Bath is not only a place where you cangreat time in close friendly company, had a good warm up and slap each other with brooms, as it performs essential functions to improve the health of the body. After the correct procedures in the bath improves the function of many organs and systems: kidneys, respiratory system, the excretory system. This is due to cleanse the body of toxins, salts, toxins, acids, and decomposition products. All of this comes with the sweat. Our forefathers went to the bath at least once a week just for the purification of the lymphatic system. In order to provide maximum recreational function material for baths should be natural, processed and minimally useful to the human body. That is why the baths have always been built from logs.
- Cons and pros bath made of logs.
- How to choose the wood for the bath from logs.
- How to choose a location for the construction of the bath.
- Laying the foundation for a bath.
- Training logs for packing.
- Walling of logs.
- Baths of logs: photo options, the construction of a log bathhouse
Construction of the baths made of logsproduced from softwood and interior - aspen, basswood, cedar, possess curative properties and filling the interior with pleasant scents of essential oils. Today, in spite of such a rich choice of building materials: bricks, concrete blocks, laminated veneer lumber, construction of baths from the logs continue to embody the traditional "Russian bath".
Cons and pros bath made of logs
Wooden logs have a beautiful natural structure, but this is not their only advantage.
- Log walls easily passed steam and air, leaving the inside is warm and wonderful aroma of wood;
- Bath of timber more durable, comfortable, less holds various external sounds;
- Rustic bath lasts for decades without any additional reconstructions;
- Natural subcortical layer of sliced logsIt protects wood against bacterial rot, fungal infection and insect damage. In this case, additional treatment with special impregnation is not necessary;
- Log buildings baths made of logs can be built on any architect's project, because the walls can be positioned at any angle to each other;
- Substantial savings of energy resources to the bath to heat and keep warm, due to the fact that the logs tightly fitted almost do not miss the heat;
- Today baths from the logs quickly and easily built with high quality processing logs and fit under the required precise dimensions;
- Natural, environmental, and health remain the main advantages of chopped bath.
disadvantages arise only at non-professional approach to construction:
- If the timber is picked up incorrectly, too crude, in the future can happen "shrinkage" of the structure, and any longitudinal cracks;
- Build a bath made of logs should be experts in their field, otherwise there is the risk of not getting the expected results, and all of the above benefits.
How to choose the wood for the bath from logs
In ancient Rus' Secrets of the building bathslogs were transmitted from generation to generation. Building material was prepared in advance, dried for a long time in the wild, so the preparation and construction took a long time.
Since then and to this day, for sauna usethese woods: pine, spruce, cedar and larch sometimes. The best material is pine harvested in the winter. That it has the best moisture resistance performance. Selected timber at least 25 cm in diameter, made of wood with a high density.
Important! Choosing wood for construction, it should be noted that the timber of the same grade, but grown in different climatic conditions, has a different density level.
the wood requirements for bath:
- Low thermal conductivity;
- Low thermal capacity;
- Soft pleasant smell;
- Resistance to splitting;
- Good sound absorption;
- The strength and durability;
- The absence of resin pockets;
- As little as possible knots.
Recommend frame bath made of logsrun from northern softwood timber. It has a dense structure and does not change its properties from the temperature difference and humidity increase. It is best suited pine and spruce from the coast of the Baltic Sea and the Canadian spruce. Sometimes using high quality hardwood lumber linden, aspen, alder.
What should I look for when buying logs:
- The surface of the logs should be light or dark yellow color;
- The branches have to sit inside without gaps. If there are gaps, then the core rotten;
- Slice the logs must have a solid surface;
- On a cut should not be blue spots;
- The core should be three-quarters of the cut and have a smooth, dark hue;
- Hit an ax on a log end, it should rebound and thus issue a ringing sound.
How to choose a location for the construction of baths
First of all, it is necessary to bypass portion,check where a primer. See where the neighbors, road and other key terms. Present that would like to see coming out of the steaming sauna.
Entrance to the bath is best placed on the south side, the snowdrifts are melting faster.
