Waterproofing floor bath
Waterproofing floor bath - a necessary procedure. If it is not carried out, excessive moisture can not only damage the finish premises, but also cause the destruction of the building components. Therefore, on the waterproofing of bath floors need to think at the stage of construction planning. It is important to ensure the rapid removal of water from the steam room, showers and other facilities. And also - to treat floors or traditional penetrating waterproofing coatings. All of these techniques you will learn from this article.
- Types of waterproofing materials
- Features wooden floor treatment
- Fully leakproof flooring
- Making the floor with a drain hole underneath
- Tips for working with concrete base
Types of waterproofing materials
waterproofing sex in the bath It can be traditional or penetrating.
Traditional waterproofing is:
1. Obmazochnaya. Features dozens of kinds of pastes, dry mixes, pastes, differing in cost, composition, scope, specificity stacking, drying speed.
- bitumen-polymer and bitumen masticwhich consist of oxidized bitumen with synthetic additives, are inexpensive, but they need to further equip the concrete floor. Usually applied surface waterproofing under tiles;
- cement-polymer pastes are universal, as theyapplied in layers using a special. reinforcing mesh, they perform both functions of waterproofing and screed. However, it hardens for a long time - about 4 days;
- Similar characteristics have one-component cement mixtures with organic additives;
- polymer liquid mastic are champions of the drying speed; they resemble paint consistency.
A common drawback of coating mastic is a higher price than counterparts roll and sourcing - exceptional waterproofing characteristics. They can be applied to almost any surface.
2. stick. Okleechnaya roll suitable for waterproofingrepair of economy class. This coating is a special flexible base made of polyester and glass fiber, both sides of which the bitumen is applied. It may be adhesive (one side of the web coated with a special adhesive composition) and is welded (before placing the underside of the web is heated burner). The main advantages of this material - low cost, ease of installation limit: you just need to cut from the roll one piece of a certain length and then stick to the floor. The disadvantage is the pungent smell of bitumen, which will persist for some time after the repair, and the need for quality training grounds.
Traditional waterproofing provides strong, reliable waterproof layer, however, reduces the height of the bath room 5 cm.
Penetrating waterproofing can be:
1. concreting. Different density and frost. Usually used to waterproof concrete structures.
2. , polymer. It features environmental friendliness, durability, high adhesion level.
3. inorganic cement. It is used in areas with extremely high humidity, also under tiles.
4. seamless. It is considered the most efficient type of waterproofing. Its use is allowed in any room.
If finances allow, the floor in the bath is better to use one of the varieties of penetrating waterproofing.
Features wooden floor treatment
For the perfect bath floor - of course,wood. The wood has a very pleasant view, has healing properties. Such a floor can be made from spruce, pine, fir or larch. But it is better to choose for this purpose coniferous trees. They include a resin through which the floor will last much longer. Also pine flooring will not slip when wet, unlike, for example, from the oak. Waterproofing wooden floor It should be carried out by a special technology, which we describe below.
First of all, you need to decide how to haveget rid of the water in the bath. This is a necessary step, which necessarily includes a bath floor waterproofing technology. And it can be done in different ways. Initially, you need to decide whether you want to mount the flowing or leakproof wooden floor, and how you do it.
A logical question: What to choose, what distinguishes these covers? The main difference from each other is that the first (flowing floor) suggests that it would be covering the gap through which water will go into the ground. A second (leakproof analog) includes a specially designed ramp, through which the liquid enters the pit and only then the drainpipe away beyond. Read more about how to design them, describe below.
Fully leakproof flooring
This design is built by deepening lagclay or concrete layer, on top of which is made up on the board. Used conventional device floor screed. However, it makes the surface with a slope by using the water level. The slope is 1-well, aside either to the middle. Then, in the lowest point of the floor make a recess for water run-off and set him jail. Then the water is removed in a clarifier / are connected to the sewer.
Thus, the water accumulating in the saunawooden floor, will flow at a set location, and then - a conclusion from the premises. This is the simplest and often applicable way to protect the floor in the bath water. However, it has a fundamental flaw: the board is never completely dry up, so they can start to rot. And leakproof bath floors are always cold.
Making the floor with a drain hole underneath
This design is more complicated. Mounted on the following technologies:
1. On the ground is laid a layer of gravel and sand
2. Then, the poured concrete layer
3. Make a recess and is directed to the 1st of the walls in the form of a sort of shallow funnel
4. The funnel is inserted capacity required for collecting water. It must be must be sealed (can be made of concrete or brick rings)
Note: First in the sauna floor mounted receiver to collect water, and only then lay the very foundation. It turns out a kind of hydro bath floor.
5. From above stack the board, making a gap of 5-6 mm
6. Next, you need to make waterproofing pillars, which are the basis for the lag. They can be built of bricks (25x25 cm) or on a bed of concrete / sand.
7. When the drainage system for water otvovedeniya will be ready and prepared the foundation for the oven, you can begin the installation of the floor in the steam room and washing.
Apply waterproofing necessary after all this work. Selecting it will depend on the used wood material. Each has its own kinds of traditional or penetrating mastics.
Tips for working with concrete base
1. It is necessary to wait until the concrete has set firmly, get stronger and dries
2. Then, the concrete surface is applied to the cement-sand screed thickness of 15-20 mm
3. On the concrete surface will not be tolerated bumps, dents, holes and bumps. You also need to remove all oily stains, traces of paint
4. smooth, prepared screed do waterproofing.
Application of waterproofing
Traditional waterproofing (Mastic) always applied in several layers. After it is laid special rolled waterproofing material. Even on top of it is placed the finishing material.
Penetrating waterproofing It is applied on top of a very simple and easy. The main thing is to pre-quality preparation of the concrete floor has been carried out.
As you can see, these technologies simple. Carry them with some training can be anyone.