary fence.
Before starting work, should prepare in advanceeverything you need, because the absence of the minor may suspend installation work. So, to get started, pobespokoytes of these materials and tools:
- boards and fences;
- the handle to the door latch, hinges;
- parts and screws;
- level, rope, sandpaper;
- drills, jigsaws, screwdrivers;
- chisel and planers;
- hacksaw and hammer;
Manufacturing technology wicket
- Measure the distance that is between the supports- Concrete, metal or wooden posts (most importantly, that the material was durable). They must keep the frame future gate. From a well-calibrated distance will depend on the correct operation of the final product. For accurate fixing poles laid on the ground and bonded with each other with the help of available funds. For wooden poles may be fence and wire suitable for metal and concrete.
- We make installation of pillars. To do this, dug two pits with a depth of 80-100 cm. For the stability of the supports on the bottom of the pit pour pebbles, gravel or broken bricks. When installing the poles should take care of the short distance between the underside of the crossbar and the ground products. It is necessary to open the gates for free. Vertically posed poles are fixed using spacers and filled with mortar made from the cement-sand mixture. Before proceeding to the next step, you must wait until the solution completely freezes. If you dig in the pillars in the sandy soil, the distance between the supports must-concreted. At the end of this stage are attached and welded to the hinges.
- Make the door. First you need to make the frame-basis. For this purpose, four boards bonded with each other via corners. Then make mounting loops and check how the frame fit into the opening. If everything is fine, you can start to suturing picket fence frames.
- Fasten the handle and latches. This work is done at the end. The upper part of the fence can be smooth or trimmed in the form of a zigzag, or wave. This requires a jigsaw.
- Ready to hang on the gate support. With the proper calculation it moves without any effort. With the free edge to it is attached a strip of thick rubber.
So, you are familiar with how to make the foundationmost elementary gates. In the future, it can be lacquered and decorated with any decor. There is an opportunity to express their imagination and skill. We want your Gates served for many years!