How to make a carport with their hands
Often the simple things are the most practical. As an example we can take carport polycarbonate. It is a "golden" middle between the garage and outdoor parking. In the first case it is necessary to invest a lot of money, time and effort. Second suitable as destinations machine for several hours. In contrast, the canopy can be erected in a matter of hours, and, to make it capable of even a person not versed in the construction business.
- Design features of the shelter
- Calculating the size of the canopy
- Stages of the construction design
- Shelter for cars of different materials
- Carport Polycarbonate
- Wooden carport
- Carport of corrugated board
If you already have a major garage,the carport in the country will be absolutely no harm. For example, if you are stopped for lunch, and on the street is rain, you do not have to waste time and put the car in the garage. And if you are invited to visit friends, it will be obvious manifestation of your caring for themselves and their property.
Design features of the shelter
Small architectural forms of this type can be positioned independently of the other buildings, or be in or adjacent to their wall.
- If you are going to build a free-standingstructure, which is based on several pillars, you should consider the following: between them taken to comply with a distance of 1-1.5 meters. Depending on whether the length of the canopy for a vehicle of wood or other material you want to do, the number will range from 4 to 8 units.
- In the case where you want the canopy wasattached to the house, it is necessary on the one hand fixed to the wall. On the other hand, it will be held at the supports. Because they have to reliably support the roof, they should be well fastened. For this purpose, use a ready-made base or foundation support concreted into the ground. The frame and roof support columns do mainly of metal profiles or wooden beams. If you arrange a decorative carport their own hands, the material for the supports can be brick, concrete or stone.
- The frame structure is built of metal ortree. He may have a different shape: flat, arched, spherical, arched, etc. canopy coverings made from materials such as wooden boards, polycarbonate, acrylic glass, slate, decking, etc.
Calculating the size of the canopy
For a small car (1,6h4,2 m) needsize of area is not less 2,3h5m. But if you plan to put here a large SUV, such a parking area is too small. Therefore, to make it universal, increase its parameters to 3,6h6,6 m.
Thinking of how to build a carport, you mustknow how to calculate its optimum height. It is determined on the basis that the shelter can call in "auto", which has a roof rack with things located there. In this regard, it is important not to overdo it, as too high a canopy (2.2 - 2.5 m) may fall precipitation in the form of snow and driving rain.
Stages of the construction design
Regardless of the construction material comprises the following main stages.
- First of all make the foundation. This may act as a ready-made foundation blocks. The support legs are fixed in corners or using brackets. It is possible to concrete pillar on the spot by digging under them well. If you plan to make a carport their own hands with a fully concreted area, the racks will be anchored in it in the course of the build rabot.Srazu frame racks after fixing can be when used for this purpose finished blocks. In other cases it is necessary to wait for about a week, until the concrete hardens.
- The frame is made from a metal profile ortree. This material should generally have a smaller thickness than is provided for the supports. The fact that the load on the roof is much smaller than the rack, so there is no reason to use a more expensive material.
By building a shed for wood or metal machineswhen the device is first frame produces fastening struts cross beams that connect them on top. After that, make the rafters and lathing on securing the roofing material.
Shelter for cars of different materials
Cellular and solid polycarbonate is a popular material for roofing. Why?
- It is durable and environmentally friendly,
- It has a long life (30 years)
- easy to assemble,
- It has a relatively small cost.
The uniqueness of this material isnext - he is capable of absorbing ultraviolet light and at the same time to transmit light. In practice, this means that although the machine will be in a solar space, it does not suffer from overheating.
Additionally, you can choose polycarbonatethe color you need, and thus adjust the light intensity. For example, dark green material transmits less light than clear. If you view the various carports, which posted photos on the Internet, you can see what a wide palette of colors is the modern material. Special polycarbonate flexibility lets give it almost any shape. Therefore, construction of its use of easily fit into most bizarre design area.
The farmhouse can be metto protect the vehicle structure, which is entirely made of wood. Its frame is made of wooden beams, and the top is sewn planks. In general, such a construction looks like a single unit. The material for it can get easily. It is environmentally friendly and safe for humans. This lovely hideaway win-win in harmony with the surrounding nature.
Carport of corrugated board
Decking has long established itself asrobust material coating device. It belongs to the budget options, and do not require special care during the operation. Due to the polymer coating of a different color, such awnings fit perfectly into the overall ensemble of land development.
Arranging a protective cover for your car,it is important to preserve its unity with the overall style of the house and other buildings. The rest you have unlimited choice. Using it to the full. Good luck!