Build a cage for a dog with his hands canany dog owner with a basic construction skills. But even if you are a beginner - it does not matter. In this review, we will give you some useful tips to help you easily build a comfortable enclosure for dogs - with photos and video to boot. Want to know more? Read on.
- How to build an enclosure for dogs
- The size
- The material for the floor
- How to choose the right location for the enclosure
- Pet cages for small dogs or puppies
How to build an enclosure for dogs
Home Aviary - a thing, of course, useful. It is simply necessary in cases where:
- dog uncomfortable to keep in the house because of its large size and the specificity of breed;
- pet free range on the site is undesirable;
- your guard dog needs protection from adverse weather conditions, and in the booth it closely.
Based on this, the following question arises: how to make an enclosure for the dog as comfortable as possible? The answer is simple. Before tinkering aviary for the dog with his own hands, the following key points should be taken into account.
An important factor, which is calculated individually to each dog.
Maximum limits, as you know, there is not - it all depends on your ability and imagination. But on the minimum size, there are strict standards:
- to height at the withers 45-50 cm area of the enclosure shall not be less than 6 square meters. meters;
- if the dog has a height of 50-60 cm, then it should get at the disposal of at least 8 square meters. meters;
- your pet - from 65 cm, then he and more than 10 square meters. meters are required to provide.
The material for the floor
There is something to think about! The fact that many people forget one simple, but obvious truth: even the most educated rasprekrasno dog regularly "go to the toilet." Accordingly, you can decide where it is going to do, and what to do you do.
Aviary with full wooden floor - not theThe best decision. Hygiene should be regularly sprinkled fresh sand or hay. Note that for ease of cleaning the floor should have a slight slant - front or side.
Ideally, in the aviary should be the following areas:
- the platform (eg, wood) + sun canopy over part of the platform;
- place for food laid out, for example, tiles;
- paddock (soil or grass for the administration of natural needs).
Dogs - animals curious. So do not deprive them of the opportunity to see everything that is happening around the private "residence." Do not be carried away by blind walls. In a good aviary at least two walls are replaced by bars or robust metal mesh. A draft of a smart dog hide in the booth.
Wall grilles can be done:
- wrought iron;
- welded (of fixtures);
- of mesh-netting.
Note: Net-netting is different! If it is - a simple mesh, there is a risk that the dog engages with the interlocking claws, teeth and injured.
Blank walls should be made of breathable natural materials: wood, brick, etc.
Should stand in front lattice wall and opened strictly inside! Mandatory and locking the outer and inner side. Additional bolt does not hurt.
Here the most important is the reliability oftruss system. Cover the roof of a soft material is better, because it is the sound of rain, for example, may be concerned about the dog. Again, the purpose of a roof safety is not nailed to the animal does not get hurt. Use clamps, screws, etc.
There must certainly be! It's - direct the dog shelter from the weather troubles, the scorching sun, and, in general, private space to which no one encroaches. By the way, if you decide not to bother with the construction site and probresti ready enclosure for dogs collapsible design, keep in mind that they are usually sold together with the booths. If you are trying vparit booth separately, it means honesty - it is not the strength of character standing in front of the dealer you.
Important: deviation from the above rules may be fraught with very nuisance. Your dog can get sick from too cold floor or scare visitors from loose-fitting valve. Therefore, regardless of whether you are building an aviary themselves or order ready - be careful to ensure that it was comfortable for the dog and the most reliable.
How to choose the right location for the enclosure
Very important is the location of the enclosure in the territory area. Below we give unwanted placement options and their implications.
- Away from the front door of the house - the dog is nervous and worried.
- Close to the fence - passers-by will distract the dog, and it can easily jump to the outside (eg, winter climbing on nametёnnomu snowdrift).
- Near noise sources - the animal will feel bad.
- Close to the compost pits and other "smell" sources - the dog may lose the sense of smell - in whole or in part.
- In the lowlands - Aviary will pour rain. A dog more like a review from the top, therefore, provide it to them, putting the design on a small hill.
- The entrance on the south side - the dog will be in the summerhot. South side is allowed in places with cold climates. In any case, the next should be, for example, a tree giving shade to your four-legged friend could hide it in the heat.
- The entrance on the north side - if your area are frequent snowfalls, the entry will be continually sweep. A clean something you have to!
Field Notes. The temporary aviary for the dog with his own hands - can be seen in the photo is great - you can do in a few hours. Stationary enclosure is made in a few days. But if you treat the case with the soul - your best friend will always be in excellent shape. British veterinarians have proved - the dog captive content three times less likely to suffer from their residential counterparts.
Pet cages for small dogs or puppies
Home (Apartment) enclosures - a topic that requiresa separate discussion. Today, opinions are divided - in those cages for small dogs have army of supporters and opponents. However, one thing they converge. During weaning minivoler puppies - almost indispensable thing.
Note: a sober assessment of the area of the apartment. If you have a flat, you will have to choose between cages for dogs or their favorite sofa.
If settling enclosure to contain the dog-mother with puppies, then we strongly recommend:
- to increase its area by half compared with the standard "store" samples;
- shield in the enclosure separate corner for a happy mother;
- Keep the floor clean.
If the indoor enclosure is necessary simply for raising a puppy, then there must be:
- dog toys;
- sleeping area;
- lotochek toilet.
Important: it is necessary to remember that the aviary for puppies - this is not the area for punishment! Baby must be happy to know their place and go to owners upon request.
Here, perhaps, that's all for today. Now, knowing the main parameters of the enclosures, the requirements for their installation and operation, you can decide which house your pet needs, and who will be engaged in its manufacture. We sincerely hope that this article has helped you solve your questions, and your four-footed friend find a new spacious home!