How to caulk frame
Now it becomes increasingly popularuse of the bath house and a log house. The secret of this success is simple - wood - the perfect insulation material, and the log building looks unusual and very respectable. And with the return of the fashion for all natural log cabins ratings generally reached unprecedented heights. But even so warm and reliable material, like a log, it is necessary to warm, so to many owners of this property raises a reasonable question: "How caulk frame?" Let's look at this issue, "the bones".
- Why caulk frame?
- Modern materials for caulking
- Jute - the hottest option
- Types of caulking
- Method konopatki "full length"
- caulking method "vnabor"
- Secrets and subtleties of caulking
Why caulk frame?
Caulking log - this is a very important stepconstruction, if neglected, may significantly worsen the thermal insulation of the building. The thing is that at stacking logs between voids and gaps that need to be somehow "destroy".
In addition, the log house will sit with the times,that is sure to become the reason of occurrence of new cracks. Through them, the home warm air and will "run away" on the street. Okay in the summer, but in winter the consequences could be much sadder - the heated air when released into the atmosphere immediately becomes cold in the frost that has settled on the logs. A known frost always carries the problems associated with humidity and moisture, which in turn will cause decay.
Modern materials for caulking
In the Ancient Rus to konopatki log cabins used hemp, sphagnum moss and felt.
Today, these materials are also in demand, however, are increasingly the primary insulation.
Jute - the hottest option
Jute - a natural insulation plantorigin, which "comes" in Russia from Kazakhstan, China and India. The fiber of this plant is valued for its durability, high yarn quality and low hygroscopicity.
Very often manufacturers impose to the buyerjute felt, referring to the fact that it has exactly the same characteristics as the net jute. However, this is not true. This material is much more susceptible to wetting, and therefore much faster it will begin the processes of decay. In addition, it has low levels of strength that affects its insulating properties, and the mole simply adores.
Lnovatin obtained from waste flaxproduction. It comes in the form of long ribbons, twisted into a roll. This material consists of flax fine dust which has SHORT structure. The density of the insulation is no less than that of jute, but that its structure is characterized by a much greater elasticity and rigidity.
Types of caulking
There are two types of caulking, "full length" or "vnabor".
Method konopatki "full length"
This method is used in caulking if the gap between the logs are narrow and almost invisible.
During operation in this manner frominsulation form a strand, which is placed in the slot across the grain, and then gently push it into the shovel, but the edge of the fabric (4-5 cm) should remain outside. Next of tow make thin bead, which is then wrapped in the remainder of the free edge of the insulation material. It remains only to score the roll of a chisel.
caulking method "vnabor"
This technique can be useful when the gap between the logs and voids wide and deep.
To log konopatki way "vnabor" of towrecoiling long thin rope that is wound into a ball. Then, it gradually unwinding, hemp clog the cracks using the chisel-konopatku. Since the dimensions of the slots are different everywhere, you have to recruit the necessary thickness of the rope with the help of its corners, or simply twisting loops.
And the first slaughter insulation at the toppart of the slit, and then - at the bottom. I want joints to look more or less "decent" and even, in the end of it can be sealed with special tool - Roadman.
Important: loose harness scored rastaschat bird soon, so Treat this stage caulking process responsibly.
Secrets and subtleties of caulking
Nuances in the caulking set 0dnako, afraid that it is not necessary, because, as the saying goes, "The eyes are afraid, but the hands are doing."
- Firstly, the first stage of the caulking beginsduring stacking logs log. It was then placed on each timber a layer of insulation material. If lnovatin or jute, it is fixed staple gun, but it should be noted that the insulation must extend beyond the slots approximately 4-5 cm with both sides of the carcass.
- secondly, to qualitatively caulked frame,you have to spend at least two konopatki procedure. First - immediately after the carcass assembly, and the second - after about a year, it will happen a partial shrinkage of the insulation and cracks become visible again. Five years later, when the frame is completely sits down, caulking can be repeated once again in order to finally secure the effect of thermal insulation.
- and third, to great effect konopatku must be done, that is, with the outer and inner both sides of the framework.
Important: caulking process results in a slight uplift log, which can sometimes be 6-7 cm is therefore important to carry out the procedure before the final work on the decoration..
- Fourth, all work related to thecaulking, should be carried out strictly according to the perimeter of the log from the bottom up, because when laying insulation height of log, as mentioned above, increases. If caulk each wall separately, most likely, you end up with a building in the style of "at random".
Important: caulk frame should be in strict sequence: first hammered outer gap around the perimeter of the lower crown, then go inside the house and is doing similar work. Then we go back outside and caulk the gap of the second crown, then go back to the house, etc. If we neglect this recommendation and to carry out work on the first street. and then inside the building, there will be a deviation in the vertical walls.
Well, now you know how tocaulk frame and do not make mistakes that can lead to tragic consequences. Insulated by the rules, and then your house will always be warm and welcoming.