Good summer to live in the country! Warm, beautiful, birds sing, build their nests ... It's great with the kids make bird houses and then look like in your living bird houses!
And on the house for proteins you heard? If next to your plot is a small little forest, then it is likely that a visit to you to look these adorable furry animals.
- House for proteins - from idea to realization
- Minor tweaks
- How to build a house for the boards of the proteins
- Squirrel apartments of whole logs
- Master belchatnik of logs
- Caring for squirrel house
Make a house for proteins with their own hands, and forest visitors happy to settle there. Imagine how much joy you bring to the children watching them!
Note: belchatnik, of course, you can buy ready-made - for example, from plastic. But the little animals will be much more comfortable in a house made of natural materials.
House for proteins - from idea to realization
To begin, it is important to decide on a few general rules.
- Design is made from natural wood.
- Do not use paints, varnishes and other chemical substances in processing, because their smell will scare away the animals.
- To quickly get used to the house of a protein, it can be placed next to a simple feeder (in the form of a table or a plywood board).
- The optimal size of the construction:. Height 50-55 cm, width 40 cm, depth - about 45 cm hole for climbing is better to locate the top of the house and make it a round (diameter about 7 cm).
- Height belchatnika installation must be at least five meters.
- Belichye housing should be focused strictly on the location of the hollow east side (but if this place is constantly blowing wind, then place the entrance to the south).
- It is more convenient for them to own the animals to build a two-story house to place there several squirrels.
Important note: belchatnike winter one can live more protein, but with the arrival of spring each require a separate housing, as will be born babies, and living space should be increased.
- Use all possible: all the old boards, boards from packing crates, croaker - if only it was a natural tree.
- All material for making must necessarily be dry.
- The optimum thickness of boards of 2-2.5 cm. In this case, the house will last a long time.
- For interior walls belchatnika Planed boards do not need to.
- The width of the side panel should be made 30 cm, andfront and back - 25 cm. All the other options we have indicated above. This is done for the convenience of squirrels, because they will not live in large homes too.
- Bottom belchatnika better not to beat the outside and put inside - so it will not fall out and will serve for a long time.
Belchatnik can be done in two ways:
- put together out of boards, like the birdhouse;
- hollowed from a single log.
How to build a house for the boards of the proteins
In fact, this activity is simple and fun, especially if the house tinkering with the children.
It is necessary to acquire three meters edged boards (parameters: width 30 cm, thickness 18 mm.)
It is also necessary to work:
- square to draw lines;
- a pencil;
- hacksaw for cutting boards;
- drill diameter of 30 mm;
- screws (30-35 mm);
- waterproof glue of good quality.
The first stage - preparing all the details:
- Measure out along the boards and cut 55 cm - get a back wall of the house;
- this wall is metered from above and below to 5 cm, and draws line - get loose parts, with the participation of belchatnik which will be attached to the tree;
- take the main long board, cut two equal parts the size 45h25 cm and get two side walls;
- Now cut out the inner partition size 25h20 cm;
- the remaining two small plates are porches in the house.
The second stage - open wide the doors:
- on the front and rear of the jigsaw Scrollsaw round holes (remember that they need to be positioned closer to the top - the so-Squirrels will be familiar and comfortable);
- These holes need to be sure how to sand, otherwise, animals can be injured by the roughest wall. Sand can be sandpaper.
The third stage - collect the entire structure:
- carefully check and adjust all the details of the house - everything should be well suited to each other;
- belchatnika carefully glue wall - in this case, the appearance will be better and the service life is much longer than the house;
- House finally fastening screws. Nails is better not to use because they can injure the squirrels.
Squirrel apartments of whole logs
Log cabins are the closest to the naturalnatural conditions, and, of course, tailed guests with great pleasure that will live there. In such houses thick walls, and Squirrels there will be a very warm and cozy.
In addition, such belchatniki very harmoniousfit into any garden surroundings. Well, if you log house, then by placing a number of similar design, you will always enjoy the pleasing eye a harmonious picture, done in the same style decision.
Note: proteins do not live at all the trees!
Hit Parade squirrel preferences:
- 1st place - conifers;
- 2nd place - Oak;
- 3rd place - birch;
- 4th place - aspen.
Moreover, the proteins as a born leader-climbersdo not favor the third and fourth place, therefore, aspen or birch house settle in case of emergency. But in the hollow of a poplar these little animals will not live at all!
Master belchatnik of logs
- Take a piece of log and saw off the tip of it (4-5 cm thick) - this will be the roof of the house later;
- Now cut off a piece of timber of about 40 cm - this is actually a house;
- After that, you need to do inside the cavity (hollow inside). The main thing - do not forget about the thickness of the walls and bottoms! It should be 3-5 cm;
- Scrollsaw side hole - a round hole of a small diameter, 6-7 cm;
- Now, we put on top of our cover and attach it with screws;
- To complete the picture, you can make the finishing touch - pinned at the entrance to the hole strong thick branch. It will turn a wonderful porch!
Caring for squirrel house
As for any housing, for belchatnikom to care. Fortunately, this care can be easy!
Suffice it in late summer wear rubber glovesand shake the house of all its contents. Then, wipe the inside with a damp cloth and put fresh litter (dead leaves, soft paper, dried moss).
All! Charming cottage squirrel is ready! You were lovely neighbors: they benefited you, and they will bring you great joy. Good Neighbourhood and long!