Ventilation in the garage
Owners of private vehicles andgarages built for them at times with excessive carelessness are an important communication system - ventilation. However, the formation of conditions for storage of cars, spare parts, tools, replacement of tires, products and blanks in the basement to a large extent depends on the proper air circulation. Properly executed ventilation in the garage is required for supply of fresh air required, as the owner, and his movable property. This type of communication is also responsible for the removal of volatile toxic compounds and excess moisture.
- Why ventilation in the garage?
- Selecting sound device schemes
- The specificity of the natural ventilation
- The combined method of ventilation
- forced air circulation system
- Conclusion concludes
Why ventilation in the garage?
Confidence Many garage owners that non-residential premises does not require ventilation, help to refute the specific consequences of the absence of the system.
- Dampness, have a devastating effect on themetal body components, electronic devices and electrical cars. In addition to the damage caused by the machine, the excess moisture will accelerate the processes of deterioration and rotting stocks will cause the appearance of mold on the walls, wooden poles and other structural elements of the garage made of wood and metal.
- Toxic environment, negative effect on thehealth of the host. No ventilation in the garage will be formed the atmosphere, causing headaches, severe painful condition poisoning. Even if the concentration of fumes from the incomplete combustion of gas, gasoline, diesel is not felt on top of the garage owner, subsequently accumulated toxins certainly will be felt.
The device is simple or complex systemventilation will eliminate the negative effects. All the more so in accordance with the declared requirements SNIP 21-02-99 outbuildings of this communication system shall be equipped with a par with the housing.
Regardless of the type of technical and constructivethe complexity of the ventilation system must be equipped with a garage with heating and without it. According to the normative regulations of the volume of fresh air should be 180 cubic meters of one hour (m³ / h), located inside the buildings thermometer should show 5 ° C
By European standards, the complete air exchange should take place at intervals of 6-10 times a day.
Equipped with a system that provides breathabilityand blowing machines, you need two-storey garages and standard single-storey buildings. The two-storey structure with a workshop upstairs in buildings with a viewing hole all the rooms should be ventilated equivalent. Always self cellar ventilation must be arranged in the garage, as an isolated basement will not be active enough air circulation to remove moisture and odors.
Selecting sound device schemes
The design of the ventilation system mustdeveloped during the design as well as functional holes need to do within the walls of the basement and the garage during the construction of load-bearing elements. It is necessary to take into account the number of floor levels, the estimated number of cars, the height and the area of one or more premises. At this stage, the owner chooses the most efficient and profitable way everything is determined by the type of system that can cope with the tasks assigned to it.
Equip the garage can be the following types of ventilation:
- The system of natural ventilation, based on the rules of aerodynamics and movement of air masses without coercion.
- Combined Ventilation in the garage, using the rules of natural ventilation in combination with the use of mechanical devices to stimulate the air mass movement.
- Mechanical ventilation system in the garage which is carried out by means of special facilities to encourage the outflow and inflow of air mass.
In the natural scheme of mechanical andcombined ventilation can be used one or two channels. To artificially stimulated air circulation is often sufficient just one hole.
Diameter of asbestos or metal pipe,used to form the ventilation holes are calculated based on the volume of air flow, requiring replacement. According to the standards for one square meter should fall 15 mm diameter. That is, everything 10 meter garage you will need two lengths of pipe rolledcross-sectional dimensions of 150 mm. You can calculate the size of the ventilation holes on the other formula, according to which a third of the garage area will be equal to the total value of all air vents. This formula are mainly used for the calculation of the air vents settings required for installation of the mechanical single-channel air.
The specificity of the natural ventilation
Commits a natural circulationthe air is due to the difference in temperature of the inner space of the garage and the environment. In order to circulate the air spontaneously, it is necessary to install two air vents: Exhaust for removing contaminated air mass and supply for fresh air intake to replace. This ventilation of the garage with his hands, which consists in the installation of pipes with a diameter calculated in advance, is performed in the construction of load-bearing structures.
To ensure proper ventilation, observe the following rules:
- The hole providing fresh air,at a level of 10 cm from the floor level of the bottom, and the duct is raised to a distance of 30 cm from the soil surface. For protection against insects, dirt and vandals duct equipped with a kind of mesh and roof.
- Exhaust air outlet is set todiagonally opposite upper corner, at a distance of 10 cm from the coupling line the walls with the roof or upper floors. Pipes for drainage of polluted air, is displayed above the roof. The height above a garage roof the duct must be 50 cm.
The function of the supply hole may performspecial grille, set into the gate. To work effectively ventilation, the cross section of the device structurally resembling shutters, should exceed the diameter of the exhaust pipe is two to three times.
Speed up the process of removing the exhaust airhelp installing deflector. This device is mounted in the exhaust duct, forms a low-pressure zone, whereby the contaminated air stream is drawn in diverting his hole. air mass exchange occurs without stimulation of ventilation equipment. To avoid condensate deflector equipped with thermal insulation.
Formation of air flow in the device natural ventilation scheme is based only on the proper use of the laws of physics and atmospheric phenomena:
- air intake provided the difference density directs heat incoming cold air flow;
- exchange rate provided by wind power, aspiring to replace the warm air mass is characterized by low density and stores the temperature because of the isolation of the garage;
- direction given the natural tendency of hot air flow up and into the low pressure area.
Those who would like to know how to doventilation in the garage, it must be remembered that to exclude "rollover" thrust in the season of low temperatures can only equal the area of the supply device and the same parameters of the exhaust system. Depending on the weather of the season the owner of the garage will need to regulate air exchange via insulated gates. The frost will need to cover the first air inlet, then exhaust port.
The advantages of the natural airflow of the machine and replace the contaminated air flow fresh acknowledged cheapness. However, this scheme has some significant drawbacks:
- the action of the natural type of ventilation system in the summer heat will be reduced to zero, as the outside air temperature is above the garage;
- pressure differences inside buildings will create a draft, undesirable for motorists who pay a lot of time caring for a car;
- due to the small size of the garage differences in temperature and pressure parameters are not always enough for intensive circulation;
- difficult to predict the direction of the wind at the inlet is not always supplied air flow;
- the state of supply and excretory devices will need to constantly monitor, clear, summer, dirt, soot and dust accumulated in the winter from the ice that has arisen due to the temperature difference.
If the basis for the construction of a garage were the ownerbased on the principles savings, a natural type of ventilation is acceptable. But wishing does not depend on the gifts of nature will have to invest more money and do a little more expensive, but regular functioning device ventilation in the garage.
The combined method of ventilation
Retrofitting of the natural ventilation systemtype mechanical devices provide independence from atmospheric phenomena and irregular working to supply fresh air of the rules of aerodynamics. Basically everything circuit is not different from wild-type ventilation standards.
The only difference in the installation of electricalfan in insulated exhaust shaft portion (air holes). The equipment can also be incorporated into the wall, it is called in the event of such axial location. Installed in place of the intersection of the roof duct fan is called a roof.
The owner of the garage, who decided to make a combinedthe system will not get any "impossibly high" costs. The fan is not expensive, the energy consumption is not a lot. Not very efficient, but nevertheless effectively to slightly intensify the air exchange process, the fan will operate even when switched off. Craftsmen, who know how to make the ventilation in the garage more economical, equipped with small wind turbine design. Due to the installation of the fan blades in wind weather will move without power, but without the action of wind gusts from this mechanical device of little use.
Disadvantages of the combined system arethe need to turn on and off the fan, to help cope with what equipment ventilation small inexpensive timer or timer. Another minus: entering the garage air filter is not cleaned from dust, is not heated in the winter cold, which can cause clogging of the channels, and a significant cooling of the interior space of the garage with a decrease in the atmospheric temperature.
forced air circulation system
There is no mechanical ventilation systemdrawbacks of the above described type. Regardless of all weather conditions within the construction will always be storage temperature readings vehicles required by regulations. Only mechanically effective basement ventilation can be set up in the garage and good air circulation in the observation well. In addition, it is the only way for the underground facilities intended for the storage of cars.
In the mechanical system involved two modules:
- Supply unit, which has a design filter, electric heater and fan;
- evacuation system represented by the system of two fans and a ventilation channel device.
The air flow coming into the supplythe device is heated and cleaned, and then moves along the channel to the devices performing the treated air distribution. Contaminated Waste air mass is displayed by the operation of the axial flow fan or link equipment to the ductwork. Installing the latest version takes more space on the ceiling and require more effort, but the uniformity of distribution of the treated air mass in the garage is guaranteed.
Excellent acting mechanical ventilationin the garage can be done by setting a one-piece system. Two blocks it combined in a single structure performing extract, process and supply of air. The most economical considered monoblock, equipped with a plate heat recuperator. This kind of equipment consumes a minimum of energy, because it formed when the heat is directed to the newly arrived air heating.
The device of the ventilation system in the garage -requirement, which should not be neglected owners seeking to preserve and maintain the high performance of movable property. There is a real opportunity to fiscal natural ventilation alone, it is possible to install an expensive but effective mechanical system. Hosts garages may choose a combined version, essentially a cross between mechanical machinery and tools of the natural type. What will stop the owner of the garage and car, depending on the financial capacity and the list of host personal requirements.