More and more, farther and with growing inexponentially happy people depart from ossified stereotypes that summer residence - a place for hard labor. Now, leaving the city, it is fashionable to spend time contemplating the stars and nature, with a cup of hot tea on a cold evening or a cool beer on a hot day with a large group of friends. An ideal location for all of these activities is a pleasant terrace is at the cottage. If finances do not allow to hire workers for its construction - it does not matter, because it is very easy to do yourself.
- What we are dealing
- Option one - the easiest
- Option Two - average difficulty
- Option Three - consuming
What we are dealing
Very often people confuse the concepts and do not end upunderstand what exactly they are going to build on their houses adjoining the site. Whether it will be a porch, or arbor, or infamous terrace. To distinguish these buildings the weight of each other very easily. So suburban terraces endowed with the following characteristics:
- purpose - to create a comfortable platform for idle pastime;
- almost never performed in a closed space of the room from the street;
- It not necessarily made in the form of an extension to the main house, and can be a separate building.
- main part - a platform, additional and does not necessarily part - the foundation, roof railing.
- the dimensions are not limited to, may have an area about three square meters, and more than thirty.
- accommodation at the annexe - not only at the entrance to the house, and used any place desired by, maybe even go around the whole building on the perimeter.
Unlike a veranda extension donecompletely closed. It can also be used for recreation, but for the most part created for warming the hallway. Part of the cold air remains behind the walls of the porch, and the other part is heated inside that ensures adequate protection to the input room. Garden furniture is almost always endowed with restrictive sides and never an attached part of the house.
Option one - the easiest
The above photo terrace cottage madevirtually flush with the ground. And for its production use conventional paving slabs. Pattern can choose according to your taste. Making a terrace in the country with their own hands must be as follows.
- Measure the area of the future building. It is advisable to place the pegs on the perimeter, which will not allow to go beyond the perimeter edge.
- Digs with land, venturing about 15 (max 20) cm.
- Flatten pad, usingbuilding level. If you wish, you can make the surface a little sloped, just a few degrees (applicable in the absence of the canopy). Thus, during the precipitation on the surface of the puddle will not be created, all the water will naturally flow downwards.
- Fill holes recess rubble. The thickness of its layer is about 5-7 cm.
- This is followed properly compacted embankment. Make it difficult, without special equipment, but it is possible. Take the old board or chipboard sheets, spread them over the entire surface, and the top presses the load. Use can be anything: bags of debris, sand, cement or bricks. One day all the shooting, and continue to work.
- Pour over crushed stone sand layer, its thickness is equal to 7-10 cm, but may leave little plus (depending on the thickness of the tiles selected by you).
- Then again we flatten the mound and anotherit gently moisturizes. Just hose can not, otherwise there will be formed holes. For this case well suited garden sprays. After that, laid tile.
Option Two - average difficulty
Consider photos summer terraces thatmade from wood. Behind them, a more thorough care: annual painting or varnishing, check for loose or rotten elements, their timely replacement and so on. Considered our outdoor terrace in the country is done as follows.
- Wooden pegs 20-30 cm long handled across the mastic asphalt surface. This is done to protect the elements of decay, as they will be directly in the ground.
- Processed elements are driven into the ground, so as to form straight rows (pitch between - 40-50 cm).
- Near the tops of the stakes protruding stacked wooden logs, which are also treated with mastic. Using screws attach the joists to the stakes.
- Along the perimeter (edge area) stacked logs treated with varnish and also mounted with screws.
- The voids between the rows lags filled with gravel. The height of the embankment must be such that the left edge to the lag for about 2-3 cm.
- Top laid perpendicular rows sewn planks. Before laying, they should be handled with antiseptics, and after - varnish.
Option Three - consuming
The complexity of the implementation is related to the arrangementseveral lathing. As the construction is supported by only a few supporting pillars, and the total area is "hanging" in the air, it is necessary to work on the strength of the entire device. So, are taking place in that order.
- Depending on the design of the total area required amount is calculated struts. It is desirable that for each square meter had one pole (in this case, 4 pcs).
- The locations of poles tearing grooves that is twice the diameter of the support of the future. Fill the concrete solution to the bottom of the pit lined with a bed of gravel.
- After hardening of concrete are building on these grounds of a conventional brick supports.
- Not to split hairs with elements of fixture, justthe upper part of the support is done in the middle of the masonry through slit. Its width is equal to the width of the timber, which will then be posted there. It is fixed in a recess in the same solution, of cement and sand.
- Having laid the beams parallel to each other from one support to the second, we start to do the first crate. Perpendicular to the two main bars laid logs in increments of 40 cm.
- Over the first crates stacked two, which consists of three lags. Two of them are located on the edges of one - in the middle. Placement is made again perpendicular to the previous row.
- On three stacked lag mounted last third crate. The process is similar to that described in the fifth paragraph.
- Once sewn coating treated properly boards. It completes the process of construction of varnished wooden surface.
You may want to supplement the siteself-made terraces additional elements: low skirting or railings. On wooden structures can be made small holes in the metal grille that will be inserted. They will play the role of drainage. But most of all platforms complement canopies, awnings and roofs of high-grade.