If the site has a body of water: lake or pool, or access to the river, it is advisable to build a bath of logs to produce a number, but not closer than 15 m to during the flood is not flooded.
If there is a road, then a bath is better positioned on the other side of the site, away from prying eyes and exhaust.
If you want that neighbors have not seen yousteamed run out and jump into the pond, place the bath so that no one could be seen coming out of her door. And all the other areas viewed better enclose a fence or hedge.
If the groundwater is located too close to the construction of a bath pool is almost impossible to have to be content with a font and a shower.
Veranda or terrace, baths best to hide from prying eyes. It will be nice to come up with a cup of tea or a decoction of herbs, sit on a bench or just stand on the porch and did not catch on foreign views itself.
And, of course, do not forget about fire safety and sanitary rules into account when choosing a place for a bath.
Laying the foundation for a bath
If your dream - a bath with his hands out of a log, after selecting the area you need to choose which foundation is required for a bath.
To begin with we define the type of soil at the site of construction.
If the ground is swampy, forest or garden, clay, loam, of fine gravel or coarse sand, it is better to build a strip foundation.
If soils are distending, or building will be located on a slope, fit or screw pile foundations of concrete or metal piles.
If the soil is composed of fine sand, rocky rocks or quartz, can use any foundation.
If the soil permits, mostly constructionbath made of logs produced on the pier foundation. It is made of stone, brick or concrete. Previously used wooden poles now, too, sometimes, but they are short-lived. The depth of the columnar foundation may be from 70 to 100 cm.
To strip foundation necessary dig a trench, pour into it a layer of sand of about 15-20 cm. Top fill with rubble in the same layer, put rebar and pour concrete.
Training logs for packing
First of all it is necessary to trim the logs "onbracket. " The difference between the upper and lower diameter should be a maximum of 3 cm. Of course, you can buy ready-processed timber at the plant, but they have a major drawback. With large-scale production is difficult to calculate the precise layer that must be removed. And with the help of the planer can only be removed sapwood, and a protective layer of the tree remains. In this case the wood is more durable and more resistant to external influences.
Saw logs along the length of the wall andraskomplektovyvaem. Logs are tapered, and does not always work to balance the top and bottom diameter. Therefore, the most thick and thin ends are put together in a corner and cut off at a right angle.
Deviations in size logs should be in the range of 1-3 cm, or they will not sufficiently tightly against each other.
Bath made of logs implies the connection logs with special grooves. Choose a wood ax until the slot is displayed. Then cut down "paw" and check the density of their fit.
By the way, there are several cut outs:
- In "Oblomov" ( "in the cup") - the most common, has three subspecies. One subspecies, when the bowl is down, it protects logs from rotting.
- In the "paw" - saves the wood, but later rot. Therefore, the first method is always preferable.
If the density of the adjoining joints is insufficient, then on the lower beam laid moss or oakum.
Walling of logs
To date, there is the opportunity to purchasecomplete bath made of logs. This so-called bath factory production. Completely made. And then disassembled for parts that are packaged and signed. The buyer can own or with the help of professionals to collect a bath again using the instructions supplied.
If we build a bath on their own, the first thing you need to perform a mortgage crown.
The first two logs laid on the foundationparallel to each other on opposite sides of the structure. They do recesses in the form of bowls, so they went to the top of the log. The following two logs laid perpendicular to the first ready pazy- bowl.
Upper timber should rise above the bottom only half its thickness.
The second crown also performed. On the lower bowl cut logs, they should be stacked logs. According to this algorithm satisfies all the crowns baths.
After the completion of the wall, they shoulddry thoroughly. Only after drying wood can begin to caulk cracks inside and outside. The material for caulking is moss, linen, hemp, wool felt or modern insulation tape made of jute. Starting must be from the bottom up, with particular attention to the corners. At the completion of construction of the bath made of logs built in oven, held communication, roof mounted, and produced furnish premises and filling of furniture.
Baths of logs: photo options