How to insulate the floor in the bath
Gender in a bath exposed to moisture andhigh temperature, so his device must be approached very carefully. After all, the life of the entire structure will depend on the quality of the floor laying. Thus it is necessary to provide in the room bath water flow in a specially arranged a drain hole, which makes the floor with a slight slope. Depending upon the functional purpose of the room in the bath floor material selected device. But in any case it is necessary to consider its insulation. Many novice builders did not know how to warm floor bathWhich opt for this construction materials.
- Thermal insulation of concrete floor
- Thermal insulation foam plates
- Environmentally friendly foam
- How to insulate floor polystyrene: progress
- Warm wooden floors
- Types of wood floors
- Driving insulation wooden floor
- The use of a removable wooden floor
Thermal insulation of concrete floor
Concrete flooring is easy to maintain and durable. Most often it is made in the washing compartment. To start the device after you have made the drainage system, will make the roof, glazed windows, install door frames, as well as finish all work on finishing the room. Since concrete is cool and slippery, the bath must be covered with a special removable wooden bars. It can be used for this purpose mats of twigs or flooring made of wooden slats.
The diagram shows the design insulated floor Concrete:
- slab made of concrete slab;
- waterproofing layer;
- extruded polystyrene foam as insulation;
- concrete screed, reinforced with mesh;
- underfloor heating system and a layer of adhesive;
- floor tiles.
One of the effective ways of the device of the type of floor laying insulation layer is made of glass wool, expanded clay or perlite, between two layers of concrete.
Expanded perlite called sand, which, being a light material has a low thermal conductivity.
Important! The room should be kept closed when working with perlite, otherwise it will be blown by the wind.
Procedure for perlite insulation
1. Take two buckets of perlite and carefully mixed with one bucket of water. Cement is then added and the mixture was thoroughly stirred. Then pour another bucket and poured perlite no more than half a liter of water. All components are mixed again, and do so to the point until you stand out from the water solution. It is this sign indicates that the mixture for laying the insulation layer is ready.
2. Spread on a concrete slab with a thin layer of the cooked mixture, leaving her alone for a week to dry.
3. When the concrete is laid a second layer of solution. The thermal insulation layer in the form of layers, will last for many years.
Thermal insulation foam plates
Using the latest foam materials,having a closed cell structure that allows for the most effective heat insulation of the floor in the bath. Special polystyrene structure differs almost zero water absorption, keeping for a long time its insulating qualities. Expanded polystyrene is not subject to water penetration, it is distinguished from other insulation materials having an open cellular or fibrous structure. Low thermal conductivity foam plates perfectly preserved regardless of the moisture and mechanical stress. This material is recommended for use in thermal insulation brick baths. After all, brick is a conductor of moisture from the soil and the environment.
For the insulation of concrete floors, bedspreadstiles, laid on the leveled surface covering, use foams which have a high compressive strength. Experts recommend the use of the following materials:
- Styrodur - solid plate green, produced by concern BASF (Germany);
- Natur-III-PZ - heat-treated ribbed plate;
- Natur-III - compacted smooth plate;
- Roofmate - insulating rigid plate, painted in blue color;
Environmentally friendly foam
The materials used for thermal insulation in the floorbath must be environmentally safe. In this context, extruded polystyrene fits perfectly. After the foaming of the material provided by ordinary carbon dioxide. This means that it does not present any hazardous gaseous reactants contained in the Freon.
The foam is suitable for use in construction,because it can be cut with conventional tools. Thus, as a rule, possible to avoid waste, which affects the decrease of insulation work holding costs. Weightless plate does not aggravate any concrete slab or foundation structure. Horizontal stacking heat insulator is carried out on a perfectly smooth substrate. Foams are not afraid of contact with water, since it is not subject to biodegradation.
How to insulate floor polystyrene: progress
The works on the floor warming in indoor bath is carried out in several stages.
1. After laying the foundation and the installation of a concrete floor slab waterproofing perform future floor.
2. Next is laid insulation - Styrofoam plates. The thickness of this layer can be from 10 to 25 cm.
3. On top of the plates arrange concrete screed, using reinforcing mesh.
4. screed glue is applied to the underfloor heating system, conducting the installation of ceramic tiles.
Warming of the floor and the walls and ceiling Bath, allows in this room minimal heat loss.
Warm wooden floors
During the construction of baths many wizardsfloor device selected wood materials. Because it can not be compared with any tiles eco-friendly flooring made of wooden planks that can store heat for a long time. For such floors served as long as possible, without succumbing to rot, they should be properly prepared and be insulated.
As a material for the device plank floor bath is suitable fir, larch, pine and fir.
Important! It is strictly advised not to use the following types of wood: linden, poplar, aspen and oak.
Types of wood floors
Wooden floors in the bath can be of two types:
- not leaking.
Leaking floors, on the basis of the name, allowwater to drain into the ground under the bath through the cracks that exist between boards. These floors do not require large investments of material resources, as well as labor costs. However, they have a very big disadvantage. These floors - cold, so it is recommended to use in the southern regions.
Not leaking floors are rough floor,which is laid insulation between joists, supports employees to finish. For water drainage arrange in the floor opening, which leads into the header, and then on the sewer pipe is displayed outside the baths in drain hole or septic tanks. The pipe diameter should reach 150 mm, it will allow water to quickly leave the washing compartment. Not leaking floors are made under the bias that allows you to not stagnate water. Currently, preference is this kind of wooden floor in the construction of the baths.
All floorboards, lay in the changing room andrecreation room, covered with a special antiseptic. It will effectively protect the wooden floor from defeat by a fungus, as well as top resist rotting process. For the flooring in the steam room use dried wood, which is processed by special structures are not subjected. Indeed, under the influence of steam to evaporate, which harm the human body. Well dried up the floor during the operation does not progniet, but only darken.
Driving insulation wooden floor
The figure shows schematically a wooden floor construction with insulation:
- foundation; floor beams;
- cranial timber;
- vapor barrier;
- extruded polystyrene foam - insulation;
- waterproofing layer;
As a heater with device wooden floor in the bath They may be used mineral wool mats, fiberglass mats, slag, sand, expanded clay.
The use of a removable wooden floor
Also today, in practice the use of the bathsremovable wooden floors, the wet planks of which is removed, and in their place put dry. The process is quick and easy, because the board is not nailed. Soaked board is subjected to a natural drying in the sun or forced in special kilns. Then the replacement process is repeated. Thus, the extended period of use of the wooden floor.
In this article we have tried to give you a good idea about how to warming of the floor in the bath. All work if you want, you can make your own hands